App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
I have not checked the most recent processing times, but when I applied it was four months from the day the application was received. Remember that you have to be in status though - if you are out of status you need to wait for AIP.
Thank You BertlCamus. The status is valid until Feb'18 and with the application received date of Aug 30, I think I should have it well before then. Keeping my fingers crossed though..

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Reactions: Trinh

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I have not checked the most recent processing times, but when I applied it was four months from the day the application was received. Remember that you have to be in status though - if you are out of status you need to wait for AIP.
hi there, i think you can help me with my questions. i just sent my application for my wife’s sponsorship today. she lost her job as live in caregiver but her work permit is good until february 4 2018. i will probably get the AOR end of december. does that mean she’ll be on implied status after february 2018?

tctt

May 29, 2017
Honestly if it takes 14 months or 15 months no big deal people before Dec 2016 are waiting much longer. The most important thing is keeping your stats legal in Canada ARO gave you the legal right to stay in in tell decision is made
Hi guys
I want to file spousal application for my fiancé who is on a study permit in Canada ,I am a permanent resident here living in canda from 2011.(we both have indian passport).We know each other from 7 years,he came to Canada in jan 2017,and we got engaged in may 2017 back in india.
we are planning to do religious ceremony later once our parents are here ,as they have applied for super visa and I don't know how long it will take .
We want to start the paperwork and apply for sponsorship by doing civil wedding .
So we are planning to get married in civil ceremony in Ontario, but it takes 10-12 weeks to register our wedding here and get the marriage certificate ,without which I cannot file the application for his PR.
So I checked in NEWYORK you can get the marriage certificate same day as you get married .
So my question is will my marriage certificate recognizable for immigration if I get married in NEW YORK, we wont have any legal issues.
In that case I can apply for his PR and Work permit .

Can anyone please suggest me what will be the best scenario for me?
My lawyer sent my application and added the marriage license and certificate later when it came in the mail.

tctt

May 29, 2017
I sadly can't see your screenshots. Your first mistake is using the same application number for PR and OWP. The application number you got is only for the PR sponsorship. Your OWP application has its own number. To link your OWP :

1. Link your application
2. Category: temporary residence
Sub-Category: work permit and extension
3. Application details: choose the last option - unique client indentifier UCI and family name
4. Fill up the empty spots
Can you confirm what the fee is for open work permit extension? $155 or $255?
Thanks!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Is it unusual for the Sponsor to have not received any emails (AOR) several weeks after my wife (PA) got the initial AOR. I'm guessing they could have input my email wrong if they missed out the underscore. ECAS has Application Received under both the Sponsorship and PR section

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I dont open my cic account but as i remember,
When you open your application, on the bottom there is a row named "view submitted" you can click it and upload it there

If thts not available, you can applied tru https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I think something wrong with the system as I did search on CIC about that, they instructed like you said but there is no other place upload files. So I will use the link that you sent me! Thank you so much!

amarcules

Oct 31, 2017
Hello,

My wife and I are trying to determine the best approach to the spousal application. I am a canadian born citizen and she is Chinese. She is currently here on a study permit that runs out in May 2018. We have been together for 3 years (now living together) and got married in September 2017. We expect to receive out Marriage Certificate by Mid November and send in our Full Spousal sponsorship application along with an Open Work Permit Application by the end of November. I am concerned that her legal status will run out before the applicaiton is processed. Because I am not too familiar with the process, I would like some advice on how to proceed.

1. Does obtaining the Open Work Permit "Restore" or "Reinstate" her legal status?
2. If we do not receive a Work Permit before May 2018, does she have to leave the country?
3. What is the likelihood that an Open Work Permit can be processed (assuming we fill out all the forms satisfactorily) within the Period of Nov/Dec 2017 to May 2018 given the Holiday Break.
4. Lastly, is an open work permit typically denied for any reason?

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. If you could answer my questions or simply can forward me to a recent thread, I would be Sorely thankful!!!

Thank You!
Seth

noha_qc

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
In Ontario we got ours within a week (2 weeks including delivery) after the wedding ceremony. We hired a guy who advised us to attach the proof of urgency along with our wedding form. I'm guessing it helped. The whole process of getting married in May was finished in 3 weeks with a marriage certificate in our hands.
that's great
what proof of urgency did you provide?

prabh11

Oct 31, 2017
Hello,

My wife and I are trying to determine the best approach to the spousal application. I am a canadian born citizen and she is Chinese. She is currently here on a study permit that runs out in May 2018. We have been together for 3 years (now living together) and got married in September 2017. We expect to receive out Marriage Certificate by Mid November and send in our Full Spousal sponsorship application along with an Open Work Permit Application by the end of November. I am concerned that her legal status will run out before the applicaiton is processed. Because I am not too familiar with the process, I would like some advice on how to proceed.

1. Does obtaining the Open Work Permit "Restore" or "Reinstate" her legal status?
2. If we do not receive a Work Permit before May 2018, does she have to leave the country?
3. What is the likelihood that an Open Work Permit can be processed (assuming we fill out all the forms satisfactorily) within the Period of Nov/Dec 2017 to May 2018 given the Holiday Break.

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. If you could answer my questions or simply can forward me to a recent thread, I would be Sorely thankful!!!

Thank You!
Seth
1. Yes obtaining a work permit will restore her legal status. It usually takes around 4 months for a work permit so if you apply in Nov/Dec you should be good.
2. If you apply for a work permit before her study permit expires (May 2018) she will be under implied status and can stay in the country until her work permit is approved.
3. Given the holiday break it could take an extra week or two but not too much time.
4. If your papers and forms are all good you don't need to worry about it being denied.

alb994

Oct 26, 2017
Hello,

Thank You!
Seth
Hi Seth,

You are in an almost identical situation to what my wife and I were in. I was on a study permit and we got married in May, applied in July as soon as all the documents arrived. Where you have a difference benefits you, if your wife is eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit (you can only receive one of these so if she has had one in the past, she will not be) you should apply for this now if she has graduated already, if she hasn't yet graduated as soon as she does apply for this.

This is the exact same as the Open Work Permit you receive through the application which I believe is valid for up to 2 years. PGWP validity is determined based on the length of your studies here in Canada. I would definitely go this route, the processing times are likely faster and I believe her staus would continue to be implied as a student as long as she applies before her current study visa expires.

Based on your timeline it should be alright for her given that you plan to apply in November and her permit expires in May, however you may not want to take a chance and the PGWP would be the best way to guarantee she has a status!

My study permit expired and I am currently waiting for my OWP from when I applied back in July. Needless to say speaking from firsthand experience it is something you would want to avoid. I already had a PGWP so that is why I am now waiting.

Let me know if you need any more info!