App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
i honestly dont know.. i came in canada as a worker (live in caregiver)and since then never been outside if canada..so i dont know if i have to do a medical too since i did all this before i enter canada... they just received my application dec 11 and got AOR jan 15.After i submit my sched A and police cert .they said no additional documents needed.. I"ll let you know if there is a progress :)
technically, there's supposed to a separate med request, as the med exam you've taken has expired. however i've seen ircc recycle med results from previous applications. so, there's always hope :)

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
technically, there's supposed to a separate med request, as the med exam you've taken has expired. however i've seen ircc recycle med results from previous applications. so, there's always hope :)
yup i think its possible not to ask me a med request again since if i apply for pr under the live in caregiver after 2 years they will not ask a medical again.. Anyway having a medical request again is fine ..please keep posted if you got a request..:)

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi, I have been reading this forum for a while but haven't posted before. Was anyone here on International Experience Canada before applying for PR? I am confused because I have seen a few people say that IEC applicants are not on implied status while their PR is being processed if their work permit expires? I also realise that I cant extend my IEC work permit, but can I apply for a new work permit and if so, which boxes should I tick when I submit the work permit application? My work permit doesn't expire until April 2018 but I don't expect to have a decision made on my common law PR application until August
I am in same situation. You are on implied status in Canada as a visitor but can't work after IEC visa expires. I also applied open work permit in December and haven't heard anything yet. But I did get told it won't get approved until AIP which is at the end of PR application so not very helpful.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
I am in same situation. You are on implied status in Canada as a visitor but can't work after IEC visa expires. I also applied open work permit in December and haven't heard anything yet. But I did get told it won't get approved until AIP which is at the end of PR application so not very helpful.
have you able to link your owp application?

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Any January 2017 applicant ?
Any updates ? Still waiting for them to contact me , last time was on Dec 2017 to provide some documents
I am the same as you called them yesterday Agent told me I am still in background check. For what I don't know my notes say NRT for USA and NRT for Canada and my home country PCC was sent with my application have not lived in any other country. Medicals pass since January.

Reactions: AlexDLaCruz

sonias

Jul 27, 2016
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-11-2017
Application submitted august 9 2017
App received sep 19 2017
Medical submitted 4th octuber 2017
PCC submitted 8th octuber 2017
File in process in delhi since 6th nov 2017
What to expect afterwards it seems to be like they are not doing anything now
It looks like you are posting in the wrong thread. Please look for the out-land applicants thread for the New Delhi visa office.

Reactions: sk000

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
Ah that's a relief to know that I will still at least be able to stay until my application is complete. I really hope the work permit does get processed before that though. I don't want to have to quit my job :(

have you able to link your owp application?
I haven't been able to link my OWP either. I have heard that its not unusual to have to wait a few months before its able to link.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
No not yet. I've tried. But I haven't received any information about my OWP
so sorry to hear im in a work permit too (caregiver) dont understand why does a IEC does not qualify for a owp under inland if it is still valid the moment they received your application, instead need to wait for a AIP .. in there website says if you a valid visitor or wp you can apply a owp.. anyway hope you get AIP soon..

Reactions: loubegga

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Hi, I have been reading this forum for a while but haven't posted before. Was anyone here on International Experience Canada before applying for PR? I am confused because I have seen a few people say that IEC applicants are not on implied status while their PR is being processed if their work permit expires? I also realise that I cant extend my IEC work permit, but can I apply for a new work permit and if so, which boxes should I tick when I submit the work permit application? My work permit doesn't expire until April 2018 but I don't expect to have a decision made on my common law PR application until August
I was on IEC before applying. My work visa was due to expire in June 2017, we lodged our PR application and Open Work Permit in January 2017 and our PR application was officially received in Feb 2017. I received a fresh work permit with the same conditions as my IEC work permit in April 2017 which expires in April 2019. I guess everyone is different, but this is what happened with me. I could also not extend my original work permit due to being at the maximum age

Last edited:
Reactions: loubegga and mjs330

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
I was on IEC before applying. My work visa was due to expire in June 2017, we lodged our PR application and Open Work Permit in January 2017 and our PR application was officially received in Feb 2017. I received a fresh work permit with the same conditions as my IEC work permit in April 2017 which expires in April 2019. I guess everyone is different, but this is what happened with me. I could also not extend my original work permit due to being at the maximum age
Can I asked what you ticked when you applied for your OWP? Did you tick extend current work permit? Or apply for initial work permit? Im confused since it is the same form to fill out for both, im just not sure what to tick

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Can I asked what you ticked when you applied for your OWP? Did you tick extend current work permit? Or apply for initial work permit? Im confused since it is the same form to fill out for both, im just not sure what to tick
Apply for initial Work permit. Please also make sure you pay $255 (100 + 155) or they will most likely return your OWP app.

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
We did our preparation and submission through an immigration consultant/lawyer, and I believe she told us to apply for initial work permit, not 100% certain on that though. But again, everyone is different