Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
CIC received my application on August 17th, it was submitted on October 6th (after I linked it to MyCIC, I linked it too late - it was my mistake):
- Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
- Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Can you please explain more what does it mean of "If you were out of status, you will not qualify for OWP"?
Out of status- I mean, your status before applying for Sponsorship application +OWP.

You must have a valid temporary resident.

And going by your date, you have not exceeded the OWP time frame.

If you had a valid temporary resident as at the time you submitted your application for OWP, you should get it anytime soon.

But, if you did not have a valid temporary resident status before submission, you will have to wait until you have your AIP before they can issue your OWP.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
CIC received my application on August 17th, it was submitted on October 6th (after I linked it to MyCIC, I linked it too late - it was my mistake):
- Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
- Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Can you please explain more what does it mean of "If you were out of status, you will not qualify for OWP"?

your the same day as me august 17th .... waiting patiently for the work permit i think in the next 2 weeks

Reactions: Trinh

alineeximenes

Nov 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

We applied for inland spousal sponsorship (UK to canada both brits, I am a PR husband is on work permit from UK also), CIC received our application on May 17th 2017, received the next stage June 13th Now just playing the waiting game., If anyone is further along in the process, around what month did you receive your next step? If it truly is going to take 12 months then I would think we would hopefully hear something around month 9? any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
I’m in the same boat! My application was received on May 19th and they still checking my background... I️ wish I️ knew how long until I️ get AIP

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hello,

I just wanted to let you folks know that I just received my AOR half hour ago.
App received according to Canada post: Sep19
AOR: Nov 20

I will go ahead and link the app, and I will keep updating my timeline for your reference!

Thanks for all the support and good luck to all of you!
Thanks for the update

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
Application received: July 27, 2017
AOR: September 15, 2017
Police & Schedule A: September 25, 2017

Still waiting for OWP. I saw the people has the same AOR date as mine has already received it last week.
I check my process few times a day. This is really annoying .

Reactions: marvz21

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Yes it takes so long... because today i just receive a letter for cic regarding eta. That says that my eta is aprive and the expiration date. Does it mean that ill my work permit application is already approve? Does anyone here have same situation i have now? Those who already got there owp in post?

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Damian83

Nov 14, 2017
If you were out of status, you will not qualify for OWP. They will have to wait for your AIP before issuing your work permit. That’s the only reason most time, why OWP take longer than 4 months.
im a July applicant, my status expires in December. soo....
Yes it takes so long... because today i just receive a letter for cic regarding eta. That says that my eta is aprive and the expiration date. Does it mean that ill my work permit application is already approve? Does anyone here have same situation i have now? Those who already got there owp in post?
im a July 14 applicant and still haven't received anything regarding my OWP. very frustrating!!!

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017

im a July 14 applicant and still haven't received anything regarding my OWP. very frustrating!!!
They will approve your OWP this week

It will be approved anytime soon. Since your have a valid status.

Reactions: Damian83

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Yes.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hey guys,

just a little bit confused regarding the status of my application:
-Application received September 5th
-Request of SA and Police Checks October 30th
-Submitted SA and police Checks November 5th

Now on my application status it still says "Your action is required", even though there is nothing left for me to do. When i view my submitted application it shows that i submitted my docs (therefore the "required by" case is empty next to my submitted documents) and there is no further steps required to do. I don't have any other message from CIC or anything. I know this has happened to people before and I imagine this means I have nothing to do but you know how it is, better be safe than sorry.

Thanks in advance