FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Hi everyone!
Finally got AOR and so happy and relieved!

App received : Nov 2, 2017
AOR in email : Dec 29, 2017

Hope the other get theirs soon! Happy weekend!!!!

stewart2412

Jul 10, 2017
Anyone have an example of how long it took to do the background check after medical was passed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Medical passed:Nov 30th
Patiently waiting

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
So I know this should be an obvious answer but why does the open work permit application say it was received October 9th? Our package wasn’t received until October 16th via Canada post and our AOR was December 19. As the CIC processing times for work permit applications according to the website is 6 weeks down from 11 weeks a month ago.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
I haven't received anything from CIC after sending my schedule A + police certificate (from Canada only, as I've lived here exclusively since way before I was 18) in October. They haven't asked for medical exams yet. Is that normal? I thought they would request medicals ~4 months after they received my app, which was July 31.

I also got the "Your Action Is Required" glitch (even though there's nothing I can upload)

This is what I currently see:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Bolded the medical exam part, because I think it used to say "You do not need a medical exam. If this changes, we will let you know." So are they going to request it soon? Does anyone know what the timeline will be for my next steps?

edit: if anyone is a late July applicant like me, let me know!

UKCanada

Nov 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are currently waiting for OWP approval/PR - we are September applicants. My partner's 6 month visitor status will expire on February 1st. It is my understanding that we need to apply to extend his stay as a decision has not yet been made on his OWP (should be mid-January based on other's timelines).

For anyone who has had to do this - Once you did apply to extend your visitor status, how long did it take to be approved?

It is also my understanding that once OWP is granted this allows him to stay and work Canada for the duration of the OWP? Or does he still need to apply to extend his visitor status?

Thanks in advance for your help!

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I haven't received anything from CIC after sending my schedule A + police certificate (from Canada only, as I've lived here exclusively since way before I was 18) in October. They haven't asked for medical exams yet. Is that normal? I thought they would request medicals ~4 months after they received my app, which was July 31.

I also got the "Your Action Is Required" glitch (even though there's nothing I can upload)

This is what I currently see:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Bolded the medical exam part, because I think it used to say "You do not need a medical exam. If this changes, we will let you know." So are they going to request it soon? Does anyone know what the timeline will be for my next steps?

edit: if anyone is a late July applicant like me, let me know!
I haven’t seen anyone from june/july getting medical request yet!

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
So I know this should be an obvious answer but why does the open work permit application say it was received October 9th? Our package wasn’t received until October 16th via Canada post and our AOR was December 19. As the CIC processing times for work permit applications according to the website is 6 weeks down from 11 weeks a month ago.
This is normal, for whatever reason CPC-Vegreville backdates when the application was received by 1 week. It must be part of their workflow

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are currently waiting for OWP approval/PR - we are September applicants. My partner's 6 month visitor status will expire on February 1st. It is my understanding that we need to apply to extend his stay as a decision has not yet been made on his OWP (should be mid-January based on other's timelines).

For anyone who has had to do this - Once you did apply to extend your visitor status, how long did it take to be approved?

It is also my understanding that once OWP is granted this allows him to stay and work Canada for the duration of the OWP? Or does he still need to apply to extend his visitor status?

Hi - no you don't need to apply for a TRV once you have the OWP. It grants you status in Canada for the duration of the work permit. if you don't have the work permit by like January 20th 2018 you might want to consider extending the visitor status because if the OWP is returned for any reason he will be out of status. it says 30 days before but as long as CIC has the application before status expires you will be fine .

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

Hi there! He should be able to stay and work once he gets his OWP. From what I see here in the forum, there are already October applicants getting their OWP so your husband's should come shortly as well. So its really up to you if you'd like to extend it or not. Not quite sure how long it takes but I think I read before that its approximately 30 days to process.

If however, he would like to travel outside of the country in the future, he should have a valid visitor's visa AND work permit to be able to re-enter Canada. That's the only time that he would need to have a valid travel visa.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Yes true. I am having hesitation of restoring my status as I have read in cic that it takes time before decision is made. I was researching on how long it took for some other people and it greatly varies from 3-5months.

Reactions: Mchb0215

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
App submitted: May 18, 2017
AOR: June 14, 2017
Schedule A&PCC submitted: June 15, 2017
Meds requested: November 24, 2017
Meds completed: December 1, 2017
Passed: December 13, 2017
That's awesome!!! Congratulations! Such a big gift for Christmas and New Year for both of you!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Alo!

Is there anyone who now lives in Quebec city? I cannot speak French yet, so I feel lost in this city :( If I can have coffee or breakfast with one of you here, it will be great! We can encourage each other for our situations (I mean application's timelines), or complain for the situations, or simply talk for fun!!!

Leave me your contact, I will contact you right away!!!