App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I am a June 6th applicant and just received my AOR today!! :)
I didn't realize you had to get a police certificate for my husband as well? I got mine all sorted from Australia and Canada. Am I interpreting this correctly?

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”. This must be received at this office by: 2017/08/07
i don't think the sponsor is included to submit pcc. i think it is in the context of accompanying or non-accompanying dependent. i didn't include my husband's pcc with the app and they haven't asked for it either.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
HOW TO LINK PR APPLICATION TO MYCIC:

for the number of family members, place two (2) for sponsor and principal applicant. IF you have non-accompanying dependents, do not add them to the app. IF you have accompanying dependents, for example, you have one (1) child who is not a pr or canadian citizen who will be receiving PR the same time as you, add him/her to the app. so in this example you type in 3. @ggl hope this works for you! if not, try to use uci number or other combinations. or try to fill single as marital status (i don't know why but it worked for some). if you still can't link, please post here so we can all figure it out.

Last edited:

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
My hubby and I had a landing interview on June 27th in Surrey BC. There were 2 couples in the queue, and we arrived 15 min early.

It took only 10 minutes - he had to sign and initial the "confirmation of permanent residence" and she asked him the following questions:

"Are you still married to Nina?"

"Do you and Nina have any children?"

"Are you under deportation proceedings from Canada?"

"Have you committed a crime, in Canada or in any other country?"

Then she stamped his passport with his landing date, and told him not to lose the landing document EVER because thats what he would need to apply for old age pension, etc.

His PR card will arrive in the mail in about 50 days.

HURRAY!

For those who have questions, our timeline is below.
Submitted Dec 8th, 2016 with upfront medical (using old format)
AOR1 Dec 23rd, 2016
OWP March 27th, 2017
Criminal check request April 11th, 2017
SA June 1st, 2017
DM June 5th, 2017
PR Landing letter June 6th, 2017
PR June 27th, 2017

Last edited:

hennords

Jun 22, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
June 5 2017
hi everyone.Can i ask if i need to create acct in gckey and i am the sponsor.or just my principal my husband?should we have two separate acct?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi everyone.Can i ask if i need to create acct in gckey and i am the sponsor.or just my principal my husband?should we have two separate acct?
i think only the PA can register for the gckey and you only should have 1 account.

SummerRayne

Jul 2, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
Med's Request
30-07-17
Med's Done....
31-07-17
Hello,

Does anyone know how long Approval in Principle is taking at the moment? And exactly what they look at when deciding whether to give AIP?

Thanks

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hello,

Does anyone know how long Approval in Principle is taking at the moment? And exactly what they look at when deciding whether to give AIP?

Thanks
the shortest time i have seen for someone to have aip for inland applications is about 6 months like @NinaM and @novitakrnawn and they had upfront medicals and pcc and such. i suppose it's the type of application that cic agents consider bona fide relationships and they passed a fairly complete and informative application like proof of relationship, cohabitation, financial dependence. outland applications are waaaaay faster though.

Last edited:

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
hello
@itsats , my application has been returned because they need 2 sets of the 3 sets :
  • shared ownership of residential property
  • joint leases or rental agreements
  • bills for shared utility accounts, such as:
    • gas
    • electricity
    • telephone
    • joint utility accounts
  • important documents for both of you showing the same address, such as:
    • driver’s licenses
    • insurance policies
  • identification documents
i am gona send my application again with MY SIN shoes the same address, and joint account in TD bank and the owner changed the contract of rent under my name and my wife, and my phone i added her as authorization person . she is the sponsor .
is this enough ??? and those documents are consider 2 sets from the 3 sets or no
thank you so much

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hello
@itsats , my application has been returned because they need 2 sets of the 3 sets :
  • shared ownership of residential property
  • joint leases or rental agreements
  • bills for shared utility accounts, such as:
    • gas
    • electricity
    • telephone
    • joint utility accounts
  • important documents for both of you showing the same address, such as:
    • driver’s licenses
    • insurance policies
  • identification documents
i am gona send my application again with MY SIN shoes the same address, and joint account in TD bank and the owner changed the contract of rent under my name and my wife, and my phone i added her as authorization person . she is the sponsor .
is this enough ??? and those documents are consider 2 sets from the 3 sets or no
thank you so much
i'm not sure what you mean by authorized person, do you have both your phones in one account which you both have access? in other words a joint telephone utility bill? or you only gave her authorization to view/use your account? other than that, you have your SIN, joint account and joint lease. that's already 3. although it could be better if you both have provincial IDs showing the same address, instead of SIN. i think you're clear to proceed.

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
i'm not sure what you mean by authorized person, do you have both your phones in one account which you both have access? in other words a joint telephone utility bill? or you only gave her authorization to view/use your account? other than that, you have your SIN, joint account and joint lease. that's already 3. although it could be better if you both have provincial IDs showing the same address, instead of SIN. i think you're clear to proceed.
i gave her authorization to view/use my account, because they i can not have 2 phones under my name because i dont have creidt history here in canada, and her account has many 2 phones and internet and tv caple, so we could not do joint telephone utility bill.
we dont have more provincial IDs showing the same address. but we have many Correspondences from Service Ontario and the same address in the marriage certificate and i got my fingerprint from the RCMP my mail 3 days ago and the same address in the the result of the fingerprint.
i have one more question, i have a police certificate from my country i had did in last Sep2016 before coming here in canada , can i submit it ?because the wmbassy here said they need 16 weeks to make a new one

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
i gave her authorization to view/use my account, because they i can not have 2 phones under my name because i dont have creidt history here in canada, and her account has many 2 phones and internet and tv caple, so we could not do joint telephone utility bill.
we dont have more provincial IDs showing the same address. but we have many Correspondences from Service Ontario and the same address in the marriage certificate and i got my fingerprint from the RCMP my mail 3 days ago and the same address in the the result of the fingerprint.
i have one more question, i have a police certificate from my country i had did in last Sep2016 before coming here in canada , can i submit it ?because the wmbassy here said they need 16 weeks to make a new one
yes you can use your old pcc from your country but be ready if they ask for a recent one. that's what i did for mine. you could have added your phone to her mobile account but it's still gonna be your name registered to the phone. you can't have 2 phones registered to the same person obviously. i wonder what your service provider is. we are under telus, we have one account (a family line) with my husband but our phones are registered to our respective names and we have 2 devices under the same account as well. i don't know if it works differenty for ontario but i was able to get a contract with fido when i was new here, without a credit history. just my sin and a bank statement i think it was. i'm really not savvy with the service providers but i think with your sin, they can already check your credit history. bottom line, your telephone utility bill is of no use as it is not a joint utility

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
yes you can use your old pcc from your country but be ready if they ask for a recent one. that's what i did for mine. you could have added your phone to her mobile account but it's still gonna be your name registered to the phone. you can't have 2 phones registered to the same person obviously. i wonder what your service provider is. we are under telus, we have one account (a family line) with my husband but our phones are registered to our respective names and we have 2 devices under the same account as well. i don't know if it works differenty for ontario but i was able to get a contract with fido when i was new here, without a credit history. just my sin and a bank statement i think it was. i'm really not savvy with the service providers but i think with your sin, they can already check your credit history. bottom line, your telephone utility bill is of no use as it is not a joint utility
i am under Bell and my wife under Rogress.
if i could not do this bill , the lease contract and my SIN and Joint account bank will be enough???

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
i am under Bell and my wife under Rogress.
if i could not do this bill , the lease contract and my SIN and Joint account bank will be enough???
i think so.

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
Good afternoon everyone :)

I uploaded my Schedule A and PCC about May 31st... They weren't due until June 8th. I never sent this by mail just uploaded by the webform.
I haven't seen anything updated in my CIC account yet... Still says 'We need additional documents check messages below.' I know its early as its only the 8th today...
what has been everyones kinda timeline for this after you have sent documents using the webform? Should i just be patient and wait. I'm just super nervous that now its passed the due date they might think i haven't sent these documents in...
Also whats everyone's opinion... should i send in the physical copies of the Schedule A and PCC to them in the mail... or should i just trust they receive it through the webforms?

Thanks everyone!

How long did it take for the message 'We need additional documents check messages below.' to change?
I just submitted my Schedule A and Police Certs.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
How long did it take for the message 'We need additional documents check messages below.' to change?
I just submitted my Schedule A and Police Certs.
1 month minimum, however it's not that important even if it doesn't change. As long as you've sent the documents within the timeframe you're good

Reactions: Noslord2003