+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
Inlandspouse said:
I had the same problem for the past three months. Two days ago, was able to talk to a very nice person from IRCC and he said to write (2) in the space for number of people or family members even though I was the only single person. It worked for me. You should try
Hey Thanks!! It did work for me :)

Aslaug

Mar 22, 2017
Hi All, I received my AOR on the 13th, but haven't been asked to add my Schedule A or any other documents yet.
Anyone else have similar issues? Orisk I think you were the same, any luck yet? itsats how about you?
itsats said:
<<<<-------We almost have the same timeline aslaug! I also sent my OWP application together with the PR application. My student visa expired on March 15 so I'm guessing I'm under implied status now. They have neither sent me any correspondence about the OWP nor my application was returned (Hopefully not!). From what I read, they will not mention anything about OWP until they send you the actual OWP. It takes more or less 4 months. they If all goes well, we will receive our OWP sometime on June.

WH

Mar 28, 2017
Hi guys, I applied for common law sponsorship in-land feb 8th, 2017. I've received correspondence on the 20th of march, 2017. They requested that I submit a new checklist at this time, I've already did that, but anyone knows what does that mean? Or was requested to do the same? Is it going to affect my timeline or the process? I haven't received my application number as well.

Thank you

Aslaug

Mar 22, 2017
WH said:
Hi guys, I applied for common law sponsorship in-land feb 8th, 2017. I've received correspondence on the 20th of march, 2017. They requested that I submit a new checklist at this time, I've already did that, but anyone knows what does that mean? Or was requested to do the same? Is it going to affect my timeline or the process? I haven't received my application number as well.

Thank you
WH did you supply the old or new checklist (brought in late Dec 2016 i think)? That could be one reason, or perhaps you missed a section in the checklist?

WH

Mar 28, 2017
Aslaug said:
WH did you supply the old or new checklist (brought in late Dec 2016 i think)? That could be one reason, or perhaps you missed a section in the checklist?
I did apply with the new checklist and everything was submitted

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Aslaug said:
Hi All, I received my AOR on the 13th, but haven't been asked to add my Schedule A or any other documents yet.
Anyone else have similar issues? Orisk I think you were the same, any luck yet? itsats how about you?
I applied end of January, received AOR mid-Feb and just got asked to upload Schedule A.

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
joannet said:
I applied end of January, received AOR mid-Feb and just got asked to upload Schedule A.
But I'm also in Quebec, so not sure how that affects all the timelines.

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
sylwia said:
We had trouble finding that as well. If you log into CIC and go to your application and click "Check status and messages", theres another blue button on the bottom of the page which says "View Submitted Application". This button leads you to a page for submitting documents.
Hi,

I have the same issue - I click on the "View Submitted Application" but I don't have the option to upload anything. Has anyone else had the same issue?

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC received my application on March 3rd. I received AOR on March 27.
I have not been asked to upload Schedule A, or background check. When I login to mycic profile and click on the blue bottom "View submitted Application" it is empty table, no where to upload anything. Can someone more experience tell me what's going on?

Also it says no medical exam, no interview, no background check is needed. Why?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
joannet said:
But I'm also in Quebec, so not sure how that affects all the timelines.
The timeline should not be affected, at least according to what they say. But you will have some extra fees (CSQ) that are not present in other provinces.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
joannet said:
Hi,

I have the same issue - I click on the "View Submitted Application" but I don't have the option to upload anything. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Hi Joannet,

I had a similar issue. I was able to link my myCIC application, but there was no message in there requesting documents. When i checked ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do it said that a letter requesting documents was sent to me. But like i said before i never recd it. So I called CIC 4-5 times until I was able to talk to someone, and they said thats odd, but they have been updating their online system so it might a glitch and that a lot of people are having the same issue. So I asked the agent what was required, and i sent them in yesterday.

PS I realised after a week on linking my account that this message was in ECAS

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
abcdmud said:
Hi Joannet,

I had a similar issue. I was able to link my myCIC application, but there was no message in there requesting documents. When i checked ECAS it said that a letter requesting documents was sent to me. But like i said before i never recd it. So I called CIC 4-5 times until I was able to talk to someone, and they said thats odd, but they have been updating their online system so it might a glitch and that a lot of people are having the same issue. So I asked the agent what was required, and i sent them in yesterday.

PS I realised after a week on linking my account that this message was in ECAS
Good to know, thank you. I don't have a message on ECAS yet, and in the letter it said I should be submitting Schedule A by March 27, 2017, even though the letter is dated March 28, 2017. I will call a bit later today and investigate. Did you send your documents through the documents requested option, or the case inquiry option or by mail?

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Morning Everyone, It seems CIC is moving along fairly well with our Application.

I got a question... This Morning my Lawyer received from CIC a request letter asking for a Police Check from the Country I Lived in the longest (America-FBI) I have sent them my Fingerprint Card and request for a Police check.. (process time for the FBI 15 weeks) AND The country I am currently living in ( Canada))... I thought we didn't have to do one for Canada because CIC would do it ..SO Can anyone tell me where to go in Ontario Canada for a Police Check for Canada ?? RCMP?? and does my Canadian Wife (my sponsor) also need one From Canada and the U.S... We were told ONLY the Applicant (me) needed the police checks and only From the country I moved here from (America)

Id ask this so called Lawyer we have but she is beyond lost.. what a waist of money hiring this person...

Thanks

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
WOLFHAWK said:
Morning Everyone, It seems CIC is moving along fairly well with our Application.

I got a question... This Morning my Lawyer received from CIC a request letter asking for a Police Check from the Country I Lived in the longest (America-FBI) I have sent them my Fingerprint Card and request for a Police check.. (process time for the FBI 15 weeks) AND The country I am currently living in ( Canada))... I thought we didn't have to do one for Canada because CIC would do it ..SO Can anyone tell me where to go in Ontario Canada for a Police Check for Canada ?? RCMP?? and does my Canadian Wife (my sponsor) also need one From Canada and the U.S... We were told ONLY the Applicant (me) needed the police checks and only From the country I moved here from (America)

Id ask this so called Lawyer we have but she is beyond lost.. what a waist of money hiring this person...

Thanks
Hi,

For some reason I am not allowed to post links, but if you google "cic police certificate," the first page should give you more information.

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
joannet said:
Hi,

Same here AOR:march 17th, able to linked online: march 20th, SA: march 22nd

but still get nothing in mycic account about uploading Schedule A, oddddd

We sent you correspondence on March 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.