AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Just received the landing interview email today, it came directly with no Sponsor Approval, no AIP, no Decision Made. Still no updates in Mycic account since Medical done. So it is roughly one year.
Congrats I think they all have issues with the ECAS and my cic account
Congratulations! It is so good when we see this kind of wave, it fill us with hope.

Is that possible for you guys to share the email address that CIC uses for this message? Also the body of the email? So we know what to expect.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
is it normal if I just linked my application on MyGIC and it says Your action is required, while without any message or instruction provided?
It is a well know glitch, you should call them and ask which documents are required. It is usually Schedule A and Police check.

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/spousal-sponsorship-delays-government-errors-1.4490907

I have been a victim of this. Received an email last Friday asking for Schedule A, which I submitted with my application back in Feb 2017 (app received Feb 28 2017). The last i have heard was in July 2017 when i did the medical which i passed. When I contacted CIC by phone to ask why i have been asked again for Sch A, the agent said according to them they sent me a message on March 21 2017 (the same day my account was linked) asking for police checks and background check. I have never received this message or any email relating to this, and it's taken almost a year for them to ask me again. The agent told me to screenshot my MYCIC account showing the messages i have received and to send it to the report a problem section. This is so frustrating as i have been waiting so long to hear an update, and on their end it shows they sent a message but it never came through, and from what i have read on here i'm not the only person it has happened to.

after reading the above article which came out today, i'm not surprised. Please if you have not heard anything for a while and it seems strange, contact CIC by phone and ask. This has just added to my stress and anxiety. They have problems with their messages getting through

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys, my OWP Application was received by CIC on October 25 and today on January 17 I got Approval ! Thought I would share this timeline as many people were asking about it.

VISA TYPE:

Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR

VALIDITY

2020/01/16

DOCUMENT

#UXXXXXXXXX

Good luck everyone!!
Congrats! Thats crazy fast! I am an October 5th applicant and still havent heard anything. I am starting to think that people who send upfront their SA and PCC get the work permit faster than the ones (like me) who wait for them to request it and then upload the documents. Just a theory.

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Congrats! Thats crazy fast! I am an October 5th applicant and still havent heard anything. I am starting to think that people who send upfront their SA and PCC get the work permit faster than the ones (like me) who wait for them to request it and then upload the documents. Just a theory.
he is applying OWP extention. not a new OWP. different scenario.

hatem1981

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
hello everyone

I landed 3 weeks ago, havent found work yet and still waiting for my PR card.

How soon can I start to sponsor my wife and kids ??

Appreciate your help guys. many thanks

hi guys, any quick response please :) :) :)

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Reactions: hatem1981

brentlin

Jan 27, 2017
Congratulations! It is so good when we see this kind of wave, it fill us with hope.

Is that possible for you guys to share the email address that CIC uses for this message? Also the body of the email? So we know what to expect.
The email address they use is "WST-LandingEnquiries@cic.gc.ca". I'm in Vancouver.

There is a pdf file attached, and the body of the pdf is basically:

Dear My name:

We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for: XXXX/XX/XX XXAM/PM

Please present this letter upon your arrival at: An address.

Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview, please e-mail us at:
WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or call the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100
Please note:
 Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you,
and brings government issued ID documents with photos establishing their identity.
 If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for
hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the
amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so
prior to your interview.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your
PR card: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Please bring the following original documents to your interview:
 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing
your identity.
 Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel
documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to
the appointment date.

 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed
for permanent residence inside Canada.
Please show the photographer the document found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
 Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC
These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please make sure to print and bring the receipt and not the "payment confirmation form"
page.
Please note:
If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan &
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca your updates and document(s) immediately.
Please also bring the original documents along to your interview.

 Marital status
Include copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate etc.
 Passport
Include copy of the biographical details page
 Contact information
Include a copy of your photo government ID with your current address
Regards,
Permanent Resident Processing Unit
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Vancouver

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
It's 5353 dundad street west and it's Jan 25

Aiesline

Sep 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
AOR Received.
29-06-2018
HI Guys, I've read about a lot of you struggling with your FBI background check. I thought I'd mention a company I found in Toronto that does expedited background checks for US citizens. It's not cheap but you get results back in 2-3 days. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a link so I won't. Feel free to DM me if you want one though.

Reactions: SunnyK17

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hello everyone. This is a little bit off topic (sorry) but I was wondering if you have any websites or referrals for work? I recently received my work permit and now actively looking for a job. Been to indeed and other job sites and thought I could also get some help from here. I am based in Calgary and have an accounting background. Thanks guys and much appreciated!