27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
Hi everyone!
Just getting a little bit of anxiety worrying about this issue. Application was submitted March 27, 2017. Received emails from CIC, both me and my husband(sponsor) with our Application number as well as UCI numbers, was able to link the application..all on April 8, 2017. Still no requests for Schedule A or Police Checks, and I am just wondering if this is normal? Or if there are issues I should look into? My husband's ECAS says processing, mine just says application received. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
For those that were able to link their eCAS to their OWP, I think I have just been able to do so.

Just a couple of things confuse me though. Does the application number start in W and does the listed type of application become listed as "Online Application"?

cwyattbeck

Feb 27, 2017
Looking online today my OWP shows approved!!! I wasn't expecting that for another 2 months. Applied inland 2017-01-13, AOR 2007-02-02. Looking through the threads it appears quite a few others were approved recently too, so check your status too.

Also, I am from the USA. I have a Visitor Record that is set to expire April 24. I have applied to renew it, and the processing is 68 days out. Does anyone know now that I have a OWP do I need a visitor record? I was going to call immigration tomorrow, just wasn't looking forward to the hold time!

Good luck everyone!

longh0rn

Mar 16, 2017
Jiro said:
For those that were able to link their eCAS to their OWP, I think I have just been able to do so.

Just a couple of things confuse me though. Does the application number start in W and does the listed type of application become listed as "Online Application"?
I can confirm this.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
cwyattbeck said:
Looking online today my OWP shows approved!!! I wasn't expecting that for another 2 months. Applied inland 2017-01-13, AOR 2007-02-02. Looking through the threads it appears quite a few others were approved recently too, so check your status too.

Also, I am from the USA. I have a Visitor Record that is set to expire April 24. I have applied to renew it, and the processing is 68 days out. Does anyone know now that I have a OWP do I need a visitor record? I was going to call immigration tomorrow, just wasn't looking forward to the hold time!

Good luck everyone!
OWP supersedes the visitor record. Once you get the paper copy of the OWP, you should have an expiry date. That is now your period of stay. Congratulations! I am also hoping my spouse can get her OWP soon so she can get basic amenities started like provincial health insurance!

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
longh0rn said:
I can confirm this.
Thanks longh0rn. I was really confused when that popped up the first time.

cwyattbeck

Feb 27, 2017
Jiro said:
OWP supersedes the visitor record. Once you get the paper copy of the OWP, you should have an expiry date. That is now your period of stay. Congratulations! I am also hoping my spouse can get her OWP soon so she can get basic amenities started like provincial health insurance!
Thanks for the followup. Not sure where you are but in Alberta they gave me insurance with a visitor record, couldn't believe it! I called and told them my VR expires in a couple days and it will be 60 some days till I get a new one. They took my app # and payment confirmation # and granted me a 90 day extension till everything comes through. They have been so amazing.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
cwyattbeck said:
Thanks for the followup. Not sure where you are but in Alberta they gave me insurance with a visitor record, couldn't believe it! I called and told them my VR expires in a couple days and it will be 60 some days till I get a new one. They took my app # and payment confirmation # and granted me a 90 day extension till everything comes through. They have been so amazing.
We're in Ontario. I am paying private medical insurance until the OWP gets in and we can apply for a federal social insurance number. Here in Ontario, they need the SIN and provincial residency proof before giving provincial medical insurancde

Waitingonthemlike

Apr 19, 2017
:'(hello everyone

apply on December 23,2016 with openwork permit receive acknowledgment of receipt 30/12/2016...nothing after that...now am seeing ppl getting open work permit and such....starting to get a little anxious as my status has been expire since march2017 so am currently on employed status ..... anyone else waiting like me? I feel alone here and very nerve rocking.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
With the AOR, you should have an UCI and application number. It would be about time to pick up the phone and call to ask.

shema_3

Jun 17, 2011
browning911 said:
Same thing happened to me.

The sent out two batch e-mails in June 2016 which I never received. One requested requesting new forms, IMM5406 and IMM5669 (I had 30 days to respond) and the other e-mail was AOR2. I never got the e-mails and never realized this until I requested GCMS notes in Sept 2016.

I contacted IRCC via call center to inform them and to ask them to resend the e-mail since I never received them. I also sent several CSE requesting that they resend the e-mail. Eventually they did resend the e-mail, though it took while. Whilst I was waiting I resent the requested forms. Unfortunately I did not have the letter requesting the forms. CIC made another request for forms in October 2016 and again in January 2016 (my fault because I had not filled them out completely).

No I do not think you need to sign in front of a Government approved official. Someone else who completed the 2017 Schedule forms forms can clarify that.

Keep trying to call CIC at the call center but also send a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.
Thanks for the response... you are appreciated!

kgebhardt

Dec 26, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
cwyattbeck said:

Good luck everyone!
Congrats on OWP!!! It seems they just batched them up and approved them today? It's only been 20 days since AOR for me. Whatever!!! Woooo!

As far as anyone else... I was on the phone with CIC for the third time today and they just told me to upload schedule a thru the ircc webform or mail it... I just did the web form. Takes 10 days for that and who knows how long for mail so... I'll save some money on Canada post and they give you a email confirmation after submitting online..

Waitingonthemlike

Apr 19, 2017
Jiro said:
With the AOR, you should have an UCI and application number. It would be about time to pick up the phone and call to ask.
yes profiler I receiver a application number already....just no OWP and next week will make 4month since I have submitted my application

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
So, I have been having very similar issues here. I got my AOR on March 27th, was able to link my application right away, but no Schedule A request. I have been calling IRCC like once a week. The answer was always the same: We can see a request for SA, so just submit your file via our web-form. I did that right away. No response for almost 3 weeks, but yesterday I finally got an email from them saying: we can confirm that you file is currently located at a visa office outside of Canada (whaaaaat???? I applied inland... :eek:). So they advised me choose an office outside of Canada and deal with them. I contacted my Ukrainian office, they replied right away, and they said: your file is in Mississauga and we have nothing to do with it. The only good thing was that they finally attached my request for Schedule A, which was dated March 27th (so yaaay, I guess). No messages in Mycic account whatsoever. So today I called IRCC again and they said that they received my Schedule A 2 weeks ago when I sent it via web-form and everything is OK, however they advised me to report a technical issue again so that I can get messages online in the future.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yulia V said:
So, I have been having very similar issues here. I got my AOR on March 27th, was able to link my application right away, but no Schedule A request. I have been calling IRCC like once a week. The answer was always the same: We can see a request for SA, so just submit your file via our web-form. I did that right away. No response for almost 3 weeks, but yesterday I finally got an email from them saying: we can confirm that you file is currently located at a visa office outside of Canada (whaaaaat???? I applied inland... :eek:). So they advised me choose an office outside of Canada and deal with them. I contacted my Ukrainian office, they replied right away, and they said: your file is in Mississauga and we have nothing to do with it. The only good thing was that they finally attached my request for Schedule A, which was dated March 27th (so yaaay, I guess). No messages in Mycic account whatsoever. So today I called IRCC again and they said that they received my Schedule A 2 weeks ago when I sent it via web-form and everything is OK, however they advised me to report a technical issue again so that I can get messages online in the future.
You're not the first that has said this recently. If you want to check that it's a mistake (because that would be a major policy shit, to send inland apps outside of Canada), you can call the call centre to verify what office has the file. They can tell you this...