Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
you currently have valid status so technically you are not on implied status. i strongly believe you will have owp before august but let's just say you won't have it by then, you will be under implied status while waiting for your owp. you don't need to extend your visitor status if cic received your application before it expired.
Thank you so much for the quick and very helpful answer! Yay- one from less to fill out!!!!!

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi there,

I am in the same boat as you, I submitted my Schedule A and PCC via webform on like the 29th May and they were due 8th June... and havent heard anything about whether or not they have received it and nothing has changed in my CIC account.... stills says background check and next to it 'not applicable'
I have heard of people sending the stuff in the mail and then it updates however there is still some people that have done that and no changes.... It's so confusing ugh!
Hi!
I sent my Schedule A an PCC via web on April 10, I received an email confirming they received it on May 19 and my Background check "in progress" on June 15

Good luck!!

Last edited:

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
congratulations @novitakrnawn when is your landing interview scheduled? i'm guessing you're one of the lucky ones whose apps are so straight forward that they gave you dm right away! wow! you must be psyched!
Thank you! My original landing date is July 12 but i rescheduled it cause of vacation to July 27. I was so surprised we got it so early because me and husband, we're not that couple that already got married for a long time and has tons of relationship proofs. At one point i was so sure they're going to ask for more proofs but i guess i was wrong lol

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Thank you! My original landing date is July 12 but i rescheduled it cause of vacation to July 27. I was so surprised we got it so early because me and husband, we're not that couple that already got married for a long time and has tons of relationship proofs. At one point i was so sure they're going to ask for more proofs but i guess i was wrong lol
that's what i feel now.. me and my husband have been together since 2013, we were having a LDR, 2015 i came to canada and we were common-law, 2016 we got married. only officially married for a year this sunday actually. we didn't submit a lot of proof. i'm waiting for a request of more proof. lol. well apparently, you're wrong! be early on your landing! i heard it just takes 5-10 minutes and the earlier you are, the sooner you're outta there!

jnt2017

Apr 26, 2017
Hi I'm June 5th applicant!! This is exciting news for you!!! Since we applied so close together, if you ever want to stay in touch you can message me anytime
Thanks and same to you! All the best with the process :). I'm sure your AOR is on its way soon based on the timelines right now!

Reactions: honeymelon

jnt2017

Apr 26, 2017
Small update:

Yesterday when I'd linked our Application to the system I had a message waiting with the letter requesting the Schedule A and PCC. I just uploaded both to the system and submitted them, so now the waiting game resumes.

For what it was worth I tried linking the OWP App. today (which may have been a bit optimistic of me one day after the AOR lol). Of course it didn't work, so I'll give it a few days and try again.

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
that's what i feel now.. me and my husband have been together since 2013, we were having a LDR, 2015 i came to canada and we were common-law, 2016 we got married. only officially married for a year this sunday actually. we didn't submit a lot of proof. i'm waiting for a request of more proof. lol. well apparently, you're wrong! be early on your landing! i heard it just takes 5-10 minutes and the earlier you are, the sooner you're outta there!
We have similar relationship time actually. Me and husband got married at church and had reception on july 2016. I moved to canada on sept and legally married on october. So we were just married for 2 months when we sent the application lol happy early anniversary! Hopefully their process your application faster.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
We have similar relationship time actually. Me and husband got married at church and had reception on july 2016. I moved to canada on sept and legally married on october. So we were just married for 2 months when we sent the application lol happy early anniversary! Hopefully their process your application faster.
happy anniversary to both of you too! i got my non-accompanying son who will yet do a medical exam (which i'm still waiting for a request btw) so i'm not banking on having your luck. but yeah, i'm happy for you! one less application means a lot of us will be following soon.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
i have a random question. does anybody here have a non-accompanying dependant? did his/her name appear in the applicant table under applicant summary in mycic? because i only see my name there. i had an upfront medical exam for myself and it already reflected as passed in mycic but i haven't had a medical request for my son yet. i'm just figuring out if i should send an angry mob at the ircc office :p:D:rolleyes: just kidding.

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
you currently have valid status so technically you are not on implied status. i strongly believe you will have owp on or before august but let's just say you won't have it by then, you will be under implied status while waiting for your owp. you don't need to extend your visitor status if cic received your application before it expired.
... although I doubt I'll have an OWP by August - processing times for work permits are apparently 16 weeks at the moment... So I just wish to have one to be able to go visit my family over Christmas this all ;-)

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
... although I doubt I'll have an OWP by August - processing times for work permits are apparently 16 weeks at the moment... So I just wish to have one to be able to go visit my family over Christmas this all ;-)
hey you'll never know, most of us got our owp within 2 months. they only put 16 weeks to keep people off their backs. only a few really wait that long. think positive thoughts! but keep in mind, the owp is not a travel visa. it doesn't grant you re-entry to canada if you're going out of the country.

serena0210

Mar 17, 2017
hi guys!!

I applied on 18th of May and they got 23th of May.

I haven't got AOR yet...

Should I call to CIC ??

I saw people got aor who applied on 5/31. it is later than me...

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi Guys

Where is the best place to put the passport photograh. Should I put it in a sealed and label envelop in front of the application Or in the middle of the application in the order requested on the checklist

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Woohoo!! I checked myCIC account online, and it says I passed my medicals!!

Is that good? Thats good right? Sorry I want this process to get over quickly.

What would be the next steps or things to look for? SA?

Thanks!!

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi Guys

Where is the best place to put the passport photograh. Should I put it in a sealed and label envelop in front of the application Or in the middle of the application in the order requested on the checklist
Just yesterday someone's application was returned for missing photographs, although the photographs were there in the application! They were just hidden in an envelope. I recommend you skip the envelope. Put both photos on the IMM 008 form with a paper clip so that the photo is clearly visible when they go through the application in super fast speed.