+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
Just got SA, AIP, DM for July applicant! So happy!

Timeline:
Application received, July 14, 2017
AOR, August 8, 2017
Medical exam, April, 2018
SA, AIP, May 31, 2018
DM, June 1, 2018
Im July 24, cant wait, checking ecas like crazy. what province are you? I know my application is sended to Vancuver, but im in ontario. Im waiting for GSMC notes to have more updated informations.

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I am a December 2017 applicant and I received my medical request and fingerprint request a few days ago May 28. Very happy that my case progressing!

Does anyone know what to do if you can't take your medical within 30 days because of the wait time at the doctors office?
Also, I am not sure if any of the other panel physicians have a shorter wait time, as I want to go to the clinic closest to me. Is it mandatory to go to a different one further away if the wait time is shorter (and does not exceed the 30 days)?

Last edited:

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I am a December 2017 applicant and I received my medical request and fingerprint request a few days ago May 28. Very happy that my case progressing!

Does anyone know what to do if you can't take your medical within 30 days because of the wait time at the doctors office?
Also, I am not sure if any of the other panel physicians have a shorter wait time, as I want to go to the clinic closest to me. Is it mandatory to go to a different one further away if the wait time is shorter (and does not exceed the 30 days)?
Hi can I know which province u r ? Because I am in Vancouver and I had options for appointment . I got request on 23 and I have done medical 30 may

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM

Yay! Medical requests fpr Dec 2017 are coming.

Anyway, what I know is you have to complete the medical request within the given time frame.

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018

The closest one to me was the Kelowna Dr in BC. the soonest I could get in was 2 months! Everywhere else was more than 4 hours drive for me which IRCC can sometimes give exceptions for if you are that far away from any of the physicians they provide. So I called IRCC and asked what I should do: apply for an exemption to have it done locally by a physician not on their list, drive for 5 hours to get to one that had an open spot within the 30 days, or apply for a time extension for the one in Kelowna. The person on the phone told me that this happens often and that I should apply for a time extension as it would not cause a delay in my application due to me having months to go until the 12 month mark anyway. He said that they pretty much never deny a request for a time extension and that I should submit one through webform. So I did that and they never responded to me but I did my medical a few weeks ago finally and now it shows as med passed on my account. So my advice would be to ask for an extension as it is the easiest option on your part.

Reactions: iamvenus

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
The closest one to me was the Kelowna Dr in BC. the soonest I could get in was 2 months! Everywhere else was more than 4 hours drive for me which IRCC can sometimes give exceptions for if you are that far away from any of the physicians they provide. So I called IRCC and asked what I should do: apply for an exemption to have it done locally by a physician not on their list, drive for 5 hours to get to one that had an open spot within the 30 days, or apply for a time extension for the one in Kelowna. The person on the phone told me that this happens often and that I should apply for a time extension as it would not cause a delay in my application due to me having months to go until the 12 month mark anyway. He said that they pretty much never deny a request for a time extension and that I should submit one through webform. So I did that and they never responded to me but I did my medical a few weeks ago finally and now it shows as med passed on my account. So my advice would be to ask for an extension as it is the easiest option on your part.
Yeah the kelowna office is a joke! I got a friend to drive me to Vancouver but man it cost me

pius88

Mar 21, 2018
Finally received decision made letter today. my timeline:
March 02, 2017 received application
May 18,2018 SA/AIP passed. I received SA letter but no aip letter. MY cic is updated to eligibility passed.
June 01, 2018- decision made.
Now waiting for the landing interview. Landing in Etobicoke. Thank you for this forum.. it's been a great help for me.

Carman Lee

Jun 1, 2018
Hi all, I am new here. Inland application in Alberta.
My application was received at 28th March 2017, body check passed at September 2017. Since then nothing updated.
It's almost been 14months, completely drive me crazy.
Minutes ago I found out my ECAS changed to "In Process", is it a good sign?

Last edited: