+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Cic started reviewing my eligibility on oct 15 . With past experiences m so negative . Now I feel like I will be hanging up in between . I wish it finish soon . :(
@jeet07 maybe because you were reporting to CBSA they have an extra step before sending the letter but I’m pretty sure it is your AIP coming. It is a positive sign!!!
You’re almost there, super close, don’t loose your hopes.

Reactions: Danish1371

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Updating my timeline with great news:

I was out of status for almost 1 year when applied so didn’t apply for OWP.

Application Received: Dec 18, 2017.
AOR Applicant: Jan 30, 2018.
AOR Sponsor: Jan 31, 2018.
Schedule A uploaded: Jan 31, 2018.
Medical Request: Jun 13, 2018.
Medical passed: Jun 27, 2018.
AIP: Oct 18, 2018.
DM: Oct 18, 2018.
SA: Oct 18, 2018.
Landing: Oct 19, 2018. - scheduled Nov 8th Calgary office.

We went today to the registry to apply for an Alberta Health Card with the letters and had no problems.

Thank you everyone for every single post.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Another update, just got the DM letter in my email.
" This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Kitchener IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."
Super excited! I can't believe all this waiting is almost over!
My cic account still says "We are processing your background check" and "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." but I guess it takes a while to be updated.

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hey guys

I have a quick question. We applied for OWP for my husband alongwith his residency. His landing interview will be on Oct 24th and as OWP is not yet issued can we ask for refund after he gets his COPR on 24th???

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Any else’s who dealt with there file being transfer to Etobicoke
Hi @Missnana they didn’t send you sponsor approval letter yet?? I think u will get decision soon . Was u r file was in Vancouver??? And if y r in Toronto area they send it to local offices . And etibicoke office will send u letters

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hi @Missnana they didn’t send you sponsor approval letter yet?? I think u will get decision soon . Was u r file was in Vancouver??? And if y r in Toronto area they send it to local offices . And etibicoke office will send u letters
Hey @jeet07 if this type of file transfer before get anything that’s mean it’s end up on relationships interview! Btw that’s not a big deal, as long as relationship is genuine

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
O
Hey @jeet07 if this type of file transfer before get anything that’s mean it’s end up on relationships interview! Btw that’s not a big deal, as long as relationship is genuine
oh ok I don’t know much about it . But I thought she got already decision made on sponsor side so next will be AIP