Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi! Does anyone know what the procedure is with the OWP Extension App after I have received my PR. I submitted an OWP Extension in Jan, and I have still not received the OWP in hand. I have my Landing interview on Monday, March 5, 2018. Should I ask the person who interviews us, what the process will be? or does CIC automatically refund my money back?
Has anyone else had a similar issue and knows how to go about this?
Hi! Does anyone have any insight on above?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Here’s a question.
My spouse and I have decided that inland isn’t going to work. He has went back to England for the time being to work (prior to get his OWP) I am going to withdraw the inland application but want to make sure his two year OWP stays intact. Does anyone know how this works? We will be applying Outland now.
I strongly believe if you withdraw your application the OWP becomes void, because it's tied to your application and every OWP is different. But call the call centre and find out

Feb 2, 2018
Application received Feb 6, 2017
Received AOR Feb 23, 2017
Schedule A & police certificate requested Feb 26, 2017
Medical requested June 8, 2017
Started to review applicant's eligibility & DM on both sides Feb 22, 2018
Met eligibility Feb 28, 2018
By eligibility met, do they mean you're now a permanent resident or you can now get your open work permit?

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
By eligibility met, do they mean you're now a permanent resident or you can now get your open work permit?
Neither - it's a step on the way to PR - means that at the time of application you were eligible for the program you applied for (for example - you were here on a valid visa; you applied for spouse sponsorship and you have a spouse, etc.)

Feb 2, 2018
Neither - it's a step on the way to PR - means that at the time of application you were eligible for the program you applied for (for example - you were here on a valid visa; you applied for spouse sponsorship and you have a spouse, etc.)
Oh okay. Is that not what is required to get the open work permit though?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Maybe @profiler will be able to help with this question.
I can share an opinion.

Here’s a question.
My spouse and I have decided that inland isn’t going to work. He has went back to England for the time being to work (prior to get his OWP) I am going to withdraw the inland application but want to make sure his two year OWP stays intact. Does anyone know how this works? We will be applying Outland now.
One could argue that the WP remains active until its expiry.

My argument is this is not the case. The reason the OWP would be granted would be the inland spousal sponsorship application. If you terminate the application, that would be a material change to the underlying WP. So, I would believe that would invalidate the permit. Same type of scenario happens when you land -- a material change has occured -- you are not a foreign national anymore, you are a PR -- that invalidates your WP immediately. Visitor visas as well.

The OWP is unique to the inland program. Without the underlying application, I believe that invalidates the permit.

@sylvain1 : do I see off base here?

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
I can share an opinion.

One could argue that the WP remains active until its expiry.

My argument is this is not the case. The reason the OWP would be granted would be the inland spousal sponsorship application. If you terminate the application, that would be a material change to the underlying WP. So, I would believe that would invalidate the permit. Same type of scenario happens when you land -- a material change has occured -- you are not a foreign national anymore, you are a PR -- that invalidates your WP immediately. Visitor visas as well.

The OWP is unique to the inland program. Without the underlying application, I believe that invalidates the permit.

@sylvain1 : do I see off base here?
I believe one of two things.
1. As you stated the OWP was only granted due to the inland PR application so would be withdrawn with the application
Or
2. That it remains valid as it was issued already

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
1. As you stated the OWP was only granted due to the inland PR application so would be withdrawn with the application
Or
There is no withdrawl. When you terminate the inland application -- if it's before they issue the OWP, they just won't issue it. If you have it and terminate after, it's use could be constituted as illegal work. As I said, it's unique to the inland process. The only other OWP is with grad students. The others are not open. And a material change to the underlying application -- like there no longer being an inland application -- would be a reason to invalidate.

When you land, you keep the visas and permits they issued. They're just not valid any more, as a PR does not require them. Same with eTA's.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Or
Only way to find out it to call them, though I tend to agree that the OWP only remains valid with an inland app in process.

How come he went home, I think you had alot of trouble getting AOR in the first place and will now be starting all over again? How long has he been out of Canada, can you just not keep the inland app active and he can re enter and go get a job here with his OWP.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hello

I am March 15 , 2017 applicant . I received this letter today :

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints.....

Is this normal?.. I though Police Cleareance from Canada is conducted by CIC.
Please advise! @profiler

Reactions: Noslord2003

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello

I am March 15 , 2017 applicant . I received this letter today :

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints.....

Is this normal?.. I though Police Cleareance from Canada is conducted by CIC.
Please advise! @profiler
If they've discovered a record for "John Smith" that shares the same name as you, or has used an alias like your name, they need to figure out who's who. Normal process.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Or
i think in the bottom of the OWP or in the approval letter (i’m not sure) it says something like “pending spouse PR application”. so it is indeed attached to the PR application.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
i think in the bottom of the OWP or in the approval letter (i’m not sure) it says something like “pending spouse PR application”. so it is indeed attached to the PR application.
That's just a note. Problem is, the Call Centre won't give you a clear answer -- they have not read the operations manuals. Here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers.html

Under "Special initiatives and pilot projects" | "Federal": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html