+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am march 2017 applicant. As per today, I received a letter on my gc key account.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

What does this mean? Is it SA or AIP?

Thanks
AIP! Congratss

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am march 2017 applicant. As per today, I received a letter on my gc key account.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Thanks
Nice to hear good news from March applicants!. Congrats!

Reactions: haps22 and cdylie

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, March 20th applicant here... also gave medical in around same time. Background check not in progress and no update since medical was received.
did you submit Schedule A and your police check ?

contact CIC and try to find out if they have everything required from your end.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Thanks
AIP - congrats.

do you mind sharing your timeline ?

Reactions: cdylie

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hi everyone. We filed sponsorship application for my wife who is inland in dec 2017 and got the file number in first week of feb 2018.
After getting file number how long would it take to get sponsor approval i mean SA?

shema_3

Jun 17, 2011
did they specify why your background check has not started yet ? or has it already started ?
My purpose of calling was to know why background check is still pending, agent was only able to confirm I submitted all requirements from my end. I am not sure they have access past this stage.

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
AIP - congrats.

do you mind sharing your timeline ?
Application received = 15/02/2017
Schedule A & police certificate = 04/05/2017
Medical request = 22/01/2018
Eligibility passed = 22/02/2018

Do you have any idea how long will it take until DM? If I am not mistaken, after we passed eligibility they will check our security(second phase)? And then after that is DM?

Reactions: Amsadek4u

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
I am sponsoring my wife under the inland sponsorship program. I am on PR and my wife lives with me in canada.

The checklist says

"POLICE CERTIFICATES:
You do not have to submit police certificates now. After your application is received, you will be requested to a) submit a validated Schedule A:
Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form for yourself (and any family members 18 or over), and b) provide police certificates."

Does that mean my wife needs to submit the police clearance certificate for her parents as well? I hope not. I always get confused with the word family in these forms. As per my understanding, a family member can only be the spouse and kids after the wedding.. Is that right?

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
My purpose of calling was to know why background check is still pending, agent was only able to confirm I submitted all requirements from my end. I am not sure they have access past this stage.
Hello,
I have the same situation and a similar timeline. I called CIC and they only said that they received all required documents for now.. please let me know if there is anything else I should do.
Thanks

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hello everyone.

Has anybody who applied for inland spousal sponsorship including the OWP in November received any response ?
November OWPs are being approved - ours was Nov 22 and I've seen a couple approved from the 26th and such... you should get your OWP approval very soon!

Reactions: shmoops and Coridel

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I am sponsoring my wife under the inland sponsorship program. I am on PR and my wife lives with me in canada.

The checklist says

"POLICE CERTIFICATES:
You do not have to submit police certificates now. After your application is received, you will be requested to a) submit a validated Schedule A:
Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form for yourself (and any family members 18 or over), and b) provide police certificates."

Does that mean my wife needs to submit the police clearance certificate for her parents as well? I hope not. I always get confused with the word family in these forms. As per my understanding, a family member can only be the spouse and kids after the wedding.. Is that right?
Yes, family member here means spouse or children, she doesn't need one for her parents. But if you haven't submitted your application yet, I've heard the checklist has been updated and you need submit police check upfront with the application, so double check that to avoid any mistakes