+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
Hi guys,
We have our documents + OWP sent out for 3 weeks now and preparing the Police certificates.
1. Do the police certificate have to be hard copy or can we upload the scanned copy into the system after linking the account?
2. Does the Schd A and PCC affect processing of OWP or is it processed separately?

Thanks in advance :)
i have the same question... hope someone would answer about this..

sakura_hana17

Feb 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
Hi all, May 1st applicant here - I just got my Medical Request :)
Congratulations!
I am also May applicant and haven't heard from CIC since I submitted the Schedule A and am still waiting for the medical request to come.
Hope mine will come soon, too.

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
yup i think its possible not to ask me a med request again since if i apply for pr under the live in caregiver after 2 years they will not ask a medical again.. Anyway having a medical request again is fine ..please keep posted if you got a request..:)
so, today my med status changed to "we're reviewing the results of your medical exam". i did my exam upfront in december 2016, so it expired. i hope they extend it. i haven't left canada since 2012 when i came to study, so, i couldn't have "brought" anything contagious from my home country or anywhere else.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
so, today my med status changed to "we're reviewing the results of your medical exam". i did my exam upfront in december 2016, so it expired. i hope they extend it. i haven't left canada since 2012 when i came to study, so, i couldn't have "brought" anything contagious from my home country or anywhere else.
thats a good news .. :) your also done... congrats

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Congratulations!
I am also May applicant and haven't heard from CIC since I submitted the Schedule A and am still waiting for the medical request to come.
Hope mine will come soon, too.
Hopefully this is a sign that there will be another wave of medical requests coming for people in the April/May application period who didn't get them earlier!

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
I called CIC again since today it's 105 days since they received my OPW and the guy told me that it doesn't matter if you were in or out of status but when you have to send back the OPW to Vegreiville you have to wait for the application to be approved in principle. So I don't understand why the other agent told me to send the web form telling them that I was in status while I applied if it doesn't matter.

Do you guys know how long does it take for AIP usually?

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015

Hello friends, I'm a PR in Canada since 2016. I have brought my wife to Canada on a tourist visa. She lives with me now. I'm planning to apply for inland PR for my wife under Spouse PR category. She does not have a birth certificate and in the process of getting a baptism certificate. Anyone here submitted a baptismal certificate instead of birth certificate and do we need to submit original birth or baptism certificate for spouse ? Please let me know.

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
Hello Guys.. I Linked my Application Online :) My mistake was the city/town of birth I didnt put a coma I just put " San Mateo Rizal" so last night i tried putting the coma "San Mateo,Rizal" (like what i put exactly on my forms) and it was a succes!
TIP: Look at your Generic form and put what exactly you wrote in there :)
and
QUESTION: Now that i link my application theyre asking for police certificates. I know i have to scan and upload it online but.. Will i need a Hard Copy of Police clearance for the future processing of the PR and OWP Application?

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
I called CIC again since today it's 105 days since they received my OPW and the guy told me that it doesn't matter if you were in or out of status but when you have to send back the OPW to Vegreiville you have to wait for the application to be approved in principle. So I don't understand why the other agent told me to send the web form telling them that I was in status while I applied if it doesn't matter.

from what i've seen, aip is one of the very last steps. it's received within 1-2 months before landing.

Reactions: biff995

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
from what i've seen, aip is one of the very last steps. it's received within 1-2 months before landing.
Yeah that's what I saw too, I was just hoping someone had a better experience haha.

I just find it stupid that now I have to wait for that. What's even the point if they start the OPW application just 2 months before you get the PR.
I was so mad at myself for not paying all the fees but after I found this forum and saw that a lot of people didn't pay both fees maybe the website it's not that clear about it. And why they can't just put the application on hold and simply ask you to pay the fee and send the receipt online or just use the PR fees like someone does instead of sending back the application?!?!

I'm sorry for the long post but I needed to vent. The call with the agent really made me upset.

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017

From my experience, they received my OWP application at the end of July 2017, and they approved it on Jan 10, 2018. I called few times between Nov and Dec, and it took them more than 150 days to finish the work. But finally, it's here.