Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Is it the AOR asked to link the application to online account? What is the content of the AOR? Thanks.

Yes it is the aor asking you to link your application online. It contains your UCI number and application number which you could later use to link your application.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi everyone. I recieved my work permit application back today due to the luck of payment. My status expired last October 31. I am planning to send the same owp application I recieved back from cic with the additional payment hoewever some documents aren’t there such as the copy of passport and all the passport stamp, marriage certificate, photocopy of permit etc. Should I send it again with the app?!Anyone in similar situation?!
you're out of status - you need to apply to restore your status before you can re-apply for work permit. If you don't you wont get the OWP until you're basically done (AIP)

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
wonder why your OWP will be returned? ours was received october 31st , AOR december 19. then two days after we we’re able to link the OWP application. when was the form updated?
As we originally filled it all out in august, had our PR app returned in October. When I called they said I could upload the new OWP app online which I did yesterday to avoid delays if any. The agent said it most likely would be returned so we decided to just get ahead of the game!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
As we originally filled it all out in august, had our PR app returned in October. When I called they said I could upload the new OWP app online which I did yesterday to avoid delays if any. The agent said it most likely would be returned so we decided to just get ahead of the game!
i wonder if they will really return it? because you were already able to link it- meaning they have accepted it. if they plan to return it i think you shouldn’t be able to link it.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
i wonder if they will really return it? because you were already able to link it- meaning they have accepted it. if they plan to return it i think you shouldn’t be able to link it.
That's what I think as well. They usually give you a grace period to fill out the new forms. if you resubmitted in October with the old form and the new form wasn't updated until October and you were able to link (the OWP) then I would think you're good.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
That's what I think as well. They usually give you a grace period to fill out the new forms. if you resubmitted in October with the old form and the new form wasn't updated until October and you were able to link (the OWP) then I would think you're good.
plus, his application was received october 16th i think. one applicant whose application was received october 30 got her OWP application returned yesterday. if they’ll return his then he should have received it couple of weeks ago.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
you're out of status - you need to apply to restore your status before you can re-apply for work permit. If you don't you wont get the OWP until you're basically done (AIP)
I agree and you have one month to restore it or else there is no need to send it when out of status as you will get PR pretty much at the same time as the permit which will be cancelled on landing. The logic is when you get AIP and then send the application and wait 4 months for it, what is the point when its likely your application will be decided within a year?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I agree and you have one month to restore it or else there is no need to send it when out of status as you will get PR pretty much at the same time as the permit which will be cancelled on landing. The logic is when you get AIP and then send the application and wait 4 months for it, what is the point when its likely your application will be decided within a year?
this is correct but you have 90 days to restore your status not 30

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hello everyone! Some update to help you gauge where your OWP might be right now. I just received my OWP approval via email this morning dated Dec 28. My application was resubmitted on Oct 4 at Vegraville as it was actually rejected the first time due to insufficient fee.
A very nice post-Christmas present

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hello everyone! Some update to help you gauge where your OWP might be right now. I just received my OWP approval via email this morning dated Dec 28. My application was resubmitted on Oct 4 at Vegraville as it was actually rejected the first time due to insufficient fee.
A very nice post-Christmas present
when did you send in your original OWP application?

Reactions: Shannonbella