Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hey guys,

just a little bit confused regarding the status of my application:
-Application received September 5th
-Request of SA and Police Checks October 30th
-Submitted SA and police Checks November 5th

Now on my application status it still says "Your action is required", even though there is nothing left for me to do. When i view my submitted application it shows that i submitted my docs (therefore the "required by" case is empty next to my submitted documents) and there is no further steps required to do. I don't have any other message from CIC or anything. I know this has happened to people before and I imagine this means I have nothing to do but you know how it is, better be safe than sorry.

Thanks in advance

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Hi folks,

Quick question: if I received my AOR this morning, should I be able to link my application online today or do I need to wait a bit?
I don't think I'm making any mistakes entering the information (I am following the instructions someone left here a while ago) but it says they can't find it. In your experience what could it be?

thanks in advance

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi were one same page. 'Y application also says action require even though i already submitted my police clearance and schedule a.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi were one same page. 'Y application also says action require even though i already submitted my police clearance and schedule a.
It's a glitch. Don't worry about it. You aren't the only one :)

mattaleen94

Sep 28, 2017
Hi everyone,

I sent my application 1st of November, I'm in Canada on a visitor visa that expires the 30th of January.

Now I know that I don't need to renew my visa because I would be an implied status. However, what if I don't receive anything from CIC by then ? according to this thread, a lot of people are receiving their first respond 3/4 months later.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone,

I sent my application 1st of November, I'm in Canada on a visitor visa that expires the 30th of January.

Now I know that I don't need to renew my visa because I would be an implied status. However, what if I don't receive anything from CIC by then ? according to this thread, a lot of people are receiving their first respond 3/4 months later.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.
You only get implied status after your AOR, because if they return your sponsorship/OWP app for any reason, then you won't be on implied status. To go on the safe side, I'd apply for a visitor visa extension at least 30 days before your status expiry date if by the first week of January you still haven't gotten your AOR. Better safe than sorry, if you are out of status then your OWP will be delayed and I guess you would have to apply to restore and all that.

Reactions: mattaleen94

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Did someone already get there OWP? If so, did you get an ETA in you email prior receiving your OWP in the mail?
I got only OWP in the mail. ETA confirmation (confirming that it is still valid till 202x) was just sent to my e-mail.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I recieved AOR November 1st.
My current working holiday visa runs out December 16th and hoping to get OWP before then though it seems unlikely at this point.
I'm assuming I'll be on implied status until it arrives? or do I need to apply for a vistor visa ?

Damian83

Nov 14, 2017
My current working holiday visa runs out December 16th and hoping to get OWP before then though it seems unlikely at this point.
I'm assuming I'll be on implied status until it arrives? or do I need to apply for a vistor visa ?
Yes, as far as I am aware you will be on implied status until you receive an approval on your OWP.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.
currently applicants are receiving AOR about 2 months from cic received the application (or application was delivered via canada post). if it was received nov 1 then you can expect AOR by january 1st week. you are lucky if you can receive AOR on that week provided your application is complete, hence you will be on implied status.
we are on the same timeline. my application was received october 31st.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
you are now on implied status

mattaleen94

Sep 28, 2017
currently applicants are receiving AOR about 2 months from cic received the application (or application was delivered via canada post). if it was received nov 1 then you can expect AOR by january 1st week. you are lucky if you can receive AOR on that week provided your application is complete, hence you will be on implied status.
we are on the same timeline. my application was received october 31st.

Okay great ! Thank you ! could you let me know when you get it please, and I'll do the same !

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Update on our file

- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand). It was tricky to link application, had to leave passport info blank and use UCI and surname.
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.
- 20th Nov : Background status changed to "We are processing your background check"

My wife did leave the country before she got her OWP, she was outside for about 3 months. We traveled back to Canada along with our child in October and this time she had a one way ticket. The border officer asked for her "PR card", we informed that we've applied for PR/sponsorship and are still in the process and that she has the OWP. The officer requested to see that, and said that we should keep the OWP with the passport to avoid questioning :). She is from a Visa free country and her ETA was update once the OWP was issued.

I guess now its another long wait before we hear anything, the less we hear back the better :)