+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Your OWP has been approved after... 1 month!!! You are so lucky! Congratulations!

You sent the Medical exam without waiting for a request from CIC? I'm thinking maybe I should do it too then. I read some cases did it like that, and their applications run much faster!
OWP at that time was processed much faster, I think they are slowing down now or this might be case specific. We mentioned that my wife is on maternity leave and would like to transfer her job to Toronto for the same employer. I guess that would be case specific for us? Not sure why 1 month would be considered any faster, since in July it used to be 4-6 weeks.

We had the medical test done, since the earlier version of the application package asked for it. But we couldn't send the documents till June and had to use the new application package. I believe the new application does ask if you have the medical done already then you can attach it.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hi!

I saw your thread and am wondering if any of you can help me

My husband and I have applied for an inland Spouse Sponsorship in September. Today, we received an email with the UCI & Application Number. We have just tried to link my application via GCKey, but it keeps saying that they cannot find my application.

Also, does this email mean that he has an implied status in Canada now?

Thank you!!
Try to link this way :

Use UCI and surname
Leave passport info blank
For # of applicants, use two if you are sponsoring your spouse only and no dependent children, ( # of applicants = sponsor + principal applicants + number of dependent children). I think this might be problem you are facing.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
work permit status changed this morning to we are reviewing your eligibility requirements.... so hopefully today or in the next few days it will be approved :)

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Since I landed to Canada, I already bought a health insurance package.

For health insurance card, I'm not sure, I'm figuring it out as I applied from Quebec so after I got CSQ, I can apply for health insurance card, the Guide on CIC said it clearly so hopefully!
If you are talking about the Québec immigration guide, the information is wrong on it. The RAMQ agent told me they have notify the ministry but they haven't made the change yet. Still, immigration has no power on health insurance law...

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
OWP at that time was processed much faster, I think they are slowing down now or this might be case specific. We mentioned that my wife is on maternity leave and would like to transfer her job to Toronto for the same employer. I guess that would be case specific for us? Not sure why 1 month would be considered any faster, since in July it used to be 4-6 weeks.

We had the medical test done, since the earlier version of the application package asked for it. But we couldn't send the documents till June and had to use the new application package. I believe the new application does ask if you have the medical done already then you can attach it.
I'm not sure if I need to do it or not as my status as below:
Review of medical results: If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.

I read on this topic that there is at least one girl did not need to apply for Police certificate as CIC did not ask her, and she already got PR. So I hope they won't ask me Medical exam, or if they do, please ask us soon!!!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
If you are talking about the Québec immigration guide, the information is wrong on it. The RAMQ agent told me they have notify the ministry but they haven't made the change yet. Still, immigration has no power on health insurance law...
What? Really? Oh my, I will try to call them to see if there is any positive news then. I mean like RAMQ agrees for us to get Health insurance card before we get PR...

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Here we go, you will find my comment on the instruction from another member:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/steps-to-link-your-sowp-paper-application-to-cic-online.431263/page-5#post-6411087

Good luck! I do believe that it will work this time!
Hi! Thanks a lot for your help.
Last night I was able to link both applications, the PR and the OWP. for PR I used application number and last name, and for OWP I used UCI number and last name.

Reactions: Trinh

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
What? Really? Oh my, I will try to call them to see if there is any positive news then. I mean like RAMQ agrees for us to get Health insurance card before we get PR...
As mentionned by @Nadaa and myself, you can get health coverage before PR in two situations:
1) If you have your owp and are working full-time (more than 30 hours/week)
2) If you received your AIP letter + CSQ

CSQ alone does not give you right for coverage. But you can definitely call them and they will be able to explain it to you in a more detailed way...

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
As mentionned by @Nadaa and myself, you can get health coverage before PR in two situations:
1) If you have your owp and are working full-time (more than 30 hours/week)
2) If you received your AIP letter + CSQ

CSQ alone does not give you right for coverage. But you can definitely call them and they will be able to explain it to you in a more detailed way...
Hic, Nadaa did not receive AIP but she got MD. I'm not sure if I will receive AIP or not. If yes, I will receive it after I send a medical exam to CIC or before? I even haven't received a request from CIC about medical exam yet... Waiting so long...

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
I'm not sure if I need to do it or not as my status as below:
Review of medical results: If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.

I read on this topic that there is at least one girl did not need to apply for Police certificate as CIC did not ask her, and she already got PR. So I hope they won't ask me Medical exam, or if they do, please ask us soon!!!
Every one need to do one. This message is generic and will change when they decide to request yours. The only way to exempt yourself from it is if you already did medical exam to get a visitor, study or work visa and they decide to reuse it...
And yes, you can link your visitor visa extension on MyCiC

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Check the "Application message" section just under the "Application status" section, you should have a message saying "Request letter", click on that thing (the > sign besides it). Not sure about your case, but we all usually get a request letter detailing the police clearance certificate (PCC) and schedule A. Best of luck. And call CIC if you find something a miss in your case.
This is the only message I have on my account so far: Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) - June 28, 2017 11:23:39 a.m. EDT

nothing about "Request letter"

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Every one need to do one. This message is generic and will change when they decide to request yours. The only way to exempt yourself from it is if you already did medical exam to get a visitor, study or work visa and they decide to reuse it...
And yes, you can link your visitor visa extension on MyCiC
... I really don't remember if I did a medical exam when I applied for a Visitor visa, it was last year so... But yes, I hope that if they need one, please request me soon! Tomorrow for example =)))

Can you please tell me how to link Visitor visa extension on MyCIC? I tried all the ways I thought but it could not work!