+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
Hi! That is what I had to do. Since we have the phone interview, we need to sign and initial both the docs (which they will let you know during the interview), then you will have to mail it to them.

I had my interview last week, and hopefully my COPR gets stamped today. I had a bad run-in with Canada Post, and then I mis-printed the doc incorrectly on legal paper. SO this whole telephone interview, set me back a week. I would have much preferred an in-person interview because of this set back. Plus I also have to go another day and get my SIN number, although it takes a few minutes, its another additional step that could have been avoided. But I will take the telephone interview any day if it means I don't have to wait 8-10 weeks.
Yes, in person interview seems to be easier and more straightforward in terms of all those papers.

Reactions: abcdmud

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Don't think so, we're August and cant wait to start reading posts from June applicants that they have med request. Been no med requests reported here since November, what's the hold up? Hopefully once June come then July August etc come in rapid succession.
Yes June 14 here , no medical request yet
Thanks...hopefully we will hear some good news on this month who knows

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
Hi all!! I finally got confirmation of my today. Now all I have to do is wait to have my COPR document in hand.
Thanks for all the help from all the lovely people in this forum. Its been a crazy and stressful 13 months :)
Congrats! It's all done finally :)
And you got your CoPR back within a week, that's really quick, I believe.

Can you tell me what were the questions during the interview?
Thanks in advance!

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Congrats! It's all done finally :)
And you got your CoPR back within a week, that's really quick, I believe.

Can you tell me what were the questions during the interview?
Thanks in advance!
Thank you!! I do not have my COPR yet, they have mailed it out today, so I should have it next week. Once they stamped it, I got an email in mycic about 2 hours later notifying me that I am officially a PR.

In the interview, they ask basic questions about name and address, and then go over the COPR details, and that is pretty much it. I HIGHLY recommend to mail the COPR and pictures via a courier and not Canada post.

All the best to you! When is your interview?

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you!! I do not have my COPR yet, they have mailed it out today, so I should have it next week. Once they stamped it, I got an email in mycic about 2 hours later notifying me that I am officially a PR.

In the interview, they ask basic questions about name and address, and then go over the COPR details, and that is pretty much it. I HIGHLY recommend to mail the COPR and pictures via a courier and not Canada post.

All the best to you! When is your interview?
OK, I see, good to know, thank you.
When you got a notification to MyCIC (that you're a PR now), did they also sent a scanned copy of CoPR there? Just interesting.
My interview at the end of the month.

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping somebody here can help...

I am a May 1st applicant and already passed the medical exam. I received a message from CIC yesterday saying that they need additional police reports from 2 other countries I have lived in for more than 6 month each. One of these countries is Thailand and I have read that it is PAINFULLY and notoriously difficult to get a Thai PCC via mail.

I have been given less than 1 month to submit these additional documents, but I am 95% confident that I will not receive the Thai PCC before the deadline (if ever).

In the instance I am unable to provide the Thai PCC, what shall I tell CIC? and what is the likelihood it will affect my application? I was getting so close to the end, and now I fear this is going to cause a huge delay... I'm so distraught.

Any help is much appreciated!!

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Something weird happened to my status on ECAS, as some of you know my application was sent on March 10th 2017, it said it was received on March 15th 2017 and they started processing it on March 28th 2017, now they added another line that says "We started processing xxx 's application on March 6, 2018."

I just dont get it and now I'm freaking out!

How could they start processing it now 12 MONTHS AFTER I sent it? This is so weird... Did someone here experience something similar?

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Something weird happened to my status on ECAS, as some of you know my application was sent on March 10th 2017, it said it was received on March 15th 2017 and they started processing it on March 28th 2017, now they added another line that says "We started processing xxx 's application on March 6, 2018."

I just dont get it and now I'm freaking out!

How could they start processing it now 12 MONTHS AFTER I sent it? This is so weird... Did someone here experience something similar?
Don't freak out:) The same thing happened to me and then I received my AIP hours later. And ECAS still says the same thing.

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping somebody here can help...

I am a May 1st applicant and already passed the medical exam. I received a message from CIC yesterday saying that they need additional police reports from 2 other countries I have lived in for more than 6 month each. One of these countries is Thailand and I have read that it is PAINFULLY and notoriously difficult to get a Thai PCC via mail.

I have been given less than 1 month to submit these additional documents, but I am 95% confident that I will not receive the Thai PCC before the deadline (if ever).

In the instance I am unable to provide the Thai PCC, what shall I tell CIC? and what is the likelihood it will affect my application? I was getting so close to the end, and now I fear this is going to cause a huge delay... I'm so distraught.

Any help is much appreciated!!
I would just submit all the evidences that you applied for this certificate and write CoverLetter to explain all that you said here (I applied ... just 30 days ... I did the maximum of what I could ... no certificate yet ... etc.)