+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

inder1982

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Please Help here. I am going to sponsor my wife from india within a month. (Both were married and divorced, once) and I have sufficient funds and all the required documents etc. Question is Do I need to fill Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5481 E) and Finanacial Evaluation (IMM 1283) ?? the reason why i am asking this question is, on CIC website it shows like this

•Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 742.74 KB), only if you are sponsoring your dependent child who has no dependent children of his or her own. Unless instructed otherwise, if you live in Quebec, you don’t need to fill out this form.

•Financial Evaluation [IMM 1283] (PDF, 1.24 MB), only if you are sponsoring a dependent child who has a dependent child. Unless instructed otherwise, if you live in Quebec, you don’t need to fill out this form.

[ please help ... because when I open the form, there is information which might be needed to CIC, I am confused please someone help here

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
karlos_macca said:
I received my AOR email a few weeks ago, and uploaded my Schedule A immediately. Whats the next step? Just waiting?
Did you get the application number with AOR email ?? and how many days they take to send AOR ?

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi all, I am planning to apply for Spousal sponsorship, spouse already in Canada.
My question is, Which method is good and fast for Open work permit?
a) If you have not submitted your sponsorship application: Put the sponsorship, permanent residence and open work permit applications into one envelope.
b) If your permanent residence application has not yet received approval in principle: Send your open work permit application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V), Alberta.
c) If your permanent residence application has been approved in principle: You can apply online or on paper for an open work permit. (CIC Website)
She want to apply: Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada

Please share your advise and experience, thanks in advance.

Reactions: Lmac4

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Source_Of_Smile said:
Hi all, I am planning to apply for Spousal sponsorship, spouse already in Canada.
a) If you have not submitted your sponsorship application: Put the sponsorship, permanent residence and open work permit applications into one envelope.
b) If your permanent residence application has not yet received approval in principle: Send your open work permit application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V), Alberta.
c) If your permanent residence application has been approved in principle: You can apply online or on paper for an open work permit. (CIC Website)
She want to apply: Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada

The first option. You submit your application for open work permit together with everything else.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Source_Of_Smile said:

Option A is the best for inland spousal sponsorship

Aslaug

Mar 22, 2017
Hi Source_Of_Smile,

We applied for my Common Law PR Feb 8th (with OWP) and I received the AOR on the 13th March, with my work visa expiring April 10th.
According to CIC's processing times it takes ~102 days to process the paper work visas, so I have a little while to wait yet, but hoping around end of May 2017. Assuming Implied status in the meant time.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
Hi Guys,

We applied for spousal sponsorship on Mar 9th and it reached them on Mar 10th 2017. We got our AOR stating the application number today. It asked us to link it online but however I am unable to do that..any suggestions??...tried multiple combinations but didn't get through !!

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
preeti.msingh109 said:
Hi Guys,

We applied for spousal sponsorship on Mar 9th and it reached them on Mar 10th 2017. We got our AOR stating the application number today. It asked us to link it online but however I am unable to do that..any suggestions??...tried multiple combinations but didn't get through !!
I had the same problem for the past three months. Two days ago, was able to talk to a very nice person from IRCC and he said to write (2) in the space for number of people or family members even though I was the only single person. It worked for me. You should try

Shawn17

Apr 1, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for replying to all my questions.

Now i have another question in regards to Inland spousal sponsorship, hope anyone of you can answer me.

1. Under IMM5533 Document Checklist (7th) question : If you are currently living together please provide the documentation from below 3 options

a. Joint ownership or rental agreements
b. Proof of joint utilties bill.
c. Important documents where it shows both sponsor and the applicant are living in the same address.

For option (a) we are living with our parents and we don't have an official document about the rent or lease. For even option (b) we dont have any utilites bill.

Can someone help me on this.is there any alternative solution for this ?

Thanks,
Shwan

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Aslaug said:
Hi Source_Of_Smile,

We applied for my Common Law PR Feb 8th (with OWP) and I received the AOR on the 13th March, with my work visa expiring April 10th.
According to CIC's processing times it takes ~102 days to process the paper work visas, so I have a little while to wait yet, but hoping around end of May 2017. Assuming Implied status in the meant time.

<<<<-------We almost have the same timeline aslaug! I also sent my OWP application together with the PR application. My student visa expired on March 15 so I'm guessing I'm under implied status now. They have neither sent me any correspondence about the OWP nor my application was returned (Hopefully not!). From what I read, they will not mention anything about OWP until they send you the actual OWP. It takes more or less 4 months. they If all goes well, we will receive our OWP sometime on June.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Hi every one,
I was just told of the "Spousal Sponsorship in-land thread" thanks "prvc" for the info ! I've been asking questions on threads I started ,, wish I had Known of this thread much sooner !

Warning.. My sponsor (wife) and I are beyond being confused by the whole CIC process, we are both fairly old (60s) and hard headed so we tend to ask allot of questions.. ASKING this so called Lawyer we hired is a joke !!

Can someone tell me What does this mean?
assuming you are in status in Canada when you apply).
seems there are many "statuses"

So that I can understand what "status" I am in at this moment Ill share A Brief history

I came back into Canada as a visitor From The US In Oct 2016 so that I could help my wife handle a family emergency, She is the Canadian part of our marriage THE BEST PART LOL. She come back to Canada from the states in May 2016 due to the family emergency and hasn't left..

Skip forward to Feb of this year. We decided that my wife NEEDS to stay here in Canada and that I need to Immigrate to Canada. WE applied inland thru a so called Lawyers office in Ontario.
CIC received our Complete Application Package the 3rd of March 2017, I also applied for a WP and OWP along with my application, We have yet to hear much back from CIC,

So I GUESS I am in a status of some sort YES?? Someone told me That I am in "Implied status", but I hear that is a miss conception, so for the moment I am just lost in space. lol

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can tell me what I am.. well what Status I am in at the moment!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
Hi every one,
I was just told of the "Spousal Sponsorship in-land thread" thanks "prvc" for the info ! I've been asking questions on threads I started ,, wish I had Known of this thread much sooner !

Warning.. My sponsor (wife) and I are beyond being confused by the whole CIC process, we are both fairly old (60s) and hard headed so we tend to ask allot of questions.. ASKING this so called Lawyer we hired is a joke !!

Can someone tell me What does this mean?
assuming you are in status in Canada when you apply).
seems there are many "statuses"

So that I can understand what "status" I am in at this moment Ill share A Brief history

I came back into Canada as a visitor From The US In Oct 2016 so that I could help my wife handle a family emergency, She is the Canadian part of our marriage THE BEST PART LOL. She come back to Canada from the states in May 2016 due to the family emergency and hasn't left..

Skip forward to Feb of this year. We decided that my wife NEEDS to stay here in Canada and that I need to Immigrate to Canada. WE applied inland thru a so called Lawyers office in Ontario.
CIC received our Complete Application Package the 3rd of March 2017, I also applied for a WP and OWP along with my application, We have yet to hear much back from CIC,

So I GUESS I am in a status of some sort YES?? Someone told me That I am in "Implied status", but I hear that is a miss conception, so for the moment I am just lost in space. lol

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can tell me what I am.. well what Status I am in at the moment!
You asked a question regarding status in the 2016 inland thread. I basically answered you there.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
You asked a question regarding status in the 2016 inland thread. I basically answered you there.
LOL Profiler.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi all,

Im am done with filling out my Schedule A form, but it does not let me validate it.

It sayd that i need to put an end year to my ongoing work experience.

How do i go about fixing this issue?

Reactions: mcrystald

Marina93

Dec 2, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
31-01-2018
abcdmud said:
Hi all,

Im am done with filling out my Schedule A form, but it does not let me validate it.

It sayd that i need to put an end year to my ongoing work experience.

How do i go about fixing this issue?
Most likely you have an outdated version of the form. Same thing happened to me with that form. Just go to the site and download the new one then fill it out and it should validate without issue.