+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Today marks 1 year since CIC received my application (May 1). I received a message today saying: "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence" - forgive my ignorance, but this is "eligibility passed", correct?

Unfortunately, I'm painfully aware that my application is delayed due to waiting on a police certificate from another country I lived in. CIC explained to me that they cannot move forward with processing my background check until they receive it (should be here 1-2 weeks). I have no idea how much longer it will take after they get it!! It's very frustrating - has anyone else had an experience like this? Any thoughts on how quickly things might move once they have that one police certificate? I'm hoping it won't be significantly delayed, but the agent on the phone made it seem like there would still be a lot to do after they receive it.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Today marks 1 year since CIC received my application (May 1). I received a message today saying: "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence" - forgive my ignorance, but this is "eligibility passed", correct?

Unfortunately, I'm painfully aware that my application is delayed due to waiting on a police certificate from another country I lived in. CIC explained to me that they cannot move forward with processing my background check until they receive it (should be here 1-2 weeks). I have no idea how much longer it will take after they get it!! It's very frustrating - has anyone else had an experience like this? Any thoughts on how quickly things might move once they have that one police certificate? I'm hoping it won't be significantly delayed, but the agent on the phone made it seem like there would still be a lot to do after they receive it.
That’s AIP. You will receive DM in couple of days or weeks.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I'm May 11, 2017 In land. ! No decision made. Still processing my background check. Haven't even started reviewing my eligibility!!! It seems it's gonna take a lot more than 12 months!!

Reactions: YousifBreesam

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018

if you passed all the other admissibilities (security and medical) then it shouldn’t take much longer. i’d say a couple of extra weeks after they receive the police certificate.

Last edited:

vanprincess93

Jan 27, 2018
Hello guys, I'd like to give you guys an update on my status (not sure if anybody cares though LOL) and I hope this can help you anyways.
It seems like a lot of you struggle with eligiblity status, background check and etc.. on CIC, and I'd like to tell you guys not to rely on them too much since they will stress you out and it is not 100% up to date. In my case, I received my landing letter last Friday, and today, I received another email regarding an interview set up to finalize my PR application in 2 weeks. Then, I went on my CIC account to check if there is any update but it still shows the same as it did ever since I got my medical exam done. Here is the status on my CIC account as of now:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I guess not everyone has the same process going through and my case may not be common but I don't think you need to worry about what the status says on CIC too much! I know it is frustrating to wait and I have gone through the entire process as well, but I'd like to give you guys some hope that you will get your PR soon!

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I sent my application today. But unfortunately I made couple of mistakes:

A). I forgot to tick 'Country specific requirements ' on the checklist. I was supposed to tick and write NA but I forgot both.

B). In additional family information, we forgot to write names in native language.

Will my application be returned?

If yes, I also submitted application for Open work permit. Will that be returned as well?

Thanks in advance

T.

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
Hi guys! My sponsor received DM for sponsorship, but my side still shows "application received" in ECAS. MyCIC shows that my background check is being processed, and they are reviewing my eligibility. I passed my medical about a month ago. Anyone know how long it might be before DM on my side? It's been about 2 weeks since my background check went into "in process". I appreciate any responses!

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
For those who are struggling to speak to a real person when you call Immigration, here is how I usually do it:

First, make sure you have your CASE NUMBER in hand.

Number to call: ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬
*When the machine starts talking*
For English: press 1
Information of process: press 1
Information of status: press 1
your application type PR: press 2

Now it will ask the application number (you enter it) then it will ask the year of birth.

Once you put the correct information the machine will start saying the processing time (WAIT until she asks if you’ve wish to listen to your status) then press 1...

It will give all the most recent updates of you process and when it is done it will ask if you wish to speak to an agent, you press 0, now you will be on hold (it can take 20-30 min )

Im not sure if there is any shortcut but I always do it and works, you will get to listen to your most recent updates which in my case helped a lot (I have a consultant and because of that I can’t have access to the CGKey)

Hope it helps!!

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
For those who are struggling to speak to a real person when you call Immigration, here is how I usually do it:

First, make sure you have your CASE NUMBER in hand.

Number to call: ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬
*When the machine starts talking*
For English: press 1
Information of process: press 1
Information of status: press 1
your application type PR: press 2

Now it will ask the application number (you enter it) then it will ask the year of birth.

Once you put the correct information the machine will start saying the processing time (WAIT until she asks if you’ve wish to listen to your status) then press 1...

It will give all the most recent updates of you process and when it is done it will ask if you wish to speak to an agent, you press 0, now you will be on hold (it can take 20-30 min )

Im not sure if there is any shortcut but I always do it and works, you will get to listen to your most recent updates which in my case helped a lot (I have a consultant and because of that I can’t have access to the CGKey)

Hope it helps!!
Im doing exactly what you said and each time when I press zero to speak with the agent its a high volume of calls and they dont even ask to wait 20-30 min the call is canceled:/ when are you calling usually?

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Im doing exactly what you said and each time when I press zero to speak with the agent its a high volume of calls and they dont even ask to wait 20-30 min the call is canceled:/ when are you calling usually?
From my experience, trying to time your call to get through all of the automated stuff by approximately 9am EST will usually get you through!

Reactions: justyna123

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I always call at the end of their hours, around 3:40pm! Every time I call in the morning they say it’s too busy

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I'm May 11, 2017 In land. ! No decision made. Still processing my background check. Haven't even started reviewing my eligibility!!! It seems it's gonna take a lot more than 12 months!!
Im March 2017 and still waiting, unfortunately it seems like some have to wait more than others