FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
That's true
hey you'll never know, most of us got our owp within 2 months. they only put 16 weeks to keep people off their backs. only a few really wait that long. think positive thoughts! but keep in mind, the owp is not a travel visa. it doesn't grant you re-entry to canada if you're going out of the country.
That's true and would be great if it worked out that fast, but I'd rather be prepared to wait longer. That way I'm not disappointed. And so far, I've always waited for the amount of time that was listed on the website.
I know, it's still not a sure thing I can re-enter, that's the reason why I haven't left so far, but when I leave I'll take all my documents with me etc. and be prepared. And hope for the best :)

Talking about that: Anyone any good or bad experiences when leaving while waiting for PR?

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
That's true

That's true and would be great if it worked out that fast, but I'd rather be prepared to wait longer. That way I'm not disappointed. And so far, I've always waited for the amount of time that was listed on the website.
I know, it's still not a sure thing I can re-enter, that's the reason why I haven't left so far, but when I leave I'll take all my documents with me etc. and be prepared. And hope for the best :)

Talking about that: Anyone any good or bad experiences when leaving while waiting for PR?
I've been waiting for my OWP for a long time now... apply for sponsorship February 6th they received it. Still waiting... good luck to you.

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
I've been waiting for my OWP for a long time now... apply for sponsorship February 6th they received it. Still waiting... good luck to you.
Yeah... that's quite some time... Good luck to you too and hopefully you'll get it soon! After all, it's already been 4 months...

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
That's true

well, true that. i wouldn't risk travelling outside the country though because you will forfeit your spousal application if you are denied at the border. all your documents won't help you because you still won't have a travel document. open work permits are not a valid travel visa, they simply give you the right to work in canada. and you also mentioned your visitor visa will expire on august.

luckyirene

Jun 26, 2017
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey guys,

I sent OWP and PR application on June 1st and it was delivered on June 2nd.
And today FINALLY I got an email from Cic about my application number and UCI.
I guess this is what it called AOR!?

So I linked PR app to CIC, and it requested schedule A.
(I submitted police documents already with my application)

I filled out the schedule A on a computer, so I didn't sign in signature with hand, I just type in my name.
and I sent to IRCC Web form. did I do right? Or should I printed and sign in hand and submitting it?
Still my CIC status shows me that "Your action is required". is that correct?

And I cannot link OWP to my account, I guess I should wait few more days, right?

I just wish me and everyone is getting what we want, very soon!! :)

Reactions: KandyK

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
well, true that. i wouldn't risk travelling outside the country though because you will forfeit your spousal application if you are denied at the border. all your documents won't help you because you still won't have a travel document. open work permits are not a valid travel visa, they simply give you the right to work in canada. and you also mentioned your visitor visa will expire on august.
It does. But I am also from a visa exempt country. I need an eTa to enter Canada by air, which I have and is valid until 2020.
I'm not sure if I will or can go anyways, since it depends on so many different factors.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
It does. But I am also from a visa exempt country. I need an eTa to enter Canada by air, which I have and is valid until 2020.
I'm not sure if I will or can go anyways, since it depends on so many different factors.
oh, i stand corrected. then you're good to go then, if ever you do decide to travel. you only need your passport and eta.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hey guys,

I sent OWP and PR application on June 1st and it was delivered on June 2nd.
And today FINALLY I got an email from Cic about my application number and UCI.
I guess this is what it called AOR!?

So I linked PR app to CIC, and it requested schedule A.
(I submitted police documents already with my application)

I filled out the schedule A on a computer, so I didn't sign in signature with hand, I just type in my name.
and I sent to IRCC Web form. did I do right? Or should I printed and sign in hand and submitting it?
Still my CIC status shows me that "Your action is required". is that correct?

And I cannot link OWP to my account, I guess I should wait few more days, right?

I just wish me and everyone is getting what we want, very soon!! :)
If you linked your application successfully, why didn't you upload/submit your Schedule A on your CIC account? You login to your CIC account and you see a request letter, then at the bottom you click on 'View Submitted Application' and it shows you what files you need to upload and where.
Submitting by IRCC Webform or by mail will take forever for them to acknowledge it. You only do that when you have a technical issue or if you can't upload to your online account for some reason. These instructions should have been in your request letter.

Reactions: Emily89

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
That's true

I had this experience last month. Me and my wife had to travel to our home country, I am a PR and she was under a Study visa + TRV. We filled one immigration form and I waited in line with her instead of using one of the machines that are there for PRs and Citizens. The officer just asked the usual questions (reason for the trip, are we bringing any goods, food, etc...) and called our attention to my wife's visa expiration in two weeks. We had no real issue, I knew about the visa expiration and I was ready to tell him about the ongoing PR+OWP application, but it was not necessary.

I would NEVER leave the country without a proper visa + (TRV or eTa). Be aware of the differences between IRCC and Border Security, they are two independent agencies and you basically need to satisfy both in order to enter Canada, so have your visas + supporting documents ready in case you really need to leave the country. If the border security don't find you eligible to reenter Canada you will have to go back and your application might be cancelled.

I feel sorry for the delay in your OWP application, but since you passed the 4 months estimation time you can call them and ask what is going on.

luckyirene

Jun 26, 2017
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
If you linked your application successfully, why didn't you upload/submit your Schedule A on your CIC account? You login to your CIC account and you see a request letter, then at the bottom you click on 'View Submitted Application' and it shows you what files you need to upload and where.
Submitting by IRCC Webform or by mail will take forever for them to acknowledge it. You only do that when you have a technical issue or if you can't upload to your online account for some reason. These instructions should have been in your request letter.

Oh Thank you so much !! Yeah I was worrying that if it would take so long through Web form.
So I tried as you show me very kindly.
But at the last step, I had an error when I put my give name and last name and security question, if I click "sigh", it shows me like this

"Validation error: Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue."

So I tried without given name and then it works!

Thank you so much, you must save a lot of processing time for me :)

I saw you uploaded schedule A about 2weeks before, have you heard any message from CIC since then?

Last edited:

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oh Thank you so much !! Yeah I was worrying that if it would take so long through Web form.
So I tried as you show me very kindly.
But at the last step, I had an error when I put my give name and last name and security question, if I click "sigh", it shows me like this

"Validation error: Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue."

So I tried without given name and then it works!

Thank you so much, you must save a lot of processing time for me :)

I saw you uploaded schedule A about 2weeks before, have you heard any message from CIC since then?
Not yet, but when you upload it, the next day, on the main page of the application on the table where it says "additional documents" it changes to "additional documents have been uploaded". Most people have been hearing 3 weeks after uploading, so ~ 3 weeks after uploading, the Background Check in that table should change from 'Not applicable' to 'in process'.
Also, join our WhatsApp group (invite link in signature) to stay updated with a few of us who applied around the same time!

Reactions: luckyirene

luckyirene

Jun 26, 2017
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Not yet, but when you upload it, the next day, on the main page of the application on the table where it says "additional documents" it changes to "additional documents have been uploaded". Most people have been hearing 3 weeks after uploading, so ~ 3 weeks after uploading, the Background Check in that table should change from 'Not applicable' to 'in process'.
Also, join our WhatsApp group (invite link in signature) to stay updated with a few of us who applied around the same time!

Thank you so much for kind explanation again. Then you will get message soon :)
Sure I would love to join the whatsapp group. How can I join you guys?

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
I am a June 6th applicant and just received my AOR today!! :)
I didn't realize you had to get a police certificate for my husband as well? I got mine all sorted from Australia and Canada. Am I interpreting this correctly?

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”. This must be received at this office by: 2017/08/07