+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I cannot thank you enough Nina! You have really helped us out big time. We are now applying PGWP online and sending in OWP with PR application on Monday.
On the PGWP it says the potential working start date cannot be earlier than the current date. However he has been working since his graduation. Should we put an explanation letter stating that and include offer letter? This means the OWP will also have to have his current employer's name. Thoughts?
Hi @sk21,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I'm not on here as frequently nowadays.

Use current date as potential working start date for both OWP and PGWP. It's what they expect from students and spouses. When they issue the OWP or PGWP, it'll have the date of issue not the date you submitted. There's no need to explain why you put current date. He's still legit working right now on his student visa, so that's not a problem so long as he didn't do more than 20 hrs/wk on average.

I refer you yet again on how to fill in the PGWP: https://students.ubc.ca/career/career-resources/working-canada/post-graduation-work-permit/apply-post-graduation-work-permit#understanding-the-form. Make sure you keep screen shots of your submission like it advises on the website!! Quite frankly, that is the best website I've seen on how to do the paperwork. Make sure you also upload the supporting documents advised. Note that you don't necessarily want to tie him to a particular employer, so keep with Not Applicable / jobseeker / duties as assigned (some employers may take advantage if they see a work permit only allowing him to work with their firm).

On OWP you can leave employer as Not Applicable.

Good luck with both PGWP & spousal - and remember - you HAVE to submit PGWP before the student visa expires!!

Last edited:

Doktavira

Apr 26, 2017
dominicantiguan,

Thank you for your reply, yes CSQ means i am in quebec, montreal to be precisse. Yes i applied after Dec 7th and i used new kit application, i know i am still withing time frame but not getting updates drives me crazy. Here is my application timeline

App send Dec 19th 2016
App Rcvd Dec 21st 2016
AOR Rcvd Jan 19th 2017
AOR Sponsor Jan 20th 2017
Application linked on Jan 18th 2017
Technical glitch for Schedule A and PCC OFCOURSE lol
Forms uploaded Feb 13th
Sponsor received email to apply for CSQ for PA on Feb 28th
App sent March 1 st and received March 3rd for Quebec Gov
CSQ received by mail April 11th and sent to cic by email on April 10th
Since then Nothing actually happened

My cic Status is :
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

That seems way better then mine, so here is mine if anyone can say something, I tried to call CIC to no result (didn't go thru)

App sent : Feb 21st 2017
App Received : Feb 23rd 2017
AOR Received : Mar 15th 2017 (email, along with linking application) - App linked by Mar 20th 2017
OWP Received : May 1st 2017 (no emails or news on CIC account)

Sche A, PCC and Medical Result (Up front) submitted along with the application.

Other then all of those I heard nothing, but here is what the online tool and my CIC account said (which I never received anything by emails or mail)

On-Line Services

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 23, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 21, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does anyone have any idea about the correspondence they sent on March 21, 2017?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
That seems way better then mine, so here is mine if anyone can say something, I tried to call CIC to no result (didn't go thru)

AOR Received : Mar 15th 2017 (email, along with linking application) - App linked by Mar 20th 2017

Other then all of those I heard nothing, but here is what the online tool and my CIC account said (which I never received anything by emails or mail)

On-Line Services

Permanent Residence
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 21, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help

If ECAS says they send you correspondence and you did not receive anything, you should definitely contact CIC. They had (still have?) technical problems and the correspondence they sent were not received by the people. It happened to me and after I called they issued the correspondance again ( it was a request for CSQ and Schedule A form). My guess is they a requesting a new Schedule A. They clearly specify in the guide that you should not send it upfront. Also if they would have decided to use the one you provided, your background check would probably be in progress. Mine is in progress since July 4th and I'm an April applicant...

Reactions: KandyK

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
Hello,
I received message after linking to online account:
=======================
At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
=======================
Question 1: I have been currently living with my partner in Canada for more than a year. But where we can submit the document online says that "You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more."
So do I have to submit police certificate from Canada?

Thank you in advance!

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
Regarding form Schedule A IMM 5669,
1. Personal History: When I was a student in France from 2011 to 2014, and I travelled a lot around Europe as well as home country, do I have to include in personal history?

2. Address History: During the time I was a student in France from 2011 to 2014, I visited my home country for some months (so no house contract in France this period), do I have to include the address in my home country along with address in France? And do you put the address when you travelled around in this?

Thank you in advance!

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
I am March applicant
Received March 13
AOR March 28
Background check started April 27th
Med request July 19. (Getting it done next week)
I think the next thing will be reviewing your eligilibity.

Badi

Jun 13, 2011

On-Line Services

Permanent Residence

Yes the same thing happened to me. This correspondance is for PCC ans Schedule A. Use IRCC webform to upload them. I know you didnt recieve the email but do as soon as possible. You are bot suppose to send them upfront. So upload them online as soon as possible

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Review of eligibility means that they will go over your application again to make sure that you meet the requirements to apply for permanent residence under the spousal sponsorship category.

Reactions: Noslord2003

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
[
I am inland so im not sure. I am still waiting to have mine done. Outland process is usually faster than inland. Also cases can be different.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am inland so im not sure. I am still waiting to have mine done. Outland process is usually faster than inland. Also cases can be different.
where are you located ? is there any reason you delayed your meds for a week ? we got the appointment for the very next day when we received the request.

we actually delayed pcc submission, so not taking chances anymore.

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey guys, I will be trying to apply in August through the inland sponsorship. I graduated from university about a year ago and right now I have an open work permit as well as temporary residence visa. Would it speed up the process for me since I don't have to apply for an OWP?

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Hey guys, I will be trying to apply in August through the inland sponsorship. I graduated from university about a year ago and right now I have an open work permit as well as temporary residence visa. Would it speed up the process for me since I don't have to apply for an OWP?
It would be the same.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
where are you located ? is there any reason you delayed your meds for a week ? we got the appointment for the very next day when we received the request.

we actually delayed pcc submission, so not taking chances anymore.
I am north of Toronto but made appointment in Toronto. They wanted me to come the very next day after i called. Wasnt ready yet so i am doing it in 1 week. There is no issue once ur within 30 day time frame. Also this office does e medical so will be sending the results online to IRCC.

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
hello everyone just wondering before you guys get the AOR did u get an email first? or no?? I'm getting really worried since my husbands status will expire on the 5th of august.. I submitted our application may but got it back because of some missing documents. I resent it June 24 and they got it on their office june26 via canadapost. now is July 25 and haven't heard anything from them yet.!! :(

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
hello everyone just wondering before you guys get the AOR did u get an email first? or no?? I'm getting really worried since my husbands status will expire on the 5th of august.. I submitted our application may but got it back because of some missing documents. I resent it June 24 and they got it on their office june26 via canadapost. now is July 25 and haven't heard anything from them yet.!! :(
AOR is the first email you will receive when CIC receive your application. That is exactly one month you submitted you documents. If everything is ok with the application you submitted, I assume you will hear back from them this week or next week.
Hope for the best