+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello, I have my wife is sposnoring me in Canada. They received the application on May 11, 2017 and I submitted my medical late Nov 2017, since then I've been waiting.

Now I have a concern. My wife doesn't work & never worked in Canada, but when we submitted the application, we included a proof of how we're gonna be living as I'm (being sponsored) working full time for the last 3 years and my wife is being supported by husband. Would that be a problem? Or it must be the sponsor (my wife) supposting the person being sponsored (me)??

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
Hi all,

I thought I'd update on this from last week having had my interview on the Thursday at the Montreal office. I had collected together some supporting information to try to get urgent processing of my PR card, including a letter from my employer saying I needed to go to the conference.

The first question I was asked at the interview was "are you planning to travel outside Canada in the next 8 weeks?". I explained my situation and asked if I could request urgent processing. I was told that they do not provide urgent processing for landed PRs for their 1st card (this is so stupid as that is the group of people who need them the most surely). She gave me three options:

1) They could cut short the 'interview' there and reschedule until after my conference.
I said no to this as it's been such a long journey, I just wanted it over with - I'll deal with the conference another way.

2) If I flew out of Canada and intended to fly back, I could apply to the consulate in the country I am travelling to, to get the Permanent Resident Travel Document.
This wouldn't work as I'm in the US for just 4 days so would not get processed in time.

3) I can drive across the border to a nearby US airport, fly from there to the conference then back to the US airport. Then I drive back across the Canada border from the US with just my passport. I don't need my PR card to drive back. The stipulation being that I have to be in a private vehicle when I cross back into Canada.
This is the option I've gone for - it's cost me a little bit to change flights but some will be covered by my work and the rest is worth it to not have to delay the interview and still get to the conference.

Other notes about the interview - it really did take less than 10mins - we didn't even sit down (it was just at a counter in the Montreal office). Most of that time was covering the travel stuff above.

They asked me where the first and last entry points into Canada were (note they aren't bothered about any as a visitor).

They asked if I'd ever been convicted or arrested.

They asked my sponsor if she was still happy to sponsor me.

She stamped the Confirmation of Permanent Resident form, got me to verify the info on it and sign it...

...and that was that!
Congratulations and thank you for the detailing the landing interview! I myself will have to attend one next Wednesday in Montreal. Do we need to take a photograph of our sponsor or just our?

The email stated that the interview between 08h30 and 10h00, does it means we have to be there at 08h30 point?

Thanks

AshaMc

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
My deadline for police check and schedule A was March 3rd it's still shows that my action is required. Anyone experiencing this?

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi all! I had my phone interview yesterday and it went well, it only lasted about 10 mins. I mailed the COPR to them and hope to get it back by next week.

So glad this process is almost over. I can feel the stress leaving my body.

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hello, I have my wife is sposnoring me in Canada. They received the application on May 11, 2017 and I submitted my medical late Nov 2017, since then I've been waiting.

Now I have a concern. My wife doesn't work & never worked in Canada, but when we submitted the application, we included a proof of how we're gonna be living as I'm (being sponsored) working full time for the last 3 years and my wife is being supported by husband. Would that be a problem? Or it must be the sponsor (my wife) supposting the person being sponsored (me)??
Note: There is no low income cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships, unless a dependent child also has one or more dependent children of their own. If a dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own, you must include a Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) form with your application (see your checklist for more details).

From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Reactions: YousifBreesam

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

CIC received my application on 14th Dec 2017.

AOR received on 29th Jan 2018. (PCC & Schedule A submitted same day)

OWP app linked to the account on 20th Feb 2018.

Any December 2017 applicants with their OWP's approved yet?

Please share your timelines! :)

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Congratulations and thank you for the detailing the landing interview! I myself will have to attend one next Wednesday in Montreal. Do we need to take a photograph of our sponsor or just our?

The email stated that the interview between 08h30 and 10h00, does it means we have to be there at 08h30 point?

Thanks
Congratulations to you too! Mine is next Thursday at the same office - would very much appreciate a short note from you on how it went, if you have time.

Good luck!

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
hi, i'm a March 24 Applicant, I just got a passport request today. does anyone know how long will more take to get approved or landing.
my consultant says it will take 2-3 months. I'm so confused.
Hi all! I had my phone interview yesterday and it went well, it only lasted about 10 mins. I mailed the COPR to them and hope to get it back by next week.
So glad this process is almost over. I can feel the stress leaving my body.
Hi Guys, I thought I had the full picture of the spousal sponsorship process, but looks like it is just clear as mud!

Is that possible to not have a Landing interview? What happens after the landing interview? Do we get a Passport Request like on the Express Entry? We must mail the COPR, why? What is the event that finalize the application? Are you considered a PR after the interview?

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
I
My deadline for police check and schedule A was March 3rd it's still shows that my action is required. Anyone experiencing this?
I submitted my Schedule A and Police Check in Nov 2017. My CIC just changed from "action is required" to "submitted".
So just wait for another while ...

I'm not even sure what that status means anymore....

Reactions: AshaMc

AlexDLaCruz

Sep 26, 2017
Hi everyone I just received this letter
Does anyone receive this letter too ?
Or anyone know what means?
Thanks

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

lee9

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
I think, it’s an interview and you have to convince them about the genuinity of your relationship,

If you don’t mind, can you share your timeline, have you received medical?

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks

What kind of additional document did they ask for last December? Please specify. It seems that the officer does not satisfy the additional document you provided and you should expect a relationship interview.