+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Anything from July applicants. I'm July 14th and haven't had any request for medical. When i call immigration it says background processing.

How long does that take and whats the next step?

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Hi! I'd been thru a lots of difficulties linking my application as well, But afte I did it, What I did is in Application details I used combination of :
*Family name , given name, and Date of Birth ( I did'nt use my Application No. or UCI ) It's works for me
* Then in Applicant's personal information you will noticed: Please enter city and country of birth, or passport information. Meaning to say
You can use either one, I Had trouble putting my COUNTRY OF BIrth, What I did Is leave it blank don't put any information in this area , I put 1 space inside of the box of City/ Town of birth and the next box will remain Please SElect
* Passport information will be completely Filled Up

* Evrything will be filled up until to the last section asking HOW many Family members are included in this application. I put 4, (2 children ,myself, and Sponsor) Although in my paper application when I submitted I put only 3 . I hope it will be help.
Thank you for your tips but I still couldn't link my OWP :'(

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
This evening my husband received an email from IRCC that we need to resend IMM1344A. We rechecked the application that we sent and it was IMM1344E - as this is the one in the application package.

Any idea where we can get IMM1344A? I tried searching it on cic.gc.ca but the file that shows up is IMM1344E still.

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
Anything from July applicants. I'm July 14th and haven't had any request for medical. When i call immigration it says background processing.

How long does that take and whats the next step?
Background process is the longest part, I am a March applicant and my background has been “in process” since September 2017. It’s hard to say when your medical request will come..a lot of my fellow March applicants had their requests 2 months before mine came in. Your timeline might be the exact same as your fellow July applicants or much different. Good luck with your application!

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hey everyone,

i submitted my application, and documents were received on Dec 1st, 2016. i just checked my cic on-line account. It shows they are reviewing my medical result. Following is my current application status.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am wondering is the time too long? Should i call CIC to confirm my application? If so, is there anyone know the number i should call?

Is there anyone can help me with this? Thanks!

Reactions: Noslord2003

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
When you get your COPR you are automatically a permanent resident of Canada. Traveling back to Canada won't be a problem, but it's adviceable to always travel with your COPR if you haven't received your PR card yet.
hey, this is not true. you need your PR card to reenter Canada. COPR is not a valid travel document. in fact after your landing interview and they issue you your COPR, they will advise you NOT to travel until you receive your PR card.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

waki

Feb 20, 2018
ECAS gets updated first before mycic account.
Congratulations let me be the first to congratulate you. As you soon become a PR
Thank you Noslord2003 !... How long does it usually take for them to send out a landing interview letter? do they send it by email or regular mail?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
hey, this is not true. you need your PR card to reenter Canada. COPR is not a valid travel document. in fact after your landing interview and they issue you your COPR, they will advise you NOT to travel until you receive your PR card.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
But I was being specific on his case. He is from a visa exempt country so boarding a flight to Canada is not a problem for him, all he should worry about is at the port of entry, if he is asked about his status ( i.e if he is even asked ). If you are from a visa exempt country even your OWP will get you in at the port of entry.

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
But I was being specific on his case. He is from a visa exempt country so boarding a flight to Canada is not a problem for him, all he should worry about is at the port of entry, if he is asked about his status ( i.e if he is even asked ). If you are from a visa exempt country even your OWP will get you in at the port of entry.
right. i didn’t read his case. lol. but anyway, if he is already confirmed as permanent resident, then he needs the PR card to travel. the OWP is considered void once confirmed. if he wants to travel before getting the PR card then he should postpone the landing interview.

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
J
Just want to update my timeline

Nov 8 2017: sent application with OWP
Nov 9 2017: received (Mississauga)
Jan 6 2018: Email received and linked both applications
Feb 20 2018: OWP approved!!!!!
Just a question about OWP status on CIC. How does your status change throughout the processing on CIC. Ours was submitted Jan 3rd, linked to CIC on Feb 9 after AOR. Status on CIC currently says "We are processing your application, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". Just wondering what to look out for!