File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Thank you @KandyK .. Did you receive it by email or GCkey?
I received an email saying there is a new message in my gckey account. When i logged in there, it was med request with the medical form attached to it.

Reactions: EGH

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Thank you so much NinaM!! Did you apply PGWP and OWP both on paper or online? I'm worried if we apply both at the same time it will cause problems? Unless we apply PGWP online and attach the OWP with our PR application. Both are ready to send.
There is no problem applying for both. We certainly didn't have any trouble (not even a question) even though we made a note when applying for the PGWP that there was a spousal sponsorship in progress, and that we'd applied for an OWP as well.

Apply online for PGWP (that way it's quicker) and regular snail mail for OWP. When the OWP comes through, it supersedes the PGWP. Easy peezy.

I think the estimates right now are 60 days for PGWP (though he has temp worker status the minute he submits his application), and 4 months for OWP, so there will be a delay between the two.

The PGWP will arrive in snail mail without any email or status notification; that's how it was for us.

Reactions: sk21

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
Since my husband has extend his visitor visa. We submitted the permanent resident application a month before his visitor extension expires. Now, the extension is expiring on the 31st of this month. Do we need to extend his visitor visa again? Or it's going to be implied status?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Ok sounds great. We should follow each other.
That is exactly what I'm thinking too , that they will request for medicals in August. You never know. It might come earlier than that :).
I will suggest if it won't cost you too much. You might want to start the process of getting the police clearance for the other place your husband lived more than 6 months. You wouldn't want them to notice that later on and use that to delay your timeline
For the other country it would only be a consent to disclosure of information form and CIC communicate directly with the authorities over there, so I'm not really stressed about it... But after reading carefully CIC's guide I think they won't ask for it because they say they will ask one for
the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; which is Canada, and the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18, which is the one we sent already...

Reactions: Brittanyyyc

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Oh boy, got an update today. We messed up the fee part of OWP and only paid $100. Now they sent us that they have deducted the amount from Right to permanent residency. They say not to pay the different for OWP and that they will refund RTPR remainder, and will ask us to pay it later.

At least we got to hear from them :) and the application is really being reviewed. So from July 6th (AOR) till now they were still at checking the documents.

Anyone know about this situation where RTPR fee if not paid upfront causes a delay.

sk21

Jun 9, 2017
There is no problem applying for both. We certainly didn't have any trouble (not even a question) even though we made a note when applying for the PGWP that there was a spousal sponsorship in progress, and that we'd applied for an OWP as well.

Apply online for PGWP (that way it's quicker) and regular snail mail for OWP. When the OWP comes through, it supersedes the PGWP. Easy peezy.

I think the estimates right now are 60 days for PGWP (though he has temp worker status the minute he submits his application), and 4 months for OWP, so there will be a delay between the two.

The PGWP will arrive in snail mail without any email or status notification; that's how it was for us.
I cannot thank you enough Nina! You have really helped us out big time. We are now applying PGWP online and sending in OWP with PR application on Monday.
On the PGWP it says the potential working start date cannot be earlier than the current date. However he has been working since his graduation. Should we put an explanation letter stating that and include offer letter? This means the OWP will also have to have his current employer's name. Thoughts?

Last edited:

himzv1988

Jul 21, 2017
Hi i have applied for a pr n OWP in canada under family spons (spouse).
I have received my UCI number yesterday. I have linked my application.
How much time they take to issue a work permit in winnipeg

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
I messed up too, I paid $100 too. But my AOR was July 13th, I will be glad if they deduct the $155 dollar from my RTPR fee, and refund the balance. And I will repay that immediately. It's better than returning my OWP application.

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Since my husband has extend his visitor visa. We submitted the permanent resident application a month before his visitor extension expires. Now, the extension is expiring on the 31st of this month. Do we need to extend his visitor visa again? Or it's going to be implied status?
His status will change to implied status until you hear back from them

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
For the other country it would only be a consent to disclosure of information form and CIC communicate directly with the authorities over there, so I'm not really stressed about it... But after reading carefully CIC's guide I think they won't ask for it because they say they will ask one for
the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; which is Canada, and the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18, which is the one we sent already...

I agree with that. I'm sure the PC you submitted should be fine.
All the best

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Oh boy, got an update today. We messed up the fee part of OWP and only paid $100. Now they sent us that they have deducted the amount from Right to permanent residency. They say not to pay the different for OWP and that they will refund RTPR remainder, and will ask us to pay it later.

At least we got to hear from them :) and the application is really being reviewed. So from July 6th (AOR) till now they were still at checking the documents.

Anyone know about this situation where RTPR fee if not paid upfront causes a delay.

Same thing happened to me. They said they will refund me back. I also made a mistake paying the difference. But I already got my open work permit.

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi i have applied for a pr n OWP in canada under family spons (spouse).
I have received my UCI number yesterday. I have linked my application.
How much time they take to issue a work permit in winnipeg
I'm not sure about winnepeg. But mine took also 8 weeks

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
Hi everyone, I have some questions about my application.

I applied my application by mail on April 2017. I have no status now since my visitor visa have expired for few days, so I applied the status restoration at the same time.

CIC received my application on 13 April and I got an email with an application number and UCI number on 8 May 2017, that is not an AOR I think because they just ask me to link my application online. I failed to link my application online until now...

On 11 May 2017, I got an email about a missing form IMM5406. The email asked me to send the form to their office and I did it immediately. Few days later I got an email again they said my form has problem and asked me to upload the form to them again. Finally, they got my form on 24 May 2017.

12 Jun 2017, I called them to confirm my missing form and they said they received and the processing time is at least 3 weeks. But I didn’t get any information after that. What should I do? I don’t know my processing time frame is normal or not, so should I call them for further information or I should wait?

By the way, my status restoration apply has no news too…

I have to apologized for my bad English, but hope you guys can help me out. Thanks!

HELLO, how did you link ur account? I'm also nervous cuz the first time I sent the application it got resent back to me since I was missing the receipt silly me. atm I don't hear anything from them yet it will be 4weeks on the 26. I'm nervous!!! hopefully I didn't miss anything this time!!!! and also I wish you luck on ur papers.

btw in terms of restoring ur status how did you do it?? is it the extension? or they are two different things? thanks!!

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
I messed up too, I paid $100 too. But my AOR was July 13th, I will be glad if they deduct the $155 dollar from my RTPR fee, and refund the balance. And I will repay that immediately. It's better than returning my OWP application.
Hopefully they deduct the amount from your RTPR. That was what they did with mine