+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Q3- She has valid ETA but she got this ETA when she came in Canada as a Visitor, she did not get new ETA as a worker from IRCC and when reached out with IRCC , it was informed that this is valid ETA so will it be fine if she returns back at 1 way flight?

raysone

Feb 9, 2018
no, if you weren't living together at the time of becoming pr, then there is no issue. you were single when you landed. Conjugal doesn't apply to you because you didn't have any immigration barriers preventing you from seeing eachother. it's irrelevant to your previous application. you will be applying as a married couple, and barring any other red flags, you shouldn't see any issues about this.

A congjual relationship in the eyes of immigration is a spousal-type of relationship that occurs when 2 people are living in different countries and have immigration barriers preventing them from being married or becoming commonlaw. typically this is related to same sex couples or when people can not get visas to visit eachother to get married/become commonlaw in a third country. since neither of you had issues visiting eachother, your relationship wouldn't be considered "conjugal" for immigration purposes.
What do you mean? Do the online application before the marriage is registered?

tesing1234

Feb 18, 2018
Hi it’s 12 months for both inland or Outland applications . But for work permit it can vary from 3-4 Months if you have a valid status . People without status have to wait for applicant approval.
Thanks for the reply, could you explain what you mean by valid status? How is that achieved?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply, could you explain what you mean by valid status? How is that achieved?
Hi valid status means u should have a valid visa or permit to stay in Canada if that’s expired then it take long to get spousal open work permit

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Any dec applicant got OWP ? Is cic processing nov applicants yet . Any news guys .
My wife's OWP was returned due to an error and IRCC will receive it on Tuesday with the corrected OWP. You should be getting yours soon.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Has anyone taken a short vacation outside of Canada while their inland PR is processing? I'm an October 2017 applicant heading to the U.S this July for a legal name change. I'll be out of Canada for 3 weeks - my sponsor is staying in Canada. I have a round trip ticket so it's proof of my intent to return.

Anyone else have a similar situation? Should I forward my ticket/intentions to my Immigration Officer or just go on my trip anyway?

s.buj

Jul 21, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Has anyone taken a short vacation outside of Canada while their inland PR is processing? I'm an October 2017 applicant heading to the U.S this July for a legal name change. I'll be out of Canada for 3 weeks - my sponsor is staying in Canada. I have a round trip ticket so it's proof of my intent to return.

Anyone else have a similar situation? Should I forward my ticket/intentions to my Immigration Officer or just go on my trip anyway?
I've left Canada at least 6-7 times since submitting. As long as you have your OWP with you when you travel, it shouldn't be an issue.

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Quebec Spousal Applicants - any news? Jan 2017 AOR here. Still nothing and have not heard anything for close to two months now.

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Your 12 months is already passed! You should call them and see what’s going on! You haven’t received DM?
No - I did call and they told me everything is fine - all the necessary documents are in. I believe immigration to Quebec takes a bit longer, that's why I'm checking in with others.

AlexDLaCruz

Sep 26, 2017
Hi Alex, any news for you?
Hi , No news yet , I call them and they told me the same as you , everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about juts some applications are taking more time because not all of them are the same
And that was on February 12 by the way I’m in Toronto