+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I submitted both applications (PR + OWP) at the same time on September 1st and they received it on September 5th with my AOR on October 30th
so your owp was approved in just less than a month? wow. can you share your case? what’s your status when you applied?

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Put 1 in the Quantity Box for Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155)
Put 1 in the Quantity Box for Open work permit holder ($100)
And lastly, if you are restoring status, put 1 in the Quantity Box for Restore your status as a worker ($200)
NOTE:
For folks who are renewing or extending, you just need to pay the $155. You can pay the OWP Holder fee as well, and it will just be returned to you. Better safe than sorry!

Pay online, print out the receipt and include that in your OWP package.

Send your application in: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E7
Current Address (EXTENSIONS ONLY!):
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

HTH!
I do realize that I have asked multiple questions about my extending my OWP.

1. As per above I should pay $255, and have them reimburse the $100 just to avoid delays?
2. The CIC website (link above) states to address the envelope with "OPEN WORK PERMIT EXTENSIONS", is this above or below the address?

Sorry it may seem like stupid questions, but this entire process is slowly eating me away. I am tired of waiting, but Its only been 9 months (I am a Feb 2017 applicant). I keep asking my hubby to check his emails including the junk folder.

Thanks for all the help in this process! Wouldn't have been able to do it without you all!

Anand P

Sep 15, 2017
Hi everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up. Like many others here on this forum, my inland spousal sponsorship application was showing "action required" but no message indicating what action. We know there was/is a glitch in CIC's system that is giving this issue. However, I decided to message them this week to double-check they weren't trying to send me anything, as my application went in March this year, and I have heard absolutely nothing.

This morning I get an email saying there was a message. When I checked, it was not a 'sorry for the error everything is ok', but a letter dated in mid-April requesting documents no later than late May. Nothing else, just the outdated request. Interestingly the 'message sent' date is for today - and not backdated to April.

My 'Review of additional documents' status also changed this morning to ' We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details'.

If anyone else is still showing this same glitch - "action required" but no message indicating what action - it might be worth contacting CIC
This is something very informative.. i will try to contact cic, since i have this same message showing up. I recently linked my application online and submitted Schedule A and PCC. yet receive this message and i was wondering. Thanks so much!!

Reactions: CupofTea

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I do realize that I have asked multiple questions about my extending my OWP.

1. As per above I should pay $255, and have them reimburse the $100 just to avoid delays?
2. The CIC website (link above) states to address the envelope with "OPEN WORK PERMIT EXTENSIONS", is this above or below the address?

Sorry it may seem like stupid questions, but this entire process is slowly eating me away. I am tired of waiting, but Its only been 9 months (I am a Feb 2017 applicant). I keep asking my hubby to check his emails including the junk folder.

Thanks for all the help in this process! Wouldn't have been able to do it without you all!
When you say "extend", did they not issue a 2-year OWP? When did you apply?

If you've already paid the OWP Holder fee, they don't require it again. But, to be sure, you can overpay, if you wish.

Yes, send it to the Extensions address. If you have questions, check the link in my signature.

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
Hi everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up. Like many others here on this forum, my inland spousal sponsorship application was showing "action required" but no message indicating what action. We know there was/is a glitch in CIC's system that is giving this issue. However, I decided to message them this week to double-check they weren't trying to send me anything, as my application went in March this year, and I have heard absolutely nothing.

This morning I get an email saying there was a message. When I checked, it was not a 'sorry for the error everything is ok', but a letter dated in mid-April requesting documents no later than late May. Nothing else, just the outdated request. Interestingly the 'message sent' date is for today - and not backdated to April.

My 'Review of additional documents' status also changed this morning to ' We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details'.

If anyone else is still showing this same glitch - "action required" but no message indicating what action - it might be worth contacting CIC
We have the same message but called earlier this summer and they said not to worry...how did you message them? Through the technical issues option?

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
When you say "extend", did they not issue a 2-year OWP? When did you apply?

If you've already paid the OWP Holder fee, they don't require it again. But, to be sure, you can overpay, if you wish.

Yes, send it to the Extensions address. If you have questions, check the link in my signature.
My old passport was set to expire Jan 2018, but I could only apply for passport renewal in Feb 2017. It took 3 months to get my passport renewal to get done and I had to submit paperwork by then to avoid losing status. Timing was perfect on my application.

My OWP is valid till end of Jan 2018. so I only got an OWP for 8 months due to my old passport. I even sent them my new passport but they refused to update the OWP. I would have waited if the passport renewal didn't take so long.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I submitted both applications (PR + OWP) at the same time on September 1st and they received it on September 5th with my AOR on October 30th
I applied PR + OWP at the same time on August 17th. 1st AOR on October on 5th. The status of OWP shows on MyCIC that it is submitted on October 6th. I haven't heard any thing from then. Did they change the status on your MyCIC from Submitted to Reviewing before you passed it?

(Sorry for some guys whom I told that I received the 1st AOR after 8 or 9 weeks since the 1st email from CIC. In fact, my husband who is also my sponsor checked his email after 8 or 9 weeks since I got the 1st email from CIC, so in my mind I thought like my husband received it 8 or 9 weeks later).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My old passport was set to expire Jan 2018, but I could only apply for passport renewal in Feb 2017. It took 3 months to get my passport renewal to get done and I had to submit paperwork by then to avoid losing status. Timing was perfect on my application.

My OWP is valid till end of Jan 2018. so I only got an OWP for 8 months due to my old passport. I even sent them my new passport but they refused to update the OWP. I would have waited if the passport renewal didn't take so long.
I figured that was the case. Yeah I would just follow the instructions in my signature -- send to the extensions postal address.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
We have the same message but called earlier this summer and they said not to worry...how did you message them? Through the technical issues option?
Can you please tell me how to call them, I mean after Toll free number, which extension # should I enter? I called them 20 times but never could catch any one. There was some recorded voice like "wait, we will connect you with the staff or st", after that, they ended up the calls!!!

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
Can you please tell me how to call them, I mean after Toll free number, which extension # should I enter? I called them 20 times but never could catch any one. There was some recorded voice like "wait, we will connect you with the staff or st", after that, they ended up the calls!!!
1-888-242-2100 then press 2 then 1 then 0.
Good Luck.

Reactions: Trinh

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
I figured that was the case. Yeah I would just follow the instructions in my signature -- send to the extensions postal address.
@profiler, I have one last question.

Someone had mentioned on the forum that the OWP program will be removed by the end of the year. Do you think I should apply right now, or wait till 30 days before expiry?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler, I have one last question.

Someone had mentioned on the forum that the OWP program will be removed by the end of the year. Do you think I should apply right now, or wait till 30 days before expiry?
Who said that? The chances they won't renew the program is almost zero. It's a cash-cow for CIC. So I would apply when you're ready to apply. Try not to slip out of status (if they receive the application; in their mailroom; the day before your present permit expires, then you can keep working).

Reactions: Mt80 and marvz21