File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
hi EGH and KandyK - we have a similar timeline as well. Please keep in touch and post any updates. we have a consultant on our application and we can't even access online account.

what does your online account indicate ?
My cic says:
-Eligibilty has not started
-You passed the medical exam
-we do not need additional documents
-Your background check is in progress

Sure keep in touch with us.

We have an inland whats app group if u guys are interested in joining that.

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

i opened a separate thread with no luck....so would appreciate some comments

I've filled in most of the forms, but had a few things I was not sure about...

General qs:
1. After the changes of last year, is there a difference in processing time or anything else between inland and outland? My wife is here, so planning to do inland with OWP. Previously, because outland processing was faster, we were going to do outland.
2. We are planning to include an open work permit application - does that being granted require a medical report to be sent in? We can't do medical now as my wife is approx 16 weeks pregnant

Form specific:

Checklist

1. The supporting documents for sponsor section of application has section 3, which asks:
"Do you (sponsor) and the person you are sponsoring have (a) child(ren) together who may have a claim to Canadian citizenship?

In our case, we have a son who was born in August 2016. I have a birth certificate and SIN for him, so I am not sure how to answer this.

2. The supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members), requires the following; you (the principal applicant) must provide the following (photocopies only) for yourself and your family members....

a. most recently issued passport or travel document for you and all family members (who will accompany you to Canada)

In our case, I assume that our Canadian son, nor I, need to provide anything here. Can anyone confirm?

b. Birth certificates for yourself and all family members, whether accompanying to Canada or not.

In our case, my wife has parents and a brother and sister. Of course none are immigrating with her. I am fairly certain that means that we would not include anythng for them, but confirmation would be nice.

IMM0008ENU2D

1. Question 3 reads as follows:

How many family members, including you, are in this application?

I assume I do not need to include myself, or my son, as we are already citizens. Can anyone please confirm?

2. The section on dependants, reads as follows:

You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

The wording is slightly confusing - in our case, I assume that as above, I do not include my wifes parents or siblings. I also assume that I do not include myself or our son. Can anyone please confirm?

IMM5406

Who exactly needs to fill this in? The chekclist says princpial applicant and any family members 18 years and older. As a Canadian citizen, do I fill this in? I am thinking it is my wife only, but again not quite clear...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hi Group,

Glad to find this forums with such updated application info. I have to admit the waiting is devastating which I checked the status every single day...
Here's some info about our case. I am currently applying for my wife for the SPR inland (both PR and OWP).

Timelines:
App Sent: Jun 28, 2017
AoR: Jul 27, 2017
PCC Request: Jul 27, 2017

We didn't know we could link our OWP application until yesterday (Thanks to this forum). I linked OWP to myCIC and received a message about missing Work Permit fee. It turned out that we needed to pay 255 (155 + 100) instead of 100 (OWP fee) for the OWP application. Have to say its very confusing, b/c I checked several times on their official website before hand which clearly separated the fees into two categories. Luckily, the note also said that they had already recovered the fees from our Right of PR fee (the 490 which I assume we could pay at a later time) which would cause no delay on our application process.
No other updates so far and I assume the OWP should be approved according to the thread. Finger crossed and best luck to everyone.
Congratulations! You will get your OWP in your mail within two weeks time. I just hope they start processing my OWP too, I paid 100CAD instead of 255CAD. In as much you have received that email, you will receive your OWP in the mail within two weeks. Can't wait to have that message too.

Reactions: DukeBugTor

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
My cic says:
-Eligibilty has not started
-You passed the medical exam
-we do not need additional documents
-Your background check is in progress

Sure keep in touch with us.

We have an inland whats app group if u guys are interested in joining that.
My CIC says:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
My CIC says:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Almost same with mine except they already updated meds to pass.

Reactions: EGH

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost same with mine except they already updated meds to pass.
My CIC says:

this is all great. please update if any of these change. we can then go to our consultant in person and hopefully he lets us check the online status.

ECAS does not seem to be helpful at all :(

Reactions: KandyK and EGH

DukeBugTor

Sep 14, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
27-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Congratulations! You will get your OWP in your mail within two weeks time. I just hope they start processing my OWP too, I paid 100CAD instead of 255CAD. In as much you have received that email, you will receive your OWP in the mail within two weeks. Can't wait to have that message too.
Thanks! Seems your timeline is two weeks ahead of mine. Any updates? Have you received OWP yet? I will definitely keep you posted. Finger crossed~

Reactions: Amsadek4u

DukeBugTor

Sep 14, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
27-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Oh no! I also did pay $100 only. How did it become $255? Anybody here who paid $255???
Personally, I believe more than a few people would make that mistake like you and I. As long as you have paid something that they could use to recover the fee and not delay the process, they would do it. So have some faith in them and we will be fine =)

Reactions: MariaF

PILGRIMPARTNER

May 11, 2017
I know it's been asked a million times here but I'm having trouble finding those threads.

Any tips on linking the application online? We've tried two days in row. If we don't link it in time will we not be able to link it at all?

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
Hey everyone, I got an email from CIC asking me to link my application but it's not working! I remember a while back someone was having the same issue and managed to fix it by using capitals or leaving a blank after a number or something. Does anyone remember this thread and can provide a link or know what I should do? Thank you!

Reactions: Iahbianca

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
I know it's been asked a million times here but I'm having trouble finding those threads.

Any tips on linking the application online? We've tried two days in row. If we don't link it in time will we not be able to link it at all?

As the number of people/applicants put 2 not 1 - that was the trick for me. Try to only use the application number and your client number. Try to leave as many empty options as you can unless the system tells you it's mandatory.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
It worked! I remember putting 1 on my application so I thought it had to match.

What I did (for reference)
1. Permanent Residence -> Family Class (Common-law)
2. Application Number + Family Name - Copy/paste my application number (including the F) and entered my last name the same way I put in on my application (not in all caps)
3. Filled in city and country of birth
4. Passport info - I left it blank
5. Filled it in and put "2" as number of people/applicants (even though I only put 1 on my actual app)

It worked! Thank you Kozyrytka :)

Anand P

Sep 15, 2017
I just submitted my Inland Spouse PR sponsorship along with OWP today. Paid $100 for OWP fee but just noticed on this forum that it is $255. Just not clear enough online on the application basic guide. Let me see what they come up with !!

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Same here. Background Check has been in this status for over 4 months now...:(
I think it is the same for everyone before their applications are finalized. Mine has been in this same status for over 8 months. The actual processing of application is within a day or two when your file is picked up and background check results, medical results and all other additional documents requested are in tact. Now the only changes you should expect is the review of additional documents. If more documents are needed, they will let you know. Otherwise, you will wake up one day and see decision made in ECAS - SPONSOR OR APPLICANT OR BOTH. Then you get AIP and landing letter. All the best!