App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
March applicant, same situation as yours.

I called the client support this morning and they confirmed there has been no change - bc still in process.
Hopefully not much longer!! Best of luck with your application:)

priyasharma

Jan 4, 2018
We have a very similar timeline - we submitted OWP with PR last Sep (5) and had OWP returned because of a missing fee also... Resubmitted in November 11, arrived at CIC Nov 15 and is marked as received Nov 22.... but we only just received approval yesterday! Either way, we have it now and I'm very happy for you that yours came so quickly!
wow! I got mine just now via email. It's IMM5754.. Is it approved OWP? The letter is pretty basic and starts with "Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved." and valid for 2 years. I just want to confirm as it's pretty basic. Will it be stamped in the passport? Just curious to know the next steps. Also, if it's good enough to show the employers?

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
wow! I got mine just now via email. It's IMM5754.. Is it approved OWP? The letter is pretty basic and starts with "Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved." and valid for 2 years. I just want to confirm as it's pretty basic. Will it be stamped in the passport? Just curious to know the next steps. Also, if it's good enough to show the employers?
Congratulation! Looks like it. Whats your timeline?

Dimdim03

Feb 2, 2018
Hi! My wife and I got married last August 2017 here in Canada. We sent our application October and they received it on the same month. We received an email about getting police certificate/clearance on December 28 and we were able to comply around second week of January still meeting the deadline they gave us which is before January 21. As of now we still haven't received any reply from immigration.

P.S my wife is a permanent resident and I am currently working as a live-in caregiver under a working visa.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
YES that's it!! Congrats! It should arrive in the mail in about a week or so, then you can take your OWP and passport and go apply for a SIN! The paper version will be needed for employers as the email is not enough proof that it's government issued. It will be electronically attached to your passport, along with the ETA they give you with your OWP. Both will be valid for 2 years

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi! My wife and I got married last August 2017 here in Canada. We sent our application October and they received it on the same month. We received an email about getting police certificate/clearance on December 28 and we were able to comply around second week of January still meeting the deadline they gave us which is before January 21. As of now we still haven't received any reply from immigration.

P.S my wife is a permanent resident and I am currently working as a live-in caregiver under a working visa.
You most likely won't get any correspondence from CIC until Med request (as far as I know). We are at a similar stage, but a bit ahead (our app was submitted Sep 5). After Sched A and Police clearance request we haven't received any emails, we've only noticed that our background check changed from 'Not applicable' to 'Processing'. There's very little correspondence from CIC throughout the whole process! You'll just want to make sure your documents that you uploaded have been successfully submitted

wackytacky

Jul 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,
Me(sponsor) and my partner(applicant) got Acknowledgement with Application number and UCI# yesterday, 1 day apart.
We linked our partners account in cic site. But it says no documents needed at the moment.

Our understanding was they request PCC and SchA right after linking the application. Is it not the case? Do they ask for it later?

Also, we had included OWP with our application. But we don't see any information on that. Do we get separate ack for OWP too?

Thanks in advance

Elena1212

Apr 13, 2017
Hey,guys!I’m March applicant ( 6 March 2017 app received) and just got my updates to do another medical examination and submit till 03/17as my old one was upfront and expired in September. I made an appointment with panel physician on 21Feb for me and my dependent.I have a question if I need to upload something to my cic account after exam or that’s the physician only who sent our results to immigration office.How long will it take to review medical results?It was before medical passed in my cic account now it says they are reviewing my medical...It seems like it never ends lol Thank you and good luck everyone

Reactions: haps22

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
Hey,guys!I’m March applicant ( 6 March 2017 app received) and just got my updates to do another medical examination and submit till 03/17as my old one was upfront and expired in September. I made an appointment with panel physician on 21Feb for me and my dependent.I have a question if I need to upload something to my cic account after exam or that’s the physician only who sent our results to immigration office.How long will it take to review medical results?It was before medical passed in my cic account now it says they are reviewing my medical...It seems like it never ends lol Thank you and good luck everyone
You just need to print out the medical request form from CIC and take it with you to the physician. They will do the rest and submit it to CIC. I did mine on a Friday, it was submitted by the following Tuesday and my status showed passed by Thursday, so everything took less than a week. Good luck with your application! It does seem like it never ends but hopefully we are almost at the end:) I am a fellow March applicant as well (March 27th)

Last edited:

Dimdim03

Feb 2, 2018
You most likely won't get any correspondence from CIC until Med request (as far as I know). We are at a similar stage, but a bit ahead (our app was submitted Sep 5). After Sched A and Police clearance request we haven't received any emails, we've only noticed that our background check changed from 'Not applicable' to 'Processing'. There's very little correspondence from CIC throughout the whole process! You'll just want to make sure your documents that you uploaded have been successfully submitted
Oh okay. Mine still says " not applicable".

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi there,
You’ll get the original OWP in mail in 7-10 days, it’s pretty much an A4 thick “special” paper, which gives details and restrictions of your permit. Then you need to apply for SIN in office Canada (no fee, ready the same day) - then you can start a job!

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone ,
I have just read cic made changes that Scd a and pcc should be submitted along with the file from March 2018.
I have question that I am November 2017 applicant my representative have not sent pcc as he said we will send when cic will ask. He only submitted scd a last week. So shall I keep waiting for cic correspondence or just submit pcc right away.
Thanks