Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Anyone have any guesses as to why AOR’s are taking 5-9 weeks for some? Been looking at the spreadsheet and it seems so inconsistent with some getting it 2-3 weeks and then others are having to wait 2-3 months? I know we are all in the same boat but my spouse is freaking out about probably not getting his OWP until the new year. He had an OWP but it expired in July we did apply for an extension in May but the company we hired failed to submit any other docs except for the extension (we have PNP, Express Entry and Spousal Sponsor) we paid more money than I am willing to admit for nothing. We provided everything they needed to do all of the above.

App recieved at CIC: August 18 2017
Returned October 5th due to apparent missing docs (they were in the package) redid the docs
Sent back to CIC October 12,2017
Recieved according to Canada Post October 16, 2017

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Thanks guys I landed today October 19th.
No aip, no DM. Call for RPRF and then call 2 days later to land

Officially a PR now!

@profiler
Congratulations.... waiting

Reactions: KandyK

Flutterby1

Jan 4, 2017
Hey guys,

How long does AIP usually take? I submitted my app on June 2nd and thought OWP usually takes 4 months from date recieved but just called CIC and was told they won't start processing my OWP until I'm approved in principle which she couldn't give me a general timeline for. They requested police clearance and background declaration which I submitted at the end of July... that was the last I've heard from them.

Any ideas of time would be appreciated, thanks!

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Very quick for inland for sure. The wife and I have been married for more than 2 years, not sure if it speeds it up but guess less doubt in terms of the genuineness of the relationship, though we dont have children together. In the new application package one I remember one of the questions was if you can answer YES to a bunch of questions that included being married for more than 2 years and do you have children together...then they required very little other proof of relationship so must speed up that part of it.
I think applicants from July 2017 onwards will be lucky. Their package is designed to ensure the applicant meets the requirements before submitting the form or else if you don't have what is asked, you have to wait until you gather all what's required. I believe their processing time will beat the one year mark. This is a good move by IRCC.

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
What receipt number? from canada post?
I only received a text from CPC that they received my documents on Sept 8.
The receipt was the Payment of Fees receipt (the one that starts with "R" and then followed by numbers), not the Canada post receipt/tracking number.

I did not receive a text as the number provided was a landline.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hey guys,

How long does AIP usually take? I submitted my app on June 2nd and thought OWP usually takes 4 months from date recieved but just called CIC and was told they won't start processing my OWP until I'm approved in principle which she couldn't give me a general timeline for. They requested police clearance and background declaration which I submitted at the end of July... that was the last I've heard from them.

I don’t know what’s happening, I submitted my application too on June 14th, and up till now have not got OWP. While some July applicants already got theirs approved. I just sent them a mail, and am waiting for a reply from them. The waiting period is killing! If they want to wait for AIP, before working on the OWP application. That can be so painful. AIP takes like 7 to 8 months depending on individual cases.

Reactions: Flutterby1

luckyirene

Jun 26, 2017
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi guys,
for my timeline,
I got schedule A request on June 29th, and I updated it on the same day.
(I submitted police certificate upfront when I send an application)
But on my CIC, it still tells me "your action is required"and if I click 'check status and messages' it says

Review of additional documents : The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

is this normal? :( it has been almost 4months... should I call to CIC? i haven't call them yet.

And I didn't get any medical exam request...

And also does anyone know how to upload photos on this forum? I captured my status on CIC but I don't know how to upload it haha

Thank you.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
The receipt was the Payment of Fees receipt (the one that starts with "R" and then followed by numbers), not the Canada post receipt/tracking number.

I did not receive a text as the number provided was a landline.
What receipt number? from canada post?
I only received a text from CPC that they received my documents on Sept 8.
Correction: just checked again and number provided was my cell phone and I did not receive a text.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi guys,
for my timeline,
I got schedule A request on June 29th, and I updated it on the same day.
(I submitted police certificate upfront when I send an application)
But on my CIC, it still tells me "your action is required"and if I click 'check status and messages' it says

Review of additional documents : The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

is this normal? :( it has been almost 4months... should I call to CIC? i haven't call them yet.

And I didn't get any medical exam request...

And also does anyone know how to upload photos on this forum? I captured my status on CIC but I don't know how to upload it haha

Thank you.
It's normal! I'm in the same situation. I got AOR on June 12, linked same day, got request same day, uploaded and submitted Sched A and PCC same day.
My CIC says the exact same things as yours. My background check says Not applicable. My documents one says the same as yours.
I haven't received a medical request either yet. Usually they used to send one out in 120-140 days from your date app was received. But now, they're running behind. A lot of people haven't gotten Med Requests, even before us!
Some end-April, early-May and mid-May applicants still haven't received medical request either, so it's a big back log.
Just be patient I guess! Hopefully we all get our med requests soon.

Also, to upload photos, I've not been able to upload directly to the forum, it never works for me. Instead, I just upload them to imgur and from there I copy the forum-code link and paste it and it embeds here.
i.e Go to: https://imgur.com/upload and upload your image. Once it's posted, click on on the drop down arrow in the top right, click on "Get share links", then copy the "BBCode(Forums)" link and post it here. It should start with

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Anyone have any guesses as to why AOR’s are taking 5-9 weeks for some? Been looking at the spreadsheet and it seems so inconsistent with some getting it 2-3 weeks and then others are having to wait 2-3 months? I know we are all in the same boat but my spouse is freaking out about probably not getting his OWP until the new year. He had an OWP but it expired in July we did apply for an extension in May but the company we hired failed to submit any other docs except for the extension (we have PNP, Express Entry and Spousal Sponsor) we paid more money than I am willing to admit for nothing. We provided everything they needed to do all of the above.

App recieved at CIC: August 18 2017
Returned October 5th due to apparent missing docs (they were in the package) redid the docs
Sent back to CIC October 12,2017
Recieved according to Canada Post October 16, 2017
What document did they say you were missing?

Joel1234

Oct 17, 2017
I'm still waiting too. Package sent out September 1st. Let me know when you get an AOR.

Also, when you try to check your application status, can you see "application received"? When I go to check our application with the receipt number, I get "sorry, we cannot find your application" (or something along those lines).

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hey guys,

We’re you out of status when you submitted your application? You have to wait for AIP if you lost your status. If you have status you should get it within 4 months

Reactions: Flutterby1

Joel1234

Oct 17, 2017
Hello guys i am just wondering is there anyone here on the same situation! Our application was received on August 31 (Inland) and never heard anything from CIC. No AOR yet!!! Im kinda worried