+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

raa

Feb 11, 2018
Hi everyone.
I'm a December 13th PR + OWP applicant and I'm checking the CIC website like a crazy to check if my OWP updates.

Do you guys know what are the expected hours that the CIC keep updating the system? Does it make sense check my account on late night or is it insane?

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi everyone.
I'm a December 13th PR + OWP applicant and I'm checking the CIC website like a crazy to check if my OWP updates.

Do you guys know what are the expected hours that the CIC keep updating the system? Does it make sense check my account on late night or is it insane?
I would suggest checking after 8pm. In my case my owp approval arrived after 8pm. I remember checking it in the morning and around 7pm with no changes. You also get an email that "you have a new message" in your account once your owp gets approved. The message is a bit delayed by 1h in my case comparing to the update on the website.

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Guys, 2 questions:
Once your OWP gets approved you see just changes in the status online? Or you also receive an email "we approved you Owp"?
And how long does it take from approval to receiving an actual letter by mail? I am from Montreal if there are any differences...
I am Dec 11th, no news so far about OWP...

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi I have to phone them every 2 weeks.i went to office 2 days ago they said they found I have been out of status so they issued exclusion order for a year
I have a question my husband check in with them every month but am not sure if they are aware that a pr and sponsorship application is in process do you suggest he lets them know so they don’t order removal

Reactions: jeet07

wolforever

Mar 14, 2017
Hi,URGENT PLEASE

I received an email for appointment for PR and in it, it states:

"In order to be admitted to the IRCC Montreal office, clients who have received a convocation letter must:

- Present their convocation letter AND;

- Provide all the original documents stated below."

What is a convocation letter? Has anyone received it? What does it look like?
Hi my friend

I am currently waiting for the appointment letter from the local IRCC office. So how long you waited after you know that the local IRCC will contact you ?
You probably have received “inland landing letter “ right?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Guys, 2 questions:
Once your OWP gets approved you see just changes in the status online? Or you also receive an email "we approved you Owp"?
And how long does it take from approval to receiving an actual letter by mail? I am from Montreal if there are any differences...
I am Dec 11th, no news so far about OWP...
if you regularly check it in your mycic account, you should notice any changes specifically on the “review of eligibility”. if it changes to “we are reviewing”- it can change to APPROVED in a couple of hours. but if you don’t regularly check your mycic account, you should receive an email from cic telling your OWP is approved. you will also receive a email notification that you have a new message in your mycic account.

it usually comes in the mail about a week after it’s approved. it can come as soon as 3-5 working days.

Reactions: SunnyK17

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
I ticked off both as work permit and TVP as I didn't understand it at the time. I resubmitted with just the work permit box ticked. Does that mean we'll get OWP from Dec original date or from Feb resubmission date?
Resubmission date, unfortunately

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Let me get this straight, because I'm a little bit confused by OWP application processing offices:

People oftentimes submit their OWP application WITH their inland PR application to Mississauga - does this indicate that the OWP is being processed at the Mississauga office? I was under the impression that only Vegreville processes work permits. Also I've noticed Mississauga processing times (or people who send their OWP app w/ PR app together) take around 3.5 months for OWP approval.

I submitted my OWP application directly to Vegreville. From what I've gathered through a few others who've done the same, the processing time seems to take just under 3 months from the date of receipt. Are there actually two offices that process OWP? (Mississauga and Vegreville)

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I have a question my husband check in with them every month but am not sure if they are aware that a pr and sponsorship application is in process do you suggest he lets them know so they don’t order removal
Yes you should definitely inform them. I informed them when they call me for an interview but still they ordered me exclusion order. But u should tell them. When did u apply tho ?

newcan1

Jan 13, 2018
I submitted my PR & OWP together and it reached the Mississauga office on December 27th. I got my AOR on February 8th. I linked my PR application on the 8th of February. I was able to link my OWP on March 1st. However, when i look at both my linked applications, the day the Mississauga office received the applications has two different dates. The PR has the correct date of December 27th and the OWP says 12/20. I wasnt even done with the application then. Has that happened to anyone else?

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I submitted my PR & OWP together and it reached the Mississauga office on December 27th. I got my AOR on February 8th. I linked my PR application on the 8th of February. I was able to link my OWP on March 1st. However, when i look at both my linked applications, the day the Mississauga office received the applications has two different dates. The PR has the correct date of December 27th and the OWP says 12/20. I wasnt even done with the application then. Has that happened to anyone else?
Yep a lot of people, if you go back a while in this forum or the 2018 one you'll see a few people have the same issue! It's the same for me, the work permit is dated a week before my PR application! :)

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
Hi everyone. Quick question. When soneone gets a new passport does it need to be scanned and sent into CIC! When my partner received his new passport he applied for another OWP which he also just received. So does that mean they have it due to sending it to apply for new OWP?

sakura_hana17

Feb 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
Hi everyone. Quick question. When soneone gets a new passport does it need to be scanned and sent into CIC! When my partner received his new passport he applied for another OWP which he also just received. So does that mean they have it due to sending it to apply for new OWP?
Nothing to do with new OWP he received, the OWP is still valid but you might want to send the new passport information to CIC by web form because you have to make sure the new passport number will be updated for your PR process as well!