+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

YUCD

Dec 25, 2017
Hi all,

I have a question regarding schedule A submission through MyCIC. My schedule A is due by 25/12/2017 and I uploaded mine onto MyCIC on 25th. There has been no confirmation email and the status doesn't even say "Documents Received" it just says "Documents Provided". Does anyone who had this experience before mind sharing whether yours was considered successfully received before the due date? Was there any confirmation email or change of status on MyCIC?

Thank you!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hi everyone!

Got my application send out on October 31,2017 and they received my package on November 2nd,2017.
And haven’t heard anything since then.
Am I suppose to hear something?
I’m waiting to hear if my spouse can sponsor me, doe anyone have an idea of how long this takes?
We’ve applied for a work visa with my PR application, any idea how long that will take?

Thank you in advance!!
you will receive an (AOR) email confirmation from cic informing you that they received your application. it usually comes 2months after they received your application, provided it is complete. if there is missing document they will send it back to you.
your sponsor will also receive an email the following day after you received your AOR. as long as he/she is eligible to sponsor you based on the eligibility requirements listed in the form they will process the application.
open work permit usually comes 3-4 months after they received your application. it may be longer if you don’t have a valid status when you applied.

Shannonbella

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Hi all,

I have a question regarding schedule A submission through MyCIC. My schedule A is due by 25/12/2017 and I uploaded mine onto MyCIC on 25th. There has been no confirmation email and the status doesn't even say "Documents Received" it just says "Documents Provided". Does anyone who had this experience before mind sharing whether yours was considered successfully received before the due date? Was there any confirmation email or change of status on MyCIC?

Thank you!
There is no confirmation email sent. When I uploaded mine, it took awhile for it to show on my application status table.
“Review of additional documents- The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.” If you click on “View submitted application it will eventually say
in a green, “Replacement Provided
Uploaded Filename: Schedule A online.pdf.” Happy Holidays :)

YUCD

Dec 25, 2017
There is no confirmation email sent. When I uploaded mine, it took awhile for it to show on my application status table.
“Review of additional documents- The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.” If you click on “View submitted application it will eventually say
in a green, “Replacement Provided
Uploaded Filename: Schedule A online.pdf.” Happy Holidays :)
Thanks for your answer, Shannonbella! Much appreciated! Happy holidays :)

Reactions: Shannonbella
Dec 25, 2017
Hi guys, I sent my application in March 10th 2017, I wanted to read all the posts but there is 303 pages lol
I just wanted to know if somebody who applied around the same time had a final answer?! A friend of mine got it approved within 7 months and it made me soooo anxious, but now it’s been almost 10 months and my application still with the same status...

I just want to know how long the processes have been taking so I can calm myself down a little bit!

Thank you everyone and merry Christmas!! ❤

Shannonbella

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Hi guys, I sent my application in March 10th 2017, I wanted to read all the posts but there is 303 pages lol
I just wanted to know if somebody who applied around the same time had a final answer?! A friend of mine got it approved within 7 months and it made me soooo anxious, but now it’s been almost 10 months and my application still with the same status...

I just want to know how long the processes have been taking so I can calm myself down a little bit!

Here is the link for an amazing and helpful timeline spreadsheet I found on this forum. This might help you see applicants timelines that are close to yours. Merry Christmas❤
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA

Andy.ve

Oct 19, 2017
Hi everyone!
I'm sorry if this is not the right place for asking this or if it has been answered before. I'm requested to send my Schedule A and police certificates. I have the one from my country but I'm wondering if I have to get one from Canada since I've been here for 7 months.

Thanks!!

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hi everyone!
I'm sorry if this is not the right place for asking this or if it has been answered before. I'm requested to send my Schedule A and police certificates. I have the one from my country but I'm wondering if I have to get one from Canada since I've been here for 7 months.

Thanks!!
You don’t need to provide any police certificate from Canada.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017

I am March applicant .. still waiting!!

Good Luck!!

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017

Me too, haha. I'm March Applicant: med passed since July, background check is in progress since Oct ..we are all waiting together. Hope we will get response in Jan or Feb !

Reactions: Priscila Sanches

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone. Hope you had a great Christmas!
So, my OWP was returned due to insufficient funds.

OWP returned: 5 December 2017
OWP sent back: 6 December 2017

How long does it take for them to open my package again at Vegreville?
After that how long before I get my OWP?
I havent been able to link my OWP. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

March 10th applicant, still waiting since medicals were done in summer 2017.

Reactions: abcdmud

EK_D

Dec 12, 2017
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, still trying to figure out things...
We applied around May 2017 and last time I heard from IRCC was months ago... Anyone who applied in May? Any updates? Have you already done your medical exam?

I apologize for the number of questions. :)

Thanks!
I'm May applicant. Background check in process. No medical request yet. so frustrated.

Reactions: Priscila Sanches