Schedule A & police certificate requested Feb 26, 2017
Medical requested June 8, 2017
Started to review applicant's eligibility & DM on both sides Feb 22, 2018
Met eligibility Feb 28, 2018

Last edited:

mattaleen94

Sep 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

I've just received my OWP and it's valid only till mid May 2018 due to the expiry of my passport. So now I'm working on renewing my passport and extending this permit. Now I need help with the following :
- Can I apply for a long term contracts ?
- when I apply for jobs will they see that it expires in May, would that be a problem ?
- Do I need a SIN number to work ? if yes, how can I obtain one ?
- any advice to my situation ?

I would appreciate the help.

Reactions: SunnyK17

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello everyone,

I've just received my OWP and it's valid only till mid May due to the expiry of my passport. So now I'm working on renewing my passport and extending this permit. Now I need help with the following :
- when I apply for jobs will they see that it expires in May, would that be a problem ?

Congrats! Whats your timeline?

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hey guys we just got this email;

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

This morning our ecas changed to DM and now we got this email... But MyCIC still processing our application! Such disconnection!

Reactions: haps22

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

This morning our ecas changed to DM and now we got this email... But MyCIC still processing our application! Such disconnection!
Ah such a disconnection! But congratulations, you’re finally at the end :) ! Do you mind sharing your timeline?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

congrats. mycic is last updated.

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Here’s a question.
My spouse and I have decided that inland isn’t going to work. He has went back to England for the time being to work (prior to get his OWP) I am going to withdraw the inland application but want to make sure his two year OWP stays intact. Does anyone know how this works? We will be applying Outland now.
Can anyone help with this?

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Ah such a disconnection! But congratulations, you’re finally at the end :) ! Do you mind sharing your timeline?
It is on my signature

Spouse Sponsorship
App Mailed............Apr 11, 2017 | Schedule A, PCC Sent..Jun 14, 2017 | DM ECAS (both sides)..Feb 28, 2018
App Recd..............Apr 13, 2017 | OWP Received on mail..Jun 16, 2017 | SA....................(N/A)
AOR Applicant.........May 08, 2017 | Medical passed........Nov 17, 2017 |
Schedule A, PCC Req...May 09, 2017 | AIP...................Feb 27, 2018 |

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
Here’s a question.
My spouse and I have decided that inland isn’t going to work. He has went back to England for the time being to work (prior to get his OWP) I am going to withdraw the inland application but want to make sure his two year OWP stays intact. Does anyone know how this works? We will be applying Outland now.
Maybe @profiler will be able to help with this question.

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
Ok, here is my update (and I am not quite sure what is next).

"Eligibility passed" paper received several days ago. The same day "Decision made" for both Sponsor and Apllicant in ECAS.

And then ... silence for 4 days already. No updates in MyCIC, no new information in ECAS, no new emails. Just nothing.
Any ideas re: what's happening with my application? :)

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Ok, here is my update (and I am not quite sure what is next).

"Eligibility passed" paper received several days ago. The same day "Decision made" for both Sponsor and Apllicant in ECAS.

And then ... silence for 4 days already. No updates in MyCIC, no new information in ECAS, no new emails. Just nothing.
Any ideas re: what's happening with my application? :)
Dont worry, i have been waiting since Feb6th where my ECAS changed to DM on both sides..

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

I've just received my OWP and it's valid only till mid May 2018 due to the expiry of my passport. So now I'm working on renewing my passport and extending this permit. Now I need help with the following :

Hi! Get your passport renewed as soon as possible and apply for an extension of work permit, same paperwork and fees.
Not too sure if you can apply for long term contracts, maybe someone else can provide insight on this.
SIN number - if you can stop by Service Canada today, just hop in with your work permit and they will issue a sin number to you. Its pretty quick 5-10 minutes.
If employers are giving you a hard time, you can tell them you have sent an application to get the OWP extended.

I have had the same job the last 4 years, so my managers and HR know about my situation, as long I showed them proof that I sent the docs and receipts.