+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Everybody who's waiting on their AOR, please join us in WhatsApp group!!!
Please, do not worry your information wouldn't be used for commercial or other purposes but for moral support only!

If you wanna join, please, PM me your cell number.

Reactions: Annjo89

Rn2713

May 10, 2017
There is even one from May 2 who's got his AOR on May 18 but it doesn't help much.
I've read that on the spreadsheet earlier on. Days ago someone called and said they are still processing April 4th applications. Hours ago someone said April 28th applications received their AOR. I know it doesn't help much but at least we are getting something.

manitsa

Mar 16, 2017
From a previous post, I think you already received your OWP, so you can work now. The timeline for CSQ request, I'm not sure. We got it after 10 months, almost 11. But now everything's processed much faster. I read (I don't remember on which thread) someone got CSQ request after 3 months. But, that was one case, I don't know if this is the new normal timeline or not.
I think that you can't work in Quebec without CSQ even if you have an OWP , no?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I think that you can't work in Quebec without CSQ even if you have an OWP , no?
Honestly, I don't know. My wife was on a study permit the whole time, we did not apply for the OWP, so I'm less familiar with rules related to the OWP. But my guess is that the OWP received through the spousal sponsorship does not require the CSQ, while other work permits (from other immigration category) would require it. The CSQ will come only later in the process. If I were you, I would call the MIDI to ask. It's much easier to get a line with the MIDI than with CIC.

Reactions: manitsa

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
some applications complete fast and some not, well prepared of paper works should be important. Any success cases players can let us know how the documents should be organized for faster process?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Urgent help needed:
A quick question everyone: I have not been back to my home country since 2015. A week before my flight back to Canada, I got my police certificate, got it officially translated into English and brought it with me to Canada. Can I use that PCC? I obtained PCC from Canada so that's good.
You can definitely use it. Most likely they won't ask for new one unless you have had criminal records before or they suspect that you might have criminal records. I got my from Russia in December 2013 and left Russia in June 2014. I applied in 2016 December and used this same police certificate. I called the IRCC agent and they told me I don't need to provide a new one.

My advice is send the old one with your application. If it is possible to get new one while still in Canada and cheaper too, just apply in case. This means that you don't have to wait for police report to submit your application. They mostly won't ask for new one.

Reactions: marrynated

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
There seems to be a drastic slowdown on how quickly AOR's have been sent out. Same with OWP's. I wonder if it had anything to do with the Parental and Grandparent's Visa lottery that was finished first week of May.

So far it has been 2 weeks since we sent everything for PCC and Sch A. Not a peep yet from IRCC. We will call on Friday to see if they received our files from either the CSE we sent or the hardcopies by mail.

leehen

Feb 7, 2017
CSQ is extra fee (277$), but not extra time. If you will still be living on the Quebec side of the river in 12 months, I would recommend to write gatineau or the place you currently live if not gatineay. If you plan to move in less than 12 months (expected processing time of the pr), then write Ottawa and attach a letter saying that you plan to move to Ottawa in x months.
I see... I think we gonna change to Gatineau if the total processing time is the same. Thanks for your help!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
I've read that on the spreadsheet earlier on. Days ago someone called and said they are still processing April 4th applications. Hours ago someone said April 28th applications received their AOR. I know it doesn't help much but at least we are getting something.
those are 2 separate things. The person was referring to the automated message saying they're currently working on applications sent up to april 4th. 2016.

As for the AOR.. its usually 30-60 days.

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Hi all.

Please help.

I sent in my application on 7 march 2017. Got SMS to say ircc received my application on 8 march. Got an email on 23 march with my application number and telling me to link my online account. I linked it the same day. Got another email on 28 march with a letter attached which says this confirms that your application has been received and you will receive further correspondence once your application is under review.

Is the letter I received on 28 march the AOR?

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Hi all.

Please help.

I sent in my application on 7 march 2017. Got SMS to say ircc received my application on 8 march. Got an email on 23 march with my application number and telling me to link my online account. I linked it the same day. Got another email on 28 march with a letter attached which says this confirms that your application has been received and you will receive further correspondence once your application is under review.

Is the letter I received on 28 march the AOR?
Second question...

I decided not to include a work permit application with my PR application. Still kicking myself for doing that.

Question is, when can I apply for a work permit? Can I do it now or must I wait till I am found eligible for permanent residence. If I need to wait, how long does it take to be found eligible for PR?

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Second question...

I decided not to include a work permit application with my PR application. Still kicking myself for doing that.

Question is, when can I apply for a work permit? Can I do it now or must I wait till I am found eligible for permanent residence. If I need to wait, how long does it take to be found eligible for PR?
Oh yes sorry for the 3 messages.

Just to let you know.

Since I received that letter on 28 march I have received no further correspondence whatsoever.

Is this normal?