+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

amitabh15

Apr 13, 2018
what do you mean by restrictions? Are they case-specific?
I have a question. Did you apply for another work permit to remove the restrictions? I'm still contemplating whether I would or wait for my PR bec I also work in the healthcare field but currently on maternity leave.
Is your medical done for PR?. My wife had same issue with being a teacher. 4-6 weeks after her medical for PR was recieved by CIC. We drove to the border in alberta-montana. They updated her visa and removed restrictions in 5 mins. No additional cost or re-application. The medical was in their system. They destroyed the previous visa and printed a new one without restriction. It was that simple. She still hasn't got her PR and working as a teacher now.

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

Ido.Noa16

Nov 3, 2017
Today I got my owp approval. Such a long way for this owp thing. First I sent it together with my PR app last October 26, 2017 but due to insufficient fund it was sent back on December 2017. I got out of status as my student permit expired last October 30 2017. In addition, my passport is expiring this July 2018. However, I paid the missing amount and sent my app even if I was out of status and Vegreville recieved it last January 8th 2018. Then at that same month, I restored my status. February I got approved in restoration of status and by March I got my new passport. I sent an updated copy of my passport and study permit through webform but the response was quite not right for me. So I sent a mail copy of my passport and study permit. Today, I got approved.
Congrats!! that is really similar to my husband's situation. His OWP got returned for insufficient funds on Feb. 7th, a week after his visitor status expired. We sent another OWP application, and only after realized we needed to apply for restoration of status, so we sent that in too. How long did your status restoration take?

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Congrats!! that is really similar to my husband's situation. His OWP got returned for insufficient funds on Feb. 7th, a week after his visitor status expired. We sent another OWP application, and only after realized we needed to apply for restoration of status, so we sent that in too. How long did your status restoration take?
It took them 12days to approved my restoration. It was fast in my case.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Is your medical done for PR?. My wife had same issue with being a teacher. 4-6 weeks after her medical for PR was recieved by CIC. We drove to the border in alberta-montana. They updated her visa and removed restrictions in 5 mins. No additional cost or re-application. The medical was in their system. They destroyed the previous visa and printed a new one without restriction. It was that simple. She still hasn't got her PR and working as a teacher now.
Oh wow, really? We're from Alberta and one of the senior members here suggested flagpoling. Can you please give me the details about your wife's experience? I will have several questions for sure but this enlightened me.

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Did you receive accusé de réception? I think you need to call them

I submitted application for CSQ Febr 13.
Febr 22 was confirmation letter, and I guess they count 25 days from that date, after one week was confirmation from bank about payment,
March 14 I received CSQ
Thank you for the answer! I received the confirmation letter on March 15, but still waiting for the CSQ to arrive. I called them yesterday and they said it was approved and sent already, now I just have to wait! Hopefully it will arrive today!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Just wanted to update y'all that my USwife got her OWP approved! (Dec 21st applicant) She got an email letter from IRCC today, so I checked MyCIC account but was puzzled that it didn't show that the application was approved, then I realized that she got a new application number for her work permit because it was resubmitted in Feb. I successfully linked her OWP (with the new app number) just few moments ago, and it shows that the OWP was received on the original date Dec 21st which surprised me. I think they accepted my letter of suggestion to grant her OWP by this month from the original date (which counts 4 months), not from the resubmission date (in Feb). I'm so glad I wrote that letter!! My wife now is over the moon and we're celebrating tonight with some stiff drinks! She was getting really restless for not working, and now she can. (I'm the sponsor and do all the paperwork, etc since my USwife hates doing so! haha Hence I'm on the forums, which helps a lot to read from other members, and learn stuff.)

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I’m in Quebec,

I have received my CSQ, and tomorrow I have my medical exam.

Does anyone know from the time of the medical exam, how long it is until the final decision?
Apparently when I applied for my OWP, I didn’t pay the right fee, so I need to call them and discuss this.

Mar 16, 2018
Hi folks,

Does anybody know if both the applicant and the sponsor must be physically present for the landing interview?
My partner is in the military and maybe he won't be in Canada when that happens.

I just want to know what to do. Thanks!
The landing appointment letter states that if you have been sponsored, your sponsor must be present and will have to provide photo identification. Having said that, they do let you reschedule your appointment. So you can reschedule it to a date that works for both of you.

Reactions: vaneizaguirre