+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
Received work permit today :D
Well, we received the notification that they approved it and mailed it.

Date application received: November 1st, 2017
OWP: January 31, 2018

wow!!! congrats!!
mine was received October 26th, realllllyyy hoping we receive the email soon!!!

did you send your police certificate and medical with your original application?

Dreamerforever

Jan 9, 2018
Our OWP application was returned to us in the mail today, for lack of funds (Dec 6th application). Even though we mailed the missing fees to them a month ago and uploaded it on the IRCC webform.

My husband's status expired in the beginning of January, so I guess now we have to apply for restoration of status before re-applying for the OWP, which will take so long... I'm so disheartened.

Has anyone here been through this process? What are the chances of the status being restored? Should we try just remailing the whole package as is and hope for the best?

Rudy123

Jan 31, 2018
Our OWP application was returned to us in the mail today, for lack of funds (Dec 6th application). Even though we mailed the missing fees to them a month ago and uploaded it on the IRCC webform.

My husband's status expired in the beginning of January, so I guess now we have to apply for restoration of status before re-applying for the OWP, which will take so long... I'm so disheartened.

Has anyone here been through this process? What are the chances of the status being restored? Should we try just remailing the whole package as is and hope for the best?
I am in a similar process it seems. I had an IEC Work Permit, and then applied for PR and an OWP before my work permit expired. My WP extension was rejected, and now I need to wait to be issued an OWP to go back to work. I can't understand why my IEC to OWP doesn't give me implied status. Now I am confused if I need to restore status, or I am under implied status as a visitor. I can't find the answer.

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
so sorry to hear im in a work permit too (caregiver) dont understand why does a IEC does not qualify for a owp under inland if it is still valid the moment they received your application, instead need to wait for a AIP .. in there website says if you a valid visitor or wp you can apply a owp.. anyway hope you get AIP soon..
Thanks. I still don't understand either and I have been told so many different answers I'm not sure what is correct. So still got my fingers crossed!

MountainAB

Jan 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
Is your husband the sponsor? Maybe he'll get this same email tomorrow!
He is. I think so too. I’ll let you know if it happens to us too ok!?
My husband got his email tonight, same time as mine yesterday.
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/12/18 on behalf of the following member(s):"

Coridel

Oct 24, 2017

Be sure to redo the OWP with the new Nov 2017 form. Otherwise they will send it back to you a second time.