+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I think I read you post properly. So, the implied status just starts when they start to process your application and not when they receive it. That is the reason why a lot of people apply for an extension of visitor permit to guarantee that they have still have status when immigration starts processing the application
This is not true. Implied status goes into effect as long as they receive the application BEFORE your status. If your application is returned then you lose any implied status. Implied status does not take effect after AOR

Reactions: Shannonbella

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
I think I read you post properly. So, the implied status just starts when they start to process your application and not when they receive it. That is the reason why a lot of people apply for an extension of visitor permit to guarantee that they have still have status when immigration starts processing the application
Don't you get implied status even just applying for the PR? that's what I found on the website and what an agent told me

patriciaan

Dec 14, 2017
This is not true. Implied status goes into effect as long as they receive the application BEFORE your status. If your application is returned then you lose any implied status. Implied status does not take effect after AOR
Well my lawyer told me that so I don’t know. I might be wrong then

aham1991

Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Don't you get implied status even just applying for the PR? that's what I found on the website and what an agent told me
You get implied status if you applied for owp. PR application doesn’t give you any status.
The website says:
“When no application for a work or study permit is received with the application for permanent residence, the applicant is obliged to apply to extend their visitor status.”

Reactions: Wayfarer

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
You get implied status if you applied for owp. PR application doesn’t give you any status.
The website says:
“When no application for a work or study permit is received with the application for permanent residence, the applicant is obliged to apply to extend their visitor status.”
This is correct. You need to apply for OWP to have implied stAtus.

thandaganen

Jan 19, 2018
Hi guys
For Inland Sponsorship application we included open work permit application also but we paid $100 so the aplocation is back due to the insufficient fee - they are asking to send the package with correct fees ( package came back with application + fee paid )
My concern is do we need send a new open work permit application or only the fee with the package ??

Please help me appreciate your help

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
So implied status starts when they receive it? Does it say it on the website?

aham1991

Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Weird, I was sure I found a page on the IRCC page saying you can get implied status even with PR, but I can't find it anymore.
Unfortunately, no.
You can find it here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/inland-applications-permanent-residence-status-extension.html

And here saying that you must maintain your legal status in Canada while application in process meaning that you do need apply/extend for either visitor, work or study permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
So implied status starts when they receive it? Does it say it on the website?
Go look at the implied status definition on cic website. It’s there. You need to submit a OWP with your application for implied status to take effect. Also to qualify for implied status you need to have status at least until they receive your application. It has NOTHING to do with AOR.

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
I'm Oct 16 applicant, received an email that my OWP has been approved on Jan 16th.

Yeah, they would only issue a WP until the expiry date of your passport.
My passport will expire in December 2020, and the validity of my OWP's 2020/01/16 following the date they email me the notification that it has been approved which is.. 2018/01/16
So I assume it doesn't necessarily have to follow the expiry date of our passport.

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
Go look at the implied status definition on cic website. It’s there. You need to submit a OWP with your application for implied status to take effect. Also to qualify for implied status you need to have status at least until they receive your application. It has NOTHING to do with AOR.
I was looking on another tread and someone said the the call centre agent said it's actually from the day you send it. So I still don't understand why they sent that email to me.
Anywasy thanks to everyone for your replies :)