App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Wow, that is incredibly fast! Very happy for you! Was yours a special case at all? Or did you just happen to get a very efficient processing agent haha?
I'm not really sure. But there could be some factors to it though. I originally submitted PR and OWP app last September. Realized I paid the wrong fees for OWP. re-submitted OWP to Vegreville in November. Original PR and OWP returned around 24th November (missing docs). Re-submitted entire app last December 9.

It was unexpectedly fast. I was wondering the same thing cos I was expecting to receive OWP around March or April. Hope you get yours soon too!

Reactions: HomeAgain17

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hello there, My application received by CIC on December14, 2017. Got AOR on January27, 2017. PCC and schedule A uploaded the day after. OWP application received by Vegreville Alberta, December 8, 2017. Since than no update!
Just keep waiting it'll arrive soon :)

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I don't think that person got OWP approval, if it's the same person I'm thinking of - they had submitted and recently got AOR so that might have been confused as OWP approval. However, my OWP was resubmitted Nov 22 and we got approved yesterday
Congrats! Well hopefully mine will be submited soon as well....

Reactions: crystarclear

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not really sure. But there could be some factors to it though. I originally submitted PR and OWP app last September. Realized I paid the wrong fees for OWP. re-submitted OWP to Vegreville in November. Original PR and OWP returned around 24th November (missing docs). Re-submitted entire app last December 9.

It was unexpectedly fast. I was wondering the same thing cos I was expecting to receive OWP around March or April. Hope you get yours soon too!
Did you apply a new OWP or extend your current OWP?

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Yes don't leave the country before she gets OWP if you are applying inland. Like @Noslord2003 said she has implied status since the OWP is in process - you'll be fine!!
"implied status" is new to me.. good to know! Whew... Yes we applied inland. However she got OWP returned today due to couple of errors. We'll sent it back to Vegreville tomorrow via express post, which means it is now in the back of the queue as February applicant for OWP. This is within the 4 months time frame as we originally sent it in December. Does it mean her visitor visa is still on as implied status?

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I'm on the same timeline as you guys! App received December 21st and my visitor visa expires in late March. She has implied status if the OWP application was complete and wasn't sent back (I've linked mine online so that I know for sure it's being processed) so no need to worry :) I'm a worry wart too haha, but this forum helps a lot!!
Yes, the forum helps A LOT!! Ease my worries! haha... However, she got her OWP returned due to couple of errors. Resubmitted OWP would go to the back of the queue. :( I hope her visitor visa is still as implied status. How did you link your OWP, may I ask? I have clicked "follow" on you since we're pretty much on the same timeline.

Coridel

Oct 24, 2017
"implied status" is new to me.. good to know! Whew... Yes we applied inland. However she got OWP returned today due to couple of errors. We'll sent it back to Vegreville tomorrow via express post, which means it is now in the back of the queue as February applicant for OWP. This is within the 4 months time frame as we originally sent it in December. Does it mean her visitor visa is still on as implied status?
You mentioned her visitor status expires in April, correct? If you want the peace of mind, you can apply to extend her visit visa. I think it costs $100. That way she would still be in status even if her OWP application was returned again.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
You mentioned her visitor status expires in April, correct? If you want the peace of mind, you can apply to extend her visit visa. I think it costs $100. That way she would still be in status even if her OWP application was returned again.
I’ve decided to leave it as implied status for her visitor visa since she’ll get OWP anyway. Thanks.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I’ve decided to leave it as implied status for her visitor visa since she’ll get OWP anyway. Thanks.
What Coridel suggested is that if you've happened to miss something again (hopefully not!) then they might return the application which could take like a month and then by the time you'd end up sending it back her visitor visa might have expired and she will be out of status. That's up to you whether to do that or not! I was going to apply for an extension a month before my visitor visa expired if I hadn't received or linked my OWP application yet but it's up to you!
I linked my OWP application online 4,5 days after I got the AOR for the PR application but you have to search by UCI or just your name because the application number is not the same as PR application.
Also, maybe check out the signature/timeline for other people who have had to send back their OWP application to see how long it took for them before they could link online.

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018

We have a very similar timeline - we submitted OWP with PR last Sep (5) and had OWP returned because of a missing fee also... Resubmitted in November 11, arrived at CIC Nov 15 and is marked as received Nov 22.... but we only just received approval yesterday! Either way, we have it now and I'm very happy for you that yours came so quickly!

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Has her visitor visa already expired? If it has and your OWP has been returned then she is out of status completely, and will need to apply for restoration of status before she can resubmit her OWP app... I hope that's not the case and that she's still in status for a bit longer!!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any March 2017 applicants? How is your timeline? My background still processing, medicals passed, since then silence. Hoping it’s the end of this long year of waiting soon!
March applicant, same situation as yours.

I called the client support this morning and they confirmed there has been no change - bc still in process.

Reactions: polar25 and haps22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question that my spouse has valid ETA and it will expire in 2020 . She got that ETA when she came in Canada as a Visitor but now she got OWP as per my understanding she will get new ETA in accordance with her OWP but my spouse did not get any email of ETA from IRCC and when my spouse reached out with IRCC ,it was informed that my spouse has valid ETA. I just wanted to make sure when my spouse returns back , will not get any trouble just because of ETA so my spouse will not receive new ETA as per OWP as status is being changed to worker? and could use valid old ETA? can someone please confirm me ? I will appreciate for confirmation.