+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a March 2017 inland PR applicant. Gave medical in November,17..no news or update since then. How about other March 2017 applicants?
March 2017 applicant. Last we heard was in June 2017 - medical request.

Since then not even a single thing from ircc. Whenever we call or check the GCKey - background check in progress (for months now). We are just days away from our 12 month timeline, but have no sight of light on other end of tunnel :( this wait is becoming frustrating with every passing day (sorry to sound a little negative here, but i really want to get over with this).

Reactions: polar25 and Sy93

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed

Since then not even a single thing from ircc. Whenever we call or check the GCKey - background check in progress (for months now). We are just days away from our 12 month timeline, but have no sight of light on other end of tunnel :( this wait is becoming frustrating with every passing day (sorry to sound a little negative here, but i really want to get over with this).
Same here! I'm assuming they do it in waves, so once one of us receives SA and AIP - hopefully, the rest will as well:)

Sy93

Feb 22, 2018

I am going through the same!! It is so frustrating!! We just can’t help but wait
Same here! I'm assuming they do it in waves, so once one of us receives SA and AIP - hopefully, the rest will as well:)
i think so as well!! Just going through the threads for any good news

niza

Feb 22, 2018
Hi guys! I hope anyone can help me here. I'm Inland applicant I got email for schedule A and police certificate .I submitted already the Schedule A and the police certificate in my country and police certificate here in Canada. But the hong kong police clearance not yet. Anyone knows here how or I need to wait a requesting letter from CIC? Because my husband said , the CIC will send me a requesting letter if they need my police clearance in Hong Kong. Help please. ....I'm afraid I'm waiting for nothing. Thanks!

Last edited:

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
I am a March 2017 inland PR applicant. Gave medical in November,17..no news or update since then. How about other March 2017 applicants?
Also a March 2017 applicant, no news or updates since the background started processing last fall / passing the medical results. Hopefully soon! Good luck with your application. Fingers crossed that the end of this long wait is near for us!

Reactions: polar25

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
Hello everyone,

I am march 2017 applicant. As per today, I received a letter on my gc key account.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

What does this mean? Is it SA or AIP?

Thanks

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Nope. I'm June 2017 too. Judging by the above messages we've got a bit of a wait still. I'm not sure checking everyday for progress is good for my health!! Bit addictive though.
You should not be worried about it cause its a waiting game. If we know that someone got it at least we know that its not sitting on someone's desk. Progression is always good. Thats all we needed to know :)

shema_3

Jun 17, 2011
Hello, March 20th applicant here... also gave medical in around same time. Background check not in progress and no update since medical was received.

Reactions: Sy93 and polar25

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hello everyone,

I am march 2017 applicant. As per today, I received a letter on my gc key account.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

What does this mean? Is it SA or AIP?

Thanks
AIP

Reactions: cdylie