+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I am sponsoring my wife under the inland sponsorship program. I am on PR and my wife lives with me in canada.

The checklist says

"POLICE CERTIFICATES:
You do not have to submit police certificates now. After your application is received, you will be requested to a) submit a validated Schedule A:
Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form for yourself (and any family members 18 or over), and b) provide police certificates."

Does that mean my wife needs to submit the police clearance certificate for her parents as well? I hope not. I always get confused with the word family in these forms. As per my understanding, a family member can only be the spouse and kids after the wedding.. Is that right?
Yes, you are correct

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone!!

I am March 2017 inland
So i uploaded an additional document that they asked for back in January, I just re read the request letter today and totally missed where they said
please include this correspondence
AHHHHH!
So I just uploaded it again with the correspondence in the case specific inquiry. It's not passed the due date which is Feb 24th.
I guess my question is... has anyone else done this as well.. or do you think it would've been ok without the correspondence... are they picky about those things?
I'm so close to the finish!! and i can't believe I over looked that! ugh Thanks to everyone that listened to me rant on just now :p

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
I am a March 2017 inland PR applicant. Gave medical in November,17..no news or update since then. How about other March 2017 applicants?
AOR received in March 2017... January they asked for an additional document... since then silence

Reactions: Sy93

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hi guys, I'm new here even though I have been reading this forum for a long time now!

I don't know if somebody here could help but my lawyer sent a letter to immigration asking some updates in my application (I'm also March 2017) and I've got this answer:

"Good day xxx,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry. "

Is this a good sign? The last update I've got was medical (passed in November) since then silence... Any opinions?

Reactions: Sy93 and polar25

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
July 31st here and same as you, they haven't requested a medical yet. I sent my police certificate + Schedule A in September.

I saw someone who applied in April and got a request for medical in November (7 months), so we should get a request soon if the timeline is similar.
This is what my profile shows:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
we have the same timeline, hopefully the medical request is coming end of Feb or March

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Ok just wait then. It's a waiting game now. But also call ircc to verify that you haven't been sent any correspondence just to be on a safe side.
Thanks,

Do you know IRCC phone number I can call?
1-888-242-2100, to speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.
I just got this from google, is this correct?

Last edited:

shema_3

Jun 17, 2011
Hello,
I have the same situation and a similar timeline. I called CIC and they only said that they received all required documents for now.. please let me know if there is anything else I should do.
Thanks
Hello, I think we should relax for a while...following the time line here. If nothing changes after a yearI would contact cic

Reactions: Leogirl22

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
I am sponsoring my wife under the inland sponsorship program. I am on PR and my wife lives with me in canada.

The checklist says

"POLICE CERTIFICATES:
You do not have to submit police certificates now. After your application is received, you will be requested to a) submit a validated Schedule A:
Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form for yourself (and any family members 18 or over), and b) provide police certificates."

Does that mean my wife needs to submit the police clearance certificate for her parents as well? I hope not. I always get confused with the word family in these forms. As per my understanding, a family member can only be the spouse and kids after the wedding.. Is that right?
Thanks A lot Friend...I just realized that.... I was all set to send the application using the old checklist? When did they change the checklist? any idea? Looks like we need to submit the clearance certificate in advance now.... Any other major changes?

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi NinaM,
What lawyer did you use if you don't mind me asking? And roughly at what cost?
Thanks so much!
Sorry for the delay, I have not been visiting this site very frequently now that hubby is a PR! The info sent to your mail on here.

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Yes, you are correct
Lol this is wrong information. Why would you need to submit police certificate for family members who are not accompanying the applicant.

You need to submit schedule A info for ALL your immediate family members but not the police certificate. Only submit police certificate for the applicant. And yes you can do this upfront and send a copy along with the application to save some time.

knidz

Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone, I am a Feb 6th 2017 applicant. Today the Review of eligibility changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements". It is passed 12 months already. How many steps there are after this?

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
How long does it take for bls international to issue indian pcc? Can i get it on the same day?

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
Lol this is wrong information. Why would you need to submit police certificate for family members who are not accompanying the applicant.

You need to submit schedule A info for ALL your immediate family members but not the police certificate. Only submit police certificate for the applicant. And yes you can do this upfront and send a copy along with the application to save some time.
Does that mean I should submit the background declaration form for my wife's parents and siblings as well? I am the sponsor and we dont have any children yet. So is it enough to submit the background form just for my wife?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take for bls international to issue indian pcc? Can i get it on the same day?
No they won't give it to you the same day. Check the processing times on their website.

Check with Indian embassy and see if they can help you (not sure if they do it).

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016

Oh yeah. You are right. It says on the checklist it’s for the principal applicant and dependents.