+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Update on our file

- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand). It was tricky to link application, had to leave passport info blank and use UCI and surname.
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.
- 20th Nov : Background status changed to "We are processing your background check"

My wife did leave the country before she got her OWP, she was outside for about 3 months. We traveled back to Canada along with our child in October and this time she had a one way ticket. The border officer asked for her "PR card", we informed that we've applied for PR/sponsorship and are still in the process and that she has the OWP. The officer requested to see that, and said that we should keep the OWP with the passport to avoid questioning :). She is from a Visa free country and her ETA was update once the OWP was issued.

I guess now its another long wait before we hear anything, the less we hear back the better :)
Were you asked to provide police check (I assume that's what PCC is?) at the same time as medical? I was asked for medical, which I have passed, but as of now have not been asked for police check and this is how my application status reads in mycic account:

Application status
Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help - Final decision

can anyone shed some light? thanks

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone.

So I am currently waiting for my AOR. I should be getting it this week. Since they are working on Sep 19th and they received my package the 20th.

I entered Canada from vancouver about 1 month and a half ago with a Temporary Resident Visa (visitor visa). When I entered Canada the officers DIDNT stamp my passport. How long do i have with this visa before i need to extend it or leave the country? Is it 6 months or 3 months or does it depend on the country?

Reactions: Amsadek4u

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Validity is 6 months. Check below:

How long can I stay in Canada as a visitor?
A border services officer at the port of entry in Canada will determine how long you can stay in Canada. Most visitors are allowed a six-month stay from the day they entered Canada. If the officer authorizes a stay of less than six months, they will indicate in your passport the date by which you must leave Canada.

If you want to stay longer than your authorized stay, you should apply for an extension at least 30 days before the authorized end of your stay.

Hi everyone.

So I am currently waiting for my AOR. I should be getting it this week. Since they are working on Sep 19th and they received my package the 20th.

I entered Canada from vancouver about 1 month and a half ago with a Temporary Resident Visa (visitor visa). When I entered Canada the officers DIDNT stamp my passport. How long do i have with this visa before i need to extend it or leave the country? Is it 6 months or 3 months or does it depend on the country?

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hi everyone.

That’s 6 months validity if you passport is not stamped with date to leave.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hey guys,

just a little bit confused regarding the status of my application:
-Application received September 5th
-Request of SA and Police Checks October 30th
-Submitted SA and police Checks November 5th

Now on my application status it still says "Your action is required", even though there is nothing left for me to do. When i view my submitted application it shows that i submitted my docs (therefore the "required by" case is empty next to my submitted documents) and there is no further steps required to do. I don't have any other message from CIC or anything. I know this has happened to people before and I imagine this means I have nothing to do but you know how it is, better be safe than sorry.

Thanks in advance
I'm on the same boat. I clicked on "Submit" button to upload the files successfully 10 days ago but the status is still "Your action is required". I think it will change since they touch our files then if everything is fine, they will change the status... Hopefully...

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Hi!

I saw your thread and am wondering if any of you can help me

My husband and I have applied for an inland Spouse Sponsorship in September. Today, we received an email with the UCI & Application Number. We have just tried to link my application via GCKey, but it keeps saying that they cannot find my application.

Also, does this email mean that he has an implied status in Canada now?

Thank you!!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Out of status- I mean, your status before applying for Sponsorship application +OWP.

You must have a valid temporary resident.

And going by your date, you have not exceeded the OWP time frame.

If you had a valid temporary resident as at the time you submitted your application for OWP, you should get it anytime soon.

But, if you did not have a valid temporary resident status before submission, you will have to wait until you have your AIP before they can issue your OWP.
My visa status which is Visitor was valid from March to Sept. I applied to extend my Visitor visa on August and I haven't heard anything about it. Meanwhile I received the first AOR from CIC that they are processing my PR application. So I hope that my status visa is still in valid, and that I will get Work permit soon!!!

hulimiaomiao

Oct 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just got a question related to both sponsorship and tax return. I am sponsoring my husband now as a full-time student. He is only one who is working, so we are considering to apply for the Working income tax benefit (WITB) when filing tax.

I know that any social assistance benefits should not be applied during the sponsorship period, but is the WITB regarded as a social assistance?

I searched everywhere but still couldn't find the answer. Any of your help will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks very mcuh.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Update on our file

- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand). It was tricky to link application, had to leave passport info blank and use UCI and surname.
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.
- 20th Nov : Background status changed to "We are processing your background check"

My wife did leave the country before she got her OWP, she was outside for about 3 months. We traveled back to Canada along with our child in October and this time she had a one way ticket. The border officer asked for her "PR card", we informed that we've applied for PR/sponsorship and are still in the process and that she has the OWP. The officer requested to see that, and said that we should keep the OWP with the passport to avoid questioning :). She is from a Visa free country and her ETA was update once the OWP was issued.

I guess now its another long wait before we hear anything, the less we hear back the better :)
Your OWP has been approved after... 1 month!!! You are so lucky! Congratulations!

You sent the Medical exam without waiting for a request from CIC? I'm thinking maybe I should do it too then. I read some cases did it like that, and their applications run much faster!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi!

I saw your thread and am wondering if any of you can help me

My husband and I have applied for an inland Spouse Sponsorship in September. Today, we received an email with the UCI & Application Number. We have just tried to link my application via GCKey, but it keeps saying that they cannot find my application.

Also, does this email mean that he has an implied status in Canada now?

Thank you!!
Hi folks,

Quick question: if I received my AOR this morning, should I be able to link my application online today or do I need to wait a bit?
I don't think I'm making any mistakes entering the information (I am following the instructions someone left here a while ago) but it says they can't find it. In your experience what could it be?

thanks in advance
Here we go, you will find my comment on the instruction from another member:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/steps-to-link-your-sowp-paper-application-to-cic-online.431263/page-5#post-6411087

Good luck! I do believe that it will work this time!

Reactions: vaneizaguirre

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I don't know from were you took your information but RAMQ don't accept AOR instead of AIP. They do give coverage if you have OWP+AOR and work full time but it doesn't give you access to prescription drug plan as you would have with AIP
Chill @Ylajali
i forgot to mentioned owp. To access presciption drug, u should apply for bluecross..Somehow you might seen this link
https://qc.bluecross.ca/health-insurance/health-insurance-solutions/recent-immigrants
Since I landed to Canada, I already bought a health insurance package.

For health insurance card, I'm not sure, I'm figuring it out as I applied from Quebec so after I got CSQ, I can apply for health insurance card, the Guide on CIC said it clearly so hopefully!

JZ2017

Nov 7, 2017
Hi folks,

I found a trick of linking your application to My CIC after 7 days.
I was one of the applicants who passed the 7 days to link the paper application to My CIC online. Actually I linked mine after 8 month I received my AOR.
If you passed the first 7 days after you received your AOR, when you tried to link My CIC, instead of showing the system cannot match your application, the website will show system unavailable.
At this time, go ahead to report a technical issue. My CIC will get back to you the next business day and be patient for another a few days, My CIC will email you that your issue has been solved. At this time, you can link your application again.

Hope my expeience would help other people.

Reactions: Trinh

JZ2017

Nov 7, 2017
My CIC
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

And ECAS shows

1. We received XXXXX XXXXXs application for permanent residence on March 15, 2017.
  2. We sent XXXXX XXXXXX correspondence on April 6, 2017.XXXXX XXXXXhas not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXXXXX XXXXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXXXX XXXXXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. Medical results have been received.
I just linked my application to My CIC. We have identical information showing on My CIC.
My application was received on Feb. 21st.

Reactions: EGH

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Were you asked to provide police check (I assume that's what PCC is?) at the same time as medical? I was asked for medical, which I have passed, but as of now have not been asked for police check and this is how my application status reads in mycic account:

Application status
Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help - Final decision

can anyone shed some light? thanks
Check the "Application message" section just under the "Application status" section, you should have a message saying "Request letter", click on that thing (the > sign besides it). Not sure about your case, but we all usually get a request letter detailing the police clearance certificate (PCC) and schedule A. Best of luck. And call CIC if you find something a miss in your case.