Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
My open work permit application was just approved and the final decision was made - accepted (I guess I am just waiting for the SIN card to be delivered by mail?). They updated my OWP status today in the morning for "reviewing my eligibility" and a few hours later I logged in my profile and the whole page was updated that everything is approved along with the final decision (no email notifications were received). My application was received by the office on June 26th. Good luck to everybody and wishing you guys short waiting times !
Yay so happy for you...Do you not have to go to Service Canada to get a SIN??? Wait for work permit to arrive and bring it to Service Canada? I believe that is what I have heard. Someone correct me if am wrong. Again congrats! My spouses should come soon then too.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Yay so happy for you...Do you not have to go to Service Canada to get a SIN??? Wait for work permit to arrive and bring it to Service Canada? I believe that is what I have heard. Someone correct me if am wrong. Again congrats! My spouses should come soon then too.

Thank you ! Yes I do have to wait for the OWP paper coming in the mail but I went to the service Ontario today to get some information and they let me know that once I receive it I should come back with the document and one more supporting document ( example marriage certificate) to prove your name or something like that. They do give your SIN card during your visit there :) I think your husband is going to get it soon! I keep my fingers crossed for you guys ! No updates on the permanent resident application though (it's going to be a month soon since they have received my police certificate).

Reactions: Jcwells

MiniRitz21

Aug 25, 2016
Looks like I guess they are still finishing July 26th if someone got it yesterday and someone else today. Anyone from July 27th and on got their AOR yet?

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
Thank you all who answer my many questions on this forum! You helping me tremendously... I have another question : On form IMM0008 question 3 it asks for number of family members in the application. It is just me and my wife who is sponsoring.. So is it 2 or is 1 for just me.
Can anyone help?

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
If no other applicant just yourself then 1. The sponsor your spouse is not to be counted.
Ok thank you very much! And am I correct that if we are applying as Spouse or Common Law Partner in Canada that I still select "Family" on question 1 of IMM0008?

luckyirene

Jun 26, 2017
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi guys, I haven't been here for a while since I got my OWP.
I am just wondering about travelling outside of Canada.
Is that really okay if I have a valid passport and OWP and ETA?
I am about to buy tickets to LA for next month and really worrying about my application or if I can come back.

Please help me guys. Thank you.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hey all,

Did anyone of you get the Sponsor Approval? I received my AOR on 6th July, and I haven't heard anything yet! Does anyone have any info on getting OHIP with AOR alone? I think you can get it after AIP, but looks like they aren't sending out anything in stages, but all at once. This sucks!

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Does anyone know how long after medical passed in my cic, what they next step is and how long till u get an update?

Thanks

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Does anyone know how long after medical passed in my cic, what they next step is and how long till u get an update?

Thanks
Hi @KandyK,

We have similar timelines. I have not heard anything after my medical exam... I'll let you know as soon I get any update.. Hopefully soon!!!!!