Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Tsawassen, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
@Vandave did u get ur AOR or not yet? i did not get mine so far
My application finally got returned to me.
In their letter showing that I am missing photo and birth certificates of all family members

but, obviously, photo are lost due to their fault
regarding birth certificates, anyone got your application returned due to 1 or couple documents?

I do not understand why do they accept the application and ask me to send what I am missing.

anyway, no meaning to complain about them, prepare to re-submit

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
are you sure? did you try calling them? were you able to link your owp online? april applicants have been receiving owp.. i was a feb10 applicant and i received my owp on april 21.
Yes I am sure, I called and they gave me my application number and all. I can not link it for some reason says they find no match online. When I call on the phone for the process of my app it says it's open and they haven't started on people who sent after january 26th...

angelitaliana

Jun 13, 2017
Hello
Thank you replying my earlier post.
I am preparing file to sponser my husband who lives with me in canada and is on his work permit.

My questions are-
1. Even though it is not mentioned in the checklist, is it necessary to include my recent pay stubs in the file? If yes then how many? Does cic ask for pay stubs later?
I am including recent notice of assessment and original job offer letter already.

2. Me and my husband recently opened new joint account in the bank to show we financially support each other. It shows our account balances. Now my (sponser) acc balance is lower than my husband. Does that matter? We prefer not to transfer his money into my account if possible.
Also are there any other documents that we can provide to show financial support? We don't have insurance policies or benefits from our employer.

Waiting for reply!
THANKS
I am a PhD student on scholarship and even though it is not necessary to have any minimum income to sponsor a spouse, I think that our lawyer did include my scholarship info in the application. However, that's just because my Schedule A for 2015 showed an income of $0 and he didn't want to raise an alarm - your 2016 notice of assessment should show that you DO make an income and that's likely sufficient.

I am a bit confused about what you mean by a joint account if you two have separate balances. We also have a joint account and we just have one balance.

arminmor

Aug 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know if the processing time for applications from Quebec is longer? If yes do you have an estimation how long?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know if the processing time for applications from Quebec is longer? If yes do you have an estimation how long?
The total length is not affected. You have some extra step and you pay a bit more, but the total time should be the same.

Reactions: arminmor

arminmor

Aug 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
The total length is not affected. You have some extra step and you pay a bit more, but the total time should be the same.
Our undertaking application for Quebec has been already approved and I have received my CSQ on April 5. Since then we are waiting for SA and AIP. I don't have any idea how long it takes but it has been for a while.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Our undertaking application for Quebec has been already approved and I have received my CSQ on April 5. Since then we are waiting for SA and AIP. I don't have any idea how long it takes but it has been for a while.
For us, we got SA and AIP after 19.5 months. DM came the following day. But of course, with the new processing time, you will get processed much faster than us. But still SA and AIP will appear quite at the end of the process. If you applied in January 2017, I would not expect SA and AIP before at least November, probably even December.

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
My application finally got returned to me.
In their letter showing that I am missing photo and birth certificates of all family members

but, obviously, photo are lost due to their fault
regarding birth certificates, anyone got your application returned due to 1 or couple documents?

I do not understand why do they accept the application and ask me to send what I am missing.

anyway, no meaning to complain about them, prepare to re-submit
may be mine will be returned , we gonna see what will happen ? i submit the pic and birth certificate , not child in my application so i submit one certificate, did u get ur application in normal mail or express ?

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone....
Just a little stressed about this submitting Schedule A and PCC business... i only uploaded it on the webform i never sent the originals in the mail. Has anyone else done this and they messaged and said they received it? I only ask because it was due June 8th and haven't heard anything about whether they received anything....
Thanks in advance!
I sent mine via Web Form (May 28) and via Mail (May 29) and I haven't heard about their destiny since.
MyCIC account still shows "Documents Requested".

I called them twice and both times they said that they are experiencing huge delay with uploading all documents and into their electronic system (whatever that is..). They said to me to wait until end of June and if nothing changes call them again.

Reactions: Emily89

jacobts

Jun 13, 2017
Hi everyone :)

App Received: Mar 28 2017
AOR: April 11 2017
OWP app received by CIC: April 18 2017

For the last week, my online portal has changed to show that 'additional documents are required... Check your messages below'.
However, I have received no messages. I have tried calling CIC 3 times but haven't succeeded in getting through to anyone due to 'exteremly high call volume'.

Should I keep trying to call them to find out more? Or does it often take a long time for accompanying messages to show on the portal?

Thanks so much for all being so helpful!

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi everyone :)

App Received: Mar 28 2017
AOR: April 11 2017
OWP app received by CIC: April 18 2017

For the last week, my online portal has changed to show that 'additional documents are required... Check your messages below'.
However, I have received no messages. I have tried calling CIC 3 times but haven't succeeded in getting through to anyone due to 'exteremly high call volume'.

Should I keep trying to call them to find out more? Or does it often take a long time for accompanying messages to show on the portal?

Thanks so much for all being so helpful!
If you call them they might just tell you what kind of document they have requested. I think it's probably Schedule A and PCC.
I called twice regarding this missing correspondence issue but both times the answer was unclear. Although the agent on the line assured me that the rest of communication would be fine.

PILGRIMPARTNER

May 11, 2017
Hey! I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it's takes cic to return an incomplete package. I feel I might made a big mistake with translating (not translating!) two documents (birth certificate and citizen card) from Italian to English and including an untranslated expired police check. I'm worried as my husbands status with IEC in Canada is invalid after July 27.
I want to
A) Find out how badly I messed up. Will this have my package sent back? It's comprehensible like French...
B) How long will it take to get the package back.
C) If it's going to be longer than 6weeks to here from CIC, what are my best routes to keep him legal to get a OWP.
Thanks

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Update: I tried calling CIC to get an update on my application. I couldn't get a hold of the agent obviously! The automated message said- Medical request has been sent, check your message for details. I called my rep right away and she said she did not see any requests. Is this a system error? I am calling CIC early morning tomorrow.
I saw a response in the thread that a medical request had been sent in error by CIC, but in your case tctt, it might be for real, so definitely check with CIC!! And good luck!

Reactions: tctt