+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
I'm in similar situation, received Feb 2017, same status. Medical was done/passed in July. Have you been asked for police check? As I have not... No updates since July
hi,
OMG, we are in the same boat. I advise you IMMEDIATELY send your schedule A and PCC . I',m March applicant, i passed my medical exam in July as well, I NEVER received a request for PCC or schedule A until October..then i decided to send all to CIC without their request, and now they are checking my background check... I do not know the way how CIC work but it's really weird :(

Reactions: stke4130

Mt80

Oct 25, 2017
Any updates on AOR? October 2017 inland applicant here.
The most recent ones are applications received on September 20th. But it seems that an app received on Sept 12th got AOR yesterday so we are behind. So slow. I'm an October applicant as well.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
hi,
OMG, we are in the same boat. I advise you IMMEDIATELY send your schedule A and PCC . I',m March applicant, i passed my medical exam in July as well, I NEVER received a request for PCC or schedule A until October..then i decided to send all to CIC without their request, and now they are checking my background check... I do not know the way how CIC work but it's really weird :(
How could you send it? By mail or uploading files? I got request for PC and Schedule A, but I haven't received any request for Medical exam, so I'm thinking maybe I should do it and send it to CIC without a request from CIC...

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hi everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up. Like many others here on this forum, my inland spousal sponsorship application was showing "action required" but no message indicating what action. We know there was/is a glitch in CIC's system that is giving this issue. However, I decided to message them this week to double-check they weren't trying to send me anything, as my application went in March this year, and I have heard absolutely nothing.

This morning I get an email saying there was a message. When I checked, it was not a 'sorry for the error everything is ok', but a letter dated in mid-April requesting documents no later than late May. Nothing else, just the outdated request. Interestingly the 'message sent' date is for today - and not backdated to April.

My 'Review of additional documents' status also changed this morning to ' We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details'.

If anyone else is still showing this same glitch - "action required" but no message indicating what action - it might be worth contacting CIC
Can you tell us what kind of documents they were requesting? Got the same problem but we called 3 times and they always say nothing is missing...

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
How could you send it? By mail or uploading files? I got request for PC and Schedule A, but I haven't received any request for Medical exam, so I'm thinking maybe I should do it and send it to CIC without a request from CIC...
Hi,
noooo do not send medical stuff without their request . it's completely not the same. Btw, when did not send your application ?

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
so your owp was approved in just less than a month? wow. can you share your case? what’s your status when you applied?
I'm an Australian Citizen (dual Citizen Australian/French) and I live in Toronto. I was on an IEC (Working Holiday Visa) expiring September 21st 2017. I applied for PR & OWP on September 1st and they received it September 5th. On October 30th they sent me my AOR and I submitted both SA and PCC on November 5th. I received yesterday an email telling me my OWP had been approved till 2021 and my ETA extended till 2022 so I can leave and re-enter Canada BY AIR ONLY. Today I received another email showing my ETA number and expiration date, saying:
"In accordance with your Work Permit, you have been approved an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You are now authorized to travel to Canada by air.
When you travel to Canada, you will need to bring the passport you used to apply for your Work Permit as the eTA is electronically linked to it. Should you obtain a new passport, you will need to apply for a new eTA by visiting the following site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp."

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Can you tell us what kind of documents they were requesting? Got the same problem but we called 3 times and they always say nothing is missing...
Same here, called and they said there is nothing needed. Confused about what to do if they told someone they needed more documents...
Last time I called them was regarding my PCC as I was confused whereas they needed a Canadian one or no. The guy said yes even though I later found out I absolutely didn't need one. They obviously don't have all the answers and yet act like they did...

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
hi guys ,

My husband forgot the exact date and month he become a naturalized canadian only remenber the year(2009) and also forgot/ does know his UCI/client # since it was really his parents who did the whole application..
anyone had this issue? how did do it?

thanks

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I'm an Australian Citizen (dual Citizen Australian/French) and I live in Toronto. I was on an IEC (Working Holiday Visa) expiring September 21st 2017. I applied for PR & OWP on September 1st and they received it September 5th. On October 30th they sent me my AOR and I submitted both SA and PCC on November 5th. I received yesterday an email telling me my OWP had been approved till 2021 and my ETA extended till 2022 so I can leave and re-enter Canada BY AIR ONLY. Today I received another email showing my ETA number and expiration date, saying:
"In accordance with your Work Permit, you have been approved an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You are now authorized to travel to Canada by air.
When you travel to Canada, you will need to bring the passport you used to apply for your Work Permit as the eTA is electronically linked to it. Should you obtain a new passport, you will need to apply for a new eTA by visiting the following site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp."
congrats. that was quick. i hope my wife’s owp will also be approved in less than a month too. lol. she’s on a work permit expiring february 2018. other applicants got their owp average 4 months. thanks for sharing.

Reactions: naturalG

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
oh sorry, i mean when did you send your application ?
My application history is:
Sent application (PR + OWP)................................... August 17th 2017
Applicant received the 1st email (App # + UCI)...... October 4th 2017
Applicant received the 1st request for PC + SA..... October 4th 2017
(on MyCIC)
Sponsor received the 1st AOR................................. October 5th 2017
Sponsor received CSQ request................................ October 13th 2017
Uploaded PC + SA ..................................................... November 1st 2017
Uploaded CSQ............................................................. November 16th 2017

alineeximenes

Nov 4, 2017
Hi Everyone! My application was received on may and I still didn’t get a medical request. Is that normal?

That’s my timeline-
May 19- Application received
June 17 - AOR
June 27 - Requested Schedule A and Police certificate

On my Online account says they are processing my background.

Thanks in advance!