+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
I just received my CSQ. It says that they transmit the acceptance directly to the IRCC office handling the case. Do I need to upload the CSQ anywhere or is it all set?
when did you get the email to apply for your CSQ?
I received my AOR on December 19th and am wondering when I will need to send in my Quebec application.

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
Question about schedule A and police certificate.

I uploaded my schedule A and see that it says the "Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC" and was curious if I needed to go to the next page and sign and answer the security question in order to fully submit the Schedule A?

Also, I haven't sent out my request for police certificate since its been the holidays and places aren't open to get my fingerprints done, but can I submit the schedule A and then the police certificate in a few weeks or should I submit them together?

Thanks in advance

Doomitch

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-11-2017
Hi guys.

My application to sponsor my spouse has been delivered to CIC the 29th of November, and I wait for AOR.

This Night I received an email from CIC saying my eTA is canceled because I’m PR. ( I had this eTA since April 2016, when I landed after my PR process)

Do you think this cancellation is just a chance ? Or it could mean they have begun to work on my application ?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Can someone please help me? I am sponsoring my husband for PR and his OWP is currently processing. I’m wondering if he’s allowed to leave Canada for a few hours to go over the border to the U.S? His TRV expired Dec 16, 2017 so he’s on implied status due to his OWP processing

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Can someone please help me? I am sponsoring my husband for PR and his OWP is currently processing. I’m wondering if he’s allowed to leave Canada for a few hours to go over the border to the U.S? His TRV expired Dec 16, 2017 so he’s on implied status due to his OWP processing
is he from a VISA exempt country? If so he could be let in. However, I don't suggest leaving. Implied status does not grant you entry into the country and if they don't let him back then the application is abandoned ...

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Hello All

Just wanted to share some info.

CIC received our application October 16, 2017
AOR for Principal Applicant received December 19, 2017
AOR for sponsor received December 21, 2017

Schedule A submitted with proof of payment for Australian police Cert (due to office closure in australia will not arrive in time) sent also out dated Australian Police Cert. December 27, 2017

Going to submit updated OWP application as ours is going to be returned due to a new form. I spoke to CIC was told to use application number and attached a new OWP package to a web form ASAP to avoid delays.

I know several people are having troubles so I want to keep everyone updated on our progress with these things that are not normal procedure!

Wish us luck

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Guys, I got a landing interview in Montreal in 3 hours :( what questions should I expect ? And how long does it take ?
expect questions like “do you have any criminal record?” ,”do you have any dependents included in your application?” lol. don’t worry. consider it done. it’s not an interview that will make you fail. it’s basically just appearing to the cic office and sign your confirmation of permanent residence then they will tell you congratulations, you are now a PR and you can apply for citizenship after 4 yrs.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
expect questions like “do you have any criminal record?” ,”do you have any dependents included in your application?” lol. don’t worry. consider it done. it’s not an interview that will make you fail. it’s basically just appearing to the cic office and sign your confirmation of permanent residence then they will tell you congratulations, you are now a PR and you can apply for citizenship after 4 yrs.
Hahaha seriously? Thank you so much, my wife could not come with me :( it was a 1 week notice And could not take a day off from work, all other employees are on south trips ....man I am so nervous

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
don’t take the risk. his visa is expired. i don’t think CBSA officer will let him reenter without a valid work permit. you can’t just tell them i’m on implied status or my OWP is in process. i don’t think they will consider showing your AOR either. so just don’t take the risk.

Reactions: HomeAgain17

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hahaha seriously? Thank you so much, my wife could not come with me :( it was a 1 week notice And could not take a day off from work, all other employees are on south trips ....man I am so nervous
relax bro. i won’t even call it an interview. they won’t ask you lots of questions. only those basic info related to your application. congratulations

Reactions: fazlook

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
don’t take the risk. his visa is expired. i don’t think CBSA officer will let him reenter without a valid work permit. you can’t just tell them i’m on implied status or my OWP is in process. i don’t think they will consider showing your AOR either. so just don’t take the risk.
I agree, was just hoping there was some chance it would be ok... but we definitely won’t take the risk. Thanks for your anwer

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I agree, was just hoping there was some chance it would be ok... but we definitely won’t take the risk. Thanks for your anwer
you’re welcome. even when they issue you your confirmation of permanent residence after a landing interview, the instructions is clear: DON’T TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF CANADA (until you get your PR card). so AOR’s or implied status won’t guarantee your reentry.

Reactions: HomeAgain17

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hello All

Schedule A submitted with proof of payment for Australian police Cert (due to office closure in australia will not arrive in time) sent also out dated Australian Police Cert. December 27, 2017

Going to submit updated OWP application as ours is going to be returned due to a new form. I spoke to CIC was told to use application number and attached a new OWP package to a web form ASAP to avoid delays.

I know several people are having troubles so I want to keep everyone updated on our progress with these things that are not normal procedure!

Wish us luck
wonder why your OWP will be returned? ours was received october 31st , AOR december 19. then two days after we we’re able to link the OWP application. when was the form updated?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hello All

Wish us luck
How do you know your application is being returned? did you call? were you able to link it?

Reactions: marvz21