App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
My hubby had a valid OWP and they stamped it to invalidate it even though we got to keep the paper.

They stamped his passport, and gave him a landing doc which they said he needed to keep in a safe place since it would be needed for government services like pension, etc.
Oh that's different. I didn't get to keep the OWP paper. They took it.

Christie1020

Feb 15, 2017
It's a shame the way I achieved linking my application didn't work for some of you, I hope you get it linked soon!

I have a question i'm looking for help with.
I applied for PR and a work permit at the same time but I haven't recieved the work permit yet and my visa runs out at the end of this month. I read on the CIC website I can continue working until CIC reach a decision about the visa BUT my sin will expire also so can I renew it even though I odnt have a valid permit right now?

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
Definitely online, so they will receive it right away and there is less risk of other issues!

I believe it's only who is being sponsored. This is taken from the CIC guide website

Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:

• The principal applicant (the person being sponsored);
  • and
  • all dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).
Regardless of the instructions, if you submit it online it only allows you to submit one form.

Thank you for answering all my questions.. I have one more question tho. personal history? let say he was born 1991 . is that the date that I am supposed to start detailing his personal history? i always get an error saying don tleave gap..(1991-2017?) so like that? please help! thanks!

jriddycuz

Aug 4, 2017
Québec City, QC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
This worked for me a few months ago, I found it on one of the forums here: It took almost a week after receiving the email to link the account until it worked for me. Hope it helps.

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.
Tried that too, but it hasn't been a week yet, so maybe that's why it's not working. I called into the queue to confirm my info and it's there, and I've submitted screenshots to tech support for it. Don't know if any good will come of it, or if I just have to wait. Thanks for the info though.

Reactions: Dimstereo

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
Tried that too, but it hasn't been a week yet, so maybe that's why it's not working. I called into the queue to confirm my info and it's there, and I've submitted screenshots to tech support for it. Don't know if any good will come of it, or if I just have to wait. Thanks for the info though.
I cannot link mine either... I"ve submitted a screenshot etc. All that came from it, was a general email about updating my browser etc and if I still have problems I should send them an email with a screenshot... Hahahaha... I did it again and got the exact same email again!!!!!!!!
I hope the technical support will be more supportive for you...

Jul 27, 2017
for ppl cannot link your paper application online, i have tried more than 20 times and failed also emailed the screenshot using Web form and got answers not helping anything.

I finally succeed because I got through the CIC agent, (must let the applicant make the call, not the sponsor), the reason why is they put the province in to the system not the city where I born. In Chinese passport, only province showed in passport not the city, so I guess if your passport shows province/state in the section of place of born, you might try that instead of put in city where you born.

If still not work, call CIC

Jul 27, 2017
Also, I submitted the work permit after I got PR aor , whats the next step? how long take the work permit to link to my online account? could someone help me?

jriddycuz

Aug 4, 2017
Québec City, QC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
for ppl cannot link your paper application online, i have tried more than 20 times and failed also emailed the screenshot using Web form and got answers not helping anything.

I finally succeed because I got through the CIC agent, (must let the applicant make the call, not the sponsor), the reason why is they put the province in to the system not the city where I born. In Chinese passport, only province showed in passport not the city, so I guess if your passport shows province/state in the section of place of born, you might try that instead of put in city where you born.

If still not work, call CIC
Thanks for that, but I got the same info from calling CIC. They told that they had put my state in rather than my city of birth. I tried that on the linking form and that failed too. I think I'm just gonna wait a few days and see if their system catches up.

Reactions: Dimstereo

eseagraves

Aug 7, 2017
We mailed our spousal sponsorship in-land application on June 28, 2017. On August 2, 2017 we received an email stating our application was accepted. I have been unable to link our application to our Canada.ca account. We keep getting an error message saying it cannot be found. Today I sent a technical problem inquiry to cic.gc.ca and I think it could take up to 10 days to hear back from them.

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
Hello all,
I am an american citizen, and my wife is from Quebec. We want to apply for inland sponsorship, but my question is, must I have a visitors record to apply? If I cross and they issue no visitors record is it possible to apply without?

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hello All,

I have applied for an inland application for my spouse living in Montreal, Quebec. We received the AOR on Aug 3rd 2017. I'm confused on next steps since I live in Quebec. Should I wait for any letter from CIC to apply to CSQ & Quebec undertaking application? Or could I send the application? Since they are mentioning that deadline to submit the CSQ is 01-OCT-2017, I'm worried if we can get CSQ by that time.

Appreciate your expert advise.

Regards,
Karthik

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
Hello All,

I have applied for an inland application for my spouse living in Montreal, Quebec. We received the AOR on Aug 3rd 2017. I'm confused on next steps since I live in Quebec. Should I wait for any letter from CIC to apply to CSQ & Quebec undertaking application? Or could I send the application? Since they are mentioning that deadline to submit the CSQ is 01-OCT-2017, I'm worried if we can get CSQ by that time.

Appreciate your expert advise.

Regards,
Karthik
Did you receive an email form IRCC saying that you are approved to apply for undertaking application in Quebec? If yes, go ahead.

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Hello all,
I am an american citizen, and my wife is from Quebec. We want to apply for inland sponsorship, but my question is, must I have a visitors record to apply? If I cross and they issue no visitors record is it possible to apply without?
Same as you I'm American and my wife is Quebec. I spent 6 months In Canada (the full 180 days you're allowed to stay) in june 2016 I recieved a visitor extention for 6 months then in December I got another for 14 months allowing me to complete spousal sponsorship app. Wish you the best and it's expensive so get your wallet ready. Good luck!!!