Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
After your AOR how long did you have to wait for your OWP? Or like having a confirmation that they have it on file?
I got my AOR today and I cannot link it either. I've tried all possible combinations - Date of birth - passport - no of people 2 - with and without space after... No idea... I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow and then contact them :-((((

Reactions: ayien05

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
After your AOR how long did you have to wait for your OWP? Or like having a confirmation that they have it on file?
I got the AOR on May 12th and received OWP in the mail on June 22nd. ( but it could have been earlier than June 22nd since we have a community mail boxes and I don't check our mail box everyday.) The valid date on my OWP is May 30, 2019. So I think May 30th is the date they issued it and it probably took me about 3 weeks to receive it in the mail.

also, this is the link I found in searching for information on linking apps. Hope it helps.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-inland-spousal-pr-sponsorship-app-to-mycic.506490/
Sorry if this is redundant.

if you google or use searching engine here, you might be able to find more information. ( I typed "linking application canadavisa" on google and clicked " more results from www.canadavisa.com ", and found the link above.)

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
I got the AOR on May 12th and received OWP in the mail on June 22nd. ( but it could have been earlier than June 22nd since we have a community mail boxes and I don't check our mail box everyday.) The valid date on my OWP is May 30, 2019. So I think May 30th is the date they issued it and it probably took me about 3 weeks to receive it in the mail.

also, this is the link I found in searching for information on linking apps. Hope it helps.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-inland-spousal-pr-sponsorship-app-to-mycic.506490/
Sorry if this is redundant.

if you google or use searching engine here, you might be able to find more information. ( I typed "linking application canadavisa" on google and clicked " more results from www.canadavisa.com ", and found the link above.)
Thank you for your help! Will try it in a bit, you got ur owp pretty fast eh! so u have no idea that its coming right? it just arrived on the mail?

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
Thank you for your help! Will try it in a bit, you got ur owp pretty fast eh! so u have no idea that its coming right? it just arrived on the mail?
No, I had no idea. :)
Hope you can link your app soon.

Soon after you successfully link your app, you are supposed to receive a message requesting documents ( probably Schedule A and PCC) since you have to submit those documents within 30 days of the date of AOR.
So, once you link your app, make sure to check your status both in ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do ) and your CIC account to see if they have sent you a correspondence requesting documents, and you have the message in your CIC account that enables you to upload them in your account.
Many people (including myself) experienced glitches in the system that it says they sent the correspondence on ECAS, but the message never gotten through to their CIC account.

Elenny

Aug 2, 2017
Hi.. is my first time in the forum and i want to share my story to see if someone can help me..
I sent my sponsorship application.. extension visa and work permit last february 2017.. they returned tge file on may because some paper was missing.. i sent it again and was returned becausr another paper was missing.. finally i sent on may 23 they received on 25 and i still dont receive the AOR.. i dont know what to do

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
No, I had no idea. :)
Hope you can link your app soon.

Soon after you successfully link your app, you are supposed to receive a message requesting documents ( probably Schedule A and PCC) since you have to submit those documents within 30 days of the date of AOR.
So, once you link your app, make sure to check your status both in ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do ) and your CIC account to see if they have sent you a correspondence requesting documents, and you have the message in your CIC account that enables you to upload them in your account.
Many people (including myself) experienced glitches in the system that it says they sent the correspondence on ECAS, but the message never gotten through to their CIC account.

still having hard time to link my app :((( when I click on the link that you provided on how to link it. I try to leave the city that were born blank just put the spacebar i mean i pressed it lol! i tried doing 3 and 2 on my family thing nothing seems w=to work :(

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
Hey everyone!
I'm a 21 year old international student who's been living in Canada since I was in high school - with extended family at the time. Currently studying/living in Ontario with my common-law partner and planning to graduate in June 2019.
We've been together for over 2 years and living together for a year and a half. Not married, so it's technically a common-law partner sponsorship (not spousal) so I hope I'm in the right thread.

July 24, 2017 - Sent my application to Mississauga
July 31, 2017 - Application received (I tracked the package)

I'm waiting for CIC to confirm my partner is eligible to sponsor me/I'm eligible to be sponsored. Police check and medical exam as well (I'm guessing that comes later?) Does anyone know when I should hear from CIC?
I tried to link my application on my CICKey account but the system couldn't find it. Maybe it's too early since they received the package 2 days ago?

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hey everyone!
I'm a 21 year old international student who's been living in Canada since I was in high school - with extended family at the time. Currently studying/living in Ontario with my common-law partner and planning to graduate in June 2019.
We've been together for over 2 years and living together for a year and a half. Not married, so it's technically a common-law partner sponsorship (not spousal) so I hope I'm in the right thread.

I'm waiting for CIC to confirm my partner is eligible to sponsor me/I'm eligible to be sponsored. Police check and medical exam as well (I'm guessing that comes later?) Does anyone know when I should hear from CIC?
I tried to link my application on my CICKey account but the system couldn't find it. Maybe it's too early since they received the package 2 days ago?
When your package is opened and everything seems ok they will send you an AOR with your file number then you will be able to link. Your application more than likely is not in the system as yet.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hey everyone!

Hey! I'm an international student too, graduating June 2018!
The AOR right now is taking ~5 weeks. Just yesterday, someone whose package was received on June 28 received their AOR! So since yours was received on July 31, you can expect your AOR somewhere in the first week of September! That's almost a month of waiting in silence, it's the worst part lol, but try to keep busy. Once you get your AOR, it means your application was complete and they have put it in the system. When they send you the AOR by email, that is when you'll be able to link on your GCKey account, not before it.
As soon as you link, you'll see a request for Schedule A and PCCs which you can upload right away.
The medical request comes ~120 days after they receive your application. So you can expect your medical request sometime in December. Good luck!

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Please. If PA is an international student and got a PPR from outland VO while in Canada, CAN HE/she get his visa and do his landing while in Canada? If yes how?

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
Congratulations!! And thank you for sharing your experience. We all hope to be there some day.
Just wondering, if you had a still valid TRV on your passport and/or a valid study or work permit, did they void it or stamp on it or anything?
I still have a valid visitor visa in my passport. They didn't void or stamp it. They just stamp on one of your passport page. As for work permit, you supposed to bring it to the interview and they'll take it from you.