+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
From my experience, they received my OWP application at the end of July 2017, and they approved it on Jan 10, 2018. I called few times between Nov and Dec, and it took them more than 150 days to finish the work. But finally, it's here.
Did you send it in July with the PR application or did you have to re send it?

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
And still it took them that long? Did they say why?
They never tell you why, they just say different people could take different time, yours is still in process, we will send you the email, once it's updated. Please check your linked account.

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
They never tell you why, they just say different people could take different time, yours is still in process, we will send you the email, once it's updated. Please check your linked account.
It would be nice if they would give an explanation haha

Shannonbella

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Yeah that's what I saw too, I was just hoping someone had a better experience haha.

I just find it stupid that now I have to wait for that. What's even the point if they start the OPW application just 2 months before you get the PR.
I was so mad at myself for not paying all the fees but after I found this forum and saw that a lot of people didn't pay both fees maybe the website it's not that clear about it. And why they can't just put the application on hold and simply ask you to pay the fee and send the receipt online or just use the PR fees like someone does instead of sending back the application?!?!

I'm sorry for the long post but I needed to vent. The call with the agent really made me upset.
Im sorry :(
I’ve seen people on this forum get their OWP after it was returned for insufficient fees. I don’t think the call center people know what they are talking about. I’m October 17th and I talked to CIC the beginning of January and they said about 4 months which is mid Febuary. As long as you paid the fees and were still in status, you’ll be ok:)

Reactions: biff995

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
Im sorry :(
I’ve seen people on this forum get their OWP after it was returned for insufficient fees. I don’t think the call center people know what they are talking about. I’m October 17th and I talked to CIC the beginning of January and they said about 4 months which is mid Febuary. As long as you paid the fees and were still in status, you’ll be ok:)
I know I called like 4 times and everyone told me something different each time. Mine was received October 19th so we are close :)

Reactions: Shannonbella

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Yeah that's what I saw too, I was just hoping someone had a better experience haha.

I just find it stupid that now I have to wait for that. What's even the point if they start the OPW application just 2 months before you get the PR.
I was so mad at myself for not paying all the fees but after I found this forum and saw that a lot of people didn't pay both fees maybe the website it's not that clear about it. And why they can't just put the application on hold and simply ask you to pay the fee and send the receipt online or just use the PR fees like someone does instead of sending back the application?!?!

I'm sorry for the long post but I needed to vent. The call with the agent really made me upset.
your frustration is understandable: it only makes sense if you background check takes forever. most people are done pretty quickly after getting aip, which means they gotta get in touch with ircc after landing to sort out refund of their owp fees. what a delight that is! seems a bit flawed to me, unless i don't understand something about the process...

Reactions: biff995

sakura_hana17

Feb 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
After I submitted OWP to Vegreville, they received my OWP application on Nov 11th. FINALLY approved as today.
Congratulations!
Were you able to link your work permit application to your online account just like the PR application?
I recently submitted the OWP application to Vegreville to extend my current OWP that is expiring soon as I got it with my old passport.
The last time I applied for OWP with the whole package of PR applications back in May, it only took me 2 months to receive the OWP by mail.
I wonder how long it would take to get the new one by sending the application directly to Vegreville...