+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Waitingonthemlike

Apr 19, 2017
Hi guys just wanted to share my timeline..
App received - 14 Dec 2016
AOR - 4 Jan 2017
no SA
no AIP
nothing for 6.5 months
DM plus landing interview letter by post - 26 Jun 2017

I was surprised i got it so early because i feel there's nothing special about my application so everything is possible! So keep praying and good luck to everyone!
Congrats am in the same time line as you....your just a month a head of me....did you apply using the old package? When did you submit medical? and how soon after did you get your DM? I did my medical a month ago so am just waiting for the next step so I think am pretty close and congrats again they are moving fast.

Reactions: Brittanyyyc

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi there, If you mean the Police check and Schedule A then yes i did :) I sent these by the Webform which they instructed in the letter i received to do..
I didnt need fingerprints just the police check for me was required
I thought they give to options to send online or mail right?

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
You don't need PCC from RCMP. You only need to look for RCMP designated company in canada where you can get your finger print done
I live in Whitehorse Canada and its only the RCMP we have here and they do fingerprint on scheduled dates. I was only asked for PCC I don't know if I need to get fingerprints done as well. Also can I mail to them when I get it all done? My deadline is 03/08/2017

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
The sponsor can put his passport if you think the birth certificate will complicate things. And btw, I don't think birth certificate is required for the sponsor. I think it's only the applicant that require birth certificate
Thanks very much. I was just worried by some posters saying their application got sent back for this reason ie @Vandave, mohamednbil179 and ayien05 see quotes below. I think I will just send it tomorrow without and pray for the best

"My application finally got returned to me.
In their letter showing that I am missing photo and birth certificates of all family members

but, obviously, photo are lost due to their fault
regarding birth certificates, anyone got your application returned due to 1 or couple documents?

I do not understand why do they accept the application and ask me to send what I am missing.

anyway, no meaning to complain about them, prepare to re-submit"

"SAME HERE!! mine got returned because they said i needed the BC ofmy relatives and my husbands too"

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
That's right, I didn't submit it and mine wasn't returned.
Thanks very much. I was just worried by some posters saying their application got sent back for this reason ie @Vandave, mohamednbil179 and ayien05 see quotes below. I think I will just send it tomorrow without and pray for the best

"My application finally got returned to me.
In their letter showing that I am missing photo and birth certificates of all family members

but, obviously, photo are lost due to their fault
regarding birth certificates, anyone got your application returned due to 1 or couple documents?

I do not understand why do they accept the application and ask me to send what I am missing.

anyway, no meaning to complain about them, prepare to re-submit"

"SAME HERE!! mine got returned because they said i needed the BC ofmy relatives and my husbands too"

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
I thought they give to options to send online or mail right?
Hi,

No, in my letter they send to send it via the case specific enquiry (Webform) They didnt say anything about sending in the mail. I know many people have done that but i wont just yet anyway.

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi,

No, in my letter they send to send it via the case specific enquiry (Webform) They didnt say anything about sending in the mail. I know many people have done that but i wont just yet anyway.
They gave me three options. Upload online, Webform and mail. How does the Webform work please?

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
Congrats am in the same time line as you....your just a month a head of me....did you apply using the old package? When did you submit medical? and how soon after did you get your DM? I did my medical a month ago so am just waiting for the next step so I think am pretty close and congrats again they are moving fast.
Yes i used the old package and medical was upfront.
I got no news from AOR which was on jan 4 until i got the letter by post on jun 27.
I think i was one of those lucky applicant as i think they're currently on jun/jul 2016 applications. But hopefully yours finish soon too!

Reactions: itsats

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
Hey!
Since my long wait just started (applied June 26th), I thought I'd join this and share my experience.
And (of course) I have a question, I have only found contradicting answers to so far:
I'm here on a visitor visa (from a visa exempt country, already once extended), which expires in August. I applied under Fam Class - Common Law- incl. an OWP. I was told I need a valid status while waiting for PR (extend my visitor visa), but does that also apply since I applied for an OWP? Does "implied status" apply to my case?

I've read different answers to that. And I'd like to know what's really true... After all I'll need to apply for an extension very soon...

Thanks so much! And good luck to everyone!!

Waitingonthemlike

Apr 19, 2017
Yes i used the old package and medical was upfront.
I got no news from AOR which was on jan 4 until i got the letter by post on jun 27.
I think i was one of those lucky applicant as i think they're currently on jun/jul 2016 applications. But hopefully yours finish soon too!
Haha sweet...hopefully am as lucky as you and everything work out pretty soon for me...congrant again and let us know how your landing interview goes.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hey!
Since my long wait just started (applied June 26th), I thought I'd join this and share my experience.
And (of course) I have a question, I have only found contradicting answers to so far:
I'm here on a visitor visa (from a visa exempt country, already once extended), which expires in August. I applied under Fam Class - Common Law- incl. an OWP. I was told I need a valid status while waiting for PR (extend my visitor visa), but does that also apply since I applied for an OWP? Does "implied status" apply to my case?

I've read different answers to that. And I'd like to know what's really true... After all I'll need to apply for an extension very soon...

Thanks so much! And good luck to everyone!!
you currently have valid status so technically you are not on implied status. i strongly believe you will have owp on or before august but let's just say you won't have it by then, you will be under implied status while waiting for your owp. you don't need to extend your visitor status if cic received your application before it expired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheraton_k

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi guys.. let's have a break and catch some of the good vibes from the 2016 inland thread. a lot of them are receiving SA, AIP, DM, and letters for landing interviews.. you might wanna bask in the celebrations in there. ;) just to boost our morale up a bit?

on another note, how's the weather up in your hoods? scary thunders here in calgary and raining. stay dry!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/page-972

Last edited:
Reactions: Aacon and EGH

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I got my OWP on April 3 and landing interview letter on June 26
congratulations @novitakrnawn when is your landing interview scheduled? i'm guessing you're one of the lucky ones whose apps are so straight forward that they gave you dm right away! wow! you must be psyched!