+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
LaSalle. how about you? Do you know if after getting OWP or after CSQ we can get a normal medical insurance? Or we have to wait till PR?
Oh cool, not too far. I am in Griffentown. Have you learned any French? Im trying to find an affordable place but havent had much luck.

From what I have read I believe you only get your medical insurance after you receive your PR and then have to wait three months after that I think.

Reactions: SunnyK17

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Hello all, I need your help, I hope someone has a similar case.

I applied for PR/OWP extension on Sept 19. AOR arrived Nov 20, also they requested background check which I submitted.
Today I received an email saying my OWP extension was approved. The problem is that I submitted it using my previous passport, which expires April 23, 2018 (hoping that the new one would arrive during these 4 months so I could update this info and the OWP extension would have the new expiry date). Long story short, my new passport will arrive this week, which means I need to apply for the OWP again since my Sept application is finished.

But my question is, how to do that? Because I need to re-submit all the forms etc online, but it's not linked to the PR anymore. Please if someone c

thanks
My guess is that when you receive your new passport, you may need to apply for an extension online attaching the AOR, old permit just issued, if required with extension fees only. Use the GCKey account, use apply for work permit and follow prompts. Once you do so, there's no need to link it unless you choose to use paper application. Good luck.

Reactions: vaneizaguirre

Ansarbegg

Jan 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am a 2017 applicant

App Recd - Dec 29, 2016
AOR Recd - January 7, 2017
Sch A & PCC Sent - February, 2017
AIP - July, 2017
OWP Recd in Mail - August 2017 (OWP Application was submitted after the PR Application)
Med's Done - Nov 1/2, 2017
Med's Passed- Nov 15, 2017

It has now been more than 12 months and we have not received any correspondence since we passed the medical.
We have been in Canada for 15 months uninterrupted and will be attending a wedding in March, however we do not want to have the application affected.

is anyone else still waiting passed 12 months we were advised?

Reactions: polar25 and abcdmud

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Thanks so much!
What documents did you include?
I was thinking of attaching a letter from my embassy explaining that it took until this week to get the new passport, and also a letter from me explaining what happened. Did you have include a new statutory declaration of common law again??
I am married, and not common law, so I had to include my marriage certificate. I didn't include any letter, they will see based on the OWP that it was only issued for 8 months and not 2 years like usual.. I hope..

It is almost same package as you had previously sent. You will have to make sure you are using the most current forms.
here is the link to cic to extend the OWP https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html
Also make sure to update any info if job or addresses have changed, including passport numbers.

I had seen on this forum or the 2016 one that someone had applied online. I wish I applied online since the processing time is faster than paper applications (105 days paper vs. 40 days online).

Reactions: vaneizaguirre

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
congra! when did you link the OWP app in your online account? please advise.
Still have the problem here. I tried again today and still couldn't link my OWP to my account. I wonder if it is because I selected "A work permit with the same employer" in my application form 5710E, page 1. I did specify that I'm applying for an "open work permit" on page 3 of that form but since I've already been working with my current employer under post-graduate work permit and the offer will be extended, so I consulted an immigration consultant and was suggested to select "A work permit with the same employer" instead of "An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer". Is that a big mistake? I'm worried that my application might be returned because of this...if so, will it take a very long time? I don't know if I would have time to resubmit an OWP application then before my current post-graduate work permit expires.

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Still have the problem here. I tried again today and still couldn't link my OWP to my account. I wonder if it is because I selected "A work permit with the same employer" in my application form 5710E, page 1. I did specify that I'm applying for an "open work permit" on page 3 of that form but since I've already been working with my current employer under post-graduate work permit and the offer will be extended, so I consulted an immigration consultant and was suggested to select "A work permit with the same employer" instead of "An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer". Is that a big mistake? I'm worried that my application might be returned because of this...if so, will it take a very long time? I don't know if I would have time to resubmit an OWP application then before my current post-graduate work permit expires.
I could not link OWP neither today! You are not the only one

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Maybe this isnt the right place, but curious about how things will work from here:

My USA wife submitted PR with OWP application, received on January 3.

She is a pharmacist - in order to get the open work permit, will they need PCC and medical before they issue the OWP? Or does it come after?

MyPrBcNihar

Jun 5, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vancouver
HI,

I live in canada and my PR application is inprocess, i recently went to india and got married and trying to link my wife's PR application to my online application.
figured it out that, need to fill the forms IMM 5669 and IMM 0008. I got blocked on the first step itself while filling IMM 5669.
who has to fill the form IMM 5669? me(principal applicant, already submitted mine while i filed for PR) or my wife(spouse).

Please let me know.
Thank you

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

I live in canada and my PR application is inprocess, i recently went to india and got married and trying to link my wife's PR application to my online application.
figured it out that, need to fill the forms IMM 5669 and IMM 0008. I got blocked on the first step itself while filling IMM 5669.
who has to fill the form IMM 5669? me(principal applicant, already submitted mine while i filed for PR) or my wife(spouse).

Please let me know.
Thank you
is your application being processed under Express Entry ?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
what is your timeline?

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Maybe this isnt the right place, but curious about how things will work from here:

My USA wife submitted PR with OWP application, received on January 3.

She is a pharmacist - in order to get the open work permit, will they need PCC and medical before they issue the OWP? Or does it come after?
The police certificates will be asked from her before she receives her OWP but isn't necessary for the OWP since they use it for your PR application. Both police certificates and medical aren't needed for the open work permit.

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
This make me sad... I was hoping to see my family on Carnival in February (I'm from Brazil) but I'm a March applicant... It looks like they will use the 12 months of the deadline! Good luck to you and please keep us update about your timeline!!
seems like it.. :(
I just paid my fee and let them know I did my RCMP finger already at IRCC ..
so stress .. almost a year already for me

Reactions: Priscila Sanches

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
what is your timeline?
Thanks for your reply. I submitted my PR and OWP application together and they received it on Nov. 14th and I got my first AOR on Jan. 5th.